Rondale Moore silence is deafening

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
No one in the national media is projecting a breakout season from Moore, and considering that he’s a second-round pick in his second season, the local media have been extremely quiet about him.

#sus
He's a Keim WR draft pick. His suckiness is inevitable

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think that is where he needs to play. I feel he has more potential as a pass rusher than reading and diagnosing plays at ILB.

Same situation as Reddick, trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.
Yeah...this team struggles with this.

Bucannon, Humphries, Reddick, Simmons, Collins, and now Cam Thomas. I am sure some will disagree but I feel all of these players were drafted to do things other than what they did best in college.

Collins just doesn't seem to be a sideline to sideline, middle of the field player. He doesn't seem to have the instincts for it. And that makes sense because he wasn't that guy in college. More of a half the field, off-ball guy who used good athleticism to make a variety of plays.

I watch Vance drop Golden, Chandler Jones, Zach Allen and Cam Thomas in coverage and I am like, that is why you play Collins outside, because he would be great at that.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I watch Vance drop Golden, Chandler Jones, Zach Allen and Cam Thomas in coverage and I am like, that is why you play Collins outside, because he would be great at that.

one one hand: pre season is a time to experiment and see how it goes.

on the other: we sure have seen Vance to do just that in the regular season.

Cam Thomas seems like a natural 4-3 DE. Collins sure seems like a natural 4-3 SAM.

Keim loves these "versatile" players but it seems to translate into "average at everything, excellent at nothing"

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yeah...this team struggles with this.

Bucannon, Humphries, Reddick, Simmons, Collins, and now Cam Thomas. I am sure some will disagree but I feel all of these players were drafted to do things other than what they did best in college.

Collins just doesn't seem to be a sideline to sideline, middle of the field player. He doesn't seem to have the instincts for it. And that makes sense because he wasn't that guy in college. More of a half the field, off-ball guy who used good athleticism to make a variety of plays.

Watching Cam Thomas in coverage last night was comical. That's a guy who should never be running around in coverage.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Did he play last night? I brought it up in the game day thread, wasn't sure if he was suited up or not
I don’t think he even suited up. I read somewhere that there were a half dozen or so of those guys not even dressing for the game. It was either the first part of this thread or a release put out by the team? I will look for it.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Found it. Post number 40 in the game day thread.

José M. Romero

@RomeroJoseM
·
Follow
Not a single player expected to be a starter on offense when the regular season begins is dressed for the Cardinals tonight vs. BAL. No Kyler, Hollywood, Conner, Ertz (injured), Rondale Moore, A.J. Green, all five O-linemen.
4:45 PM · Aug 21, 2022

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Found it. Post number 40 in the game day thread.

José M. Romero
@RomeroJoseM
·
Follow
Not a single player expected to be a starter on offense when the regular season begins is dressed for the Cardinals tonight vs. BAL. No Kyler, Hollywood, Conner, Ertz (injured), Rondale Moore, A.J. Green, all five O-linemen.
4:45 PM · Aug 21, 2022
And here is another thing: The Cardinals didn't even play their #2 QB. The coverage was fawning over Huntley and didn't even mention that the Cardinals were rolling with a guy who would only play in extreme emergencies (McSorley).

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Watching Cam Thomas in coverage last night was comical. That's a guy who should never be running around in coverage.
and that is what drives me crazy with Collins. If that is what you want to to do with your EDGE players, why not play Collins in that role because it is totally something he could do and be pretty natural/effective at it.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m intrigued, but Wolf has been a Collins skeptic for a minute now.
Collins made a TFL against the Ravens, he definitely looked better Sunday than he did against the Bengals for sure. They interviewed him after the Bengals game & he basically said that "the plays don't always come into your area" I'm paraphrasing of course but it was something to that affect? We shall see come first game if he's ready or not?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
From the body of a long piece in the AZ Republic, Aug. 9. And you can find several Fantasy breakout pieces too.

If you had to predict a player on this offense who seems poised to have a breakout season, Moore would be the popular pick. Not only has Kingsbury repeatedly said Moore can expect to be more fully utilized across the offense, but Jefferson suggested Moore can be a game changer who will give fits to opposing defenses.

“We’ve played him outside and we’ve played him inside, so he’s gotten work at both the X and the H inside,” Jefferson said. “You’re going to see him in a bunch of positions, even in the backfield, coming out of the backfield. He’s one of those guys who can do it all.

“He’s quick, he’s very sure-handed. He can separate in the break area, make guys miss after the catch. … The offense is totally wide open for what he can do for us this year.”

Don’t waste your time asking Moore if he’s excited to see his role expanding. Even if he was, he wouldn’t let you know it.

“Yeah, I mean whatever they have in store, whatever’s the plan, I’m ready for it,” he said. “For me, my approach stays the same – just go out there, work hard and continue to stay in my playbook.”
I've watched this kid ever since high school, he played right here at Louisville Trinity H.S. He chose to play at Purdue because of the offense they run & Jeff Brohm (HC at Purdue) is a Trinity alum. Broke my heart, I wanted him at Kentucky lol. The kid can catch just as good as Kirk, just needs a chance. He's faster than Kirk, he can make guys miss, his stats of YAC was top notch at Purdue when he played. He was a 1st team all american his freshman season. The coaches are saying he has the whole route tree down now, that should've happened last season, especially when Hopkins got hurt. They used him for gadget plays more than anything last season, even then he still made guys miss for extra yardage. You can line him up at any of the 4 WR positions & he'll be fine, even getting him outta the backfield will give defenses fits. Once he gets the ball in space, look out, he makes guys miss tackles. Again, he just needed a chance, 13 million dollars per year later (Kirk in Jax) he's gonna get that chance I hope? I can only imagine how good our offense will look, with Hopkins & Brown getting more focus from the defense & Moore freed up in space.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Likely preseason overreaction

Anyone else slightly wondering if Dortch might be a more natural WR than Rondale?

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
On the Big Red Rage this week Moore to a random stray from both Wolfley and Calvisi when they were discussing which wideouts might actually play.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson