Rondale Moore silence is deafening

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
No one in the national media is projecting a breakout season from Moore, and considering that he’s a second-round pick in his second season, the local media have been extremely quiet about him.

#sus

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All through first half of camp I saw quite a few reports about Rondale and being excited to see what he can do…. Video feeds being posted of him getting the ball in space etc… We even had a couple debates on here with people chiming in with stuff like “sure hope so” and “hope he isn’t just used on BLOS routes” etc….. He was getting some pub…. Probably doesn’t help that HB is back now. He’s the shiny new toy.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one in the national media is projecting a breakout season from Moore, and considering that he’s a second-round pick in his second season, the local media have been extremely quiet about him.

#sus

Well I get about 10 you must have these guys in your fantasy team alerts a day and he's been in several of them.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
From the body of a long piece in the AZ Republic, Aug. 9. And you can find several Fantasy breakout pieces too.

If you had to predict a player on this offense who seems poised to have a breakout season, Moore would be the popular pick. Not only has Kingsbury repeatedly said Moore can expect to be more fully utilized across the offense, but Jefferson suggested Moore can be a game changer who will give fits to opposing defenses.

“We’ve played him outside and we’ve played him inside, so he’s gotten work at both the X and the H inside,” Jefferson said. “You’re going to see him in a bunch of positions, even in the backfield, coming out of the backfield. He’s one of those guys who can do it all.

“He’s quick, he’s very sure-handed. He can separate in the break area, make guys miss after the catch. … The offense is totally wide open for what he can do for us this year.”

Don’t waste your time asking Moore if he’s excited to see his role expanding. Even if he was, he wouldn’t let you know it.

“Yeah, I mean whatever they have in store, whatever’s the plan, I’m ready for it,” he said. “For me, my approach stays the same – just go out there, work hard and continue to stay in my playbook.”

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Im concerned about replacing Kirk. Not that he was great, but he was making some downfield plays from the slot that Im not sure Rondale is ready to make yet. Kyler is going to have to trust him and really be pinpoint accurate.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
If he was having problems or they were trying to still find his role, he would be getting playing time in preseason.

They didn’t say ish about Boldin during his rookie camp.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Want to fill us in on that?
I tuned into 98.7 for a couple minutes yesterday, and he was really negative. Said he expected to see growth and didn't see it. Said he should have been flashing vs. 2's and 3's, and didn't see it.

When does the Zaven Collins to OLB move come?

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Im concerned about replacing Kirk. Not that he was great, but he was making some downfield plays from the slot that Im not sure Rondale is ready to make yet. Kyler is going to have to trust him and really be pinpoint accurate.
I think they’ll be okay. They certainly will try Moore, but Dortch can play there as well. Once Hopkins gets back they could well move Brown inside on some formations.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
If he was having problems or they were trying to still find his role, he would be getting playing time in preseason.

They didn’t say ish about Boldin during his rookie camp.
The fans on this board called Boldin as a great right from the start. Somebody dig up that old "I hear a lot about..." thread, please! I couldn't have been more happy to be wrong!

Stout

Reaction score
You were skeptic about a Cardinal player?? Nahhh.
I know, right? lol

To be fair, when folks go crazy over a draft pick of ours in pre-season, 9 times out of 10 it's wildly premature. And it was way, way too early to be crowning the Quan. Except it wasn't too early at all :)

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I tuned into 98.7 for a couple minutes yesterday, and he was really negative. Said he expected to see growth and didn't see it. Said he should have been flashing vs. 2's and 3's, and didn't see it.

When does the Zaven Collins to OLB move come?
I think that is where he needs to play. I feel he has more potential as a pass rusher than reading and diagnosing plays at ILB.

Same situation as Reddick, trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I want to hear more about Moore

The more I hear, from those who jeer,
the more I fear, what I hear about Moore.
Some say he's a dear, some just leer,
I want to hear, more about Moore.
They say he's fast, but can he last.
That's what I, fear about Moore.
As seasons pass, and we look in the past,
what will we, say about Moore.
If we say with delight, that his future was bright,
Then I'll want to hear, more about Moore.
But in the end if we must, say he was a bust,
there'll be nothing more, to say about Moore.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I want to hear more about Moore.
The more I hear, from those who jeer,
the more I fear about Moore.
Some say he's a dear, some just leer,
I want to hear more about Moore.
They say he's fast, but can he last.
That's what I fear about Moore.
As seasons pass, and we look in the past,
what will we say about Moore.
If we say with delight, that his future was bright,
Then I'll want to hear more about Moore.
But in the end if we must, say he was a bust,
there'll be nothing to say about Moore.
And there’s that!

Stout

Reaction score
We'll see what we have in Moore this year, that's certain. Is he injury prone, unable to play all the WR positions, and a poor man's gadget player, or will he break out? Not much of a middle ground for him, it seems. And the jury is very, very much still out.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Did he play last night? I brought it up in the game day thread, wasn't sure if he was suited up or not

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose