Film study

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
In this post you place the blame for the interception on the oline and the receivers and the defense and the responsibility for improving on the coaching staff. Know what I found deficient? Zero responsibility or accountability for kyler. This is your pattern. Just fyi.
Teflon Kyler.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Rashad Johnson took some shots at the FO, but have any teammates, or ex-teammates, come out in support of Kyler's work habits? I haven't heard if any if they have.
Again, “work habits” is the wrong subject. He very obviously works out hard. It’s “study” that is the real question. He can spend 100 hours per week on his craft, but if it’s all lifting, running, flexibility, and throwing and little-to-no film study he’s lowering his ceiling.

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
Doesn't even remotely apply to KM. KM has brought this on himself. It's on him to mature and prove his doubters wrong.

100% Stout! And if he fails, the Kyler apologists on this board - and we all know who they are - will still blame the OL, the WRs, KK, Keim, the rest of the FO, Mike B, the defense, the weather, the ball boys, the cheerleaders, the parking lot attendants, etc, etc, etc.

Who won't they blame? The 24-yr old who with the the Jay Cutler-esque body language when things go wrong. But hey, from what I hear, he at least plays a top notch game of Madden! :confused:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again, “work habits” is the wrong subject. He very obviously works out hard. It’s “study” that is the real question. He can spend 100 hours per week on his craft, but if it’s all lifting, running, flexibility, and throwing and little-to-no film study he’s lowering his ceiling.
facts

WeBlitz

Rookie
Reaction score
100% Stout! And if he fails, the Kyler apologists on this board - and we all know who they are - will still blame the OL, the WRs, KK, Keim, the rest of the FO, Mike B, the defense, the weather, the ball boys, the cheerleaders, the parking lot attendants, etc, etc, etc.

Who won't they blame? The 24-yr old who with the the Jay Cutler-esque body language when things go wrong. But hey, from what I hear, he at least plays a top notch game of Madden! :confused:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
If I were to take a guess at this it would be Murray's preparation habits are all over the spectrum on a weekly basis. I would say some weeks he is doing some level of due diligence and other weeks it's almost non-existent. I suspect there are weeks he is in study mode and it could be based on the opponent and other weeks where he just doesn't feel the need again maybe based on the opponent. It could be he's just not feeling the need at times to put the time in. Whatever the case may be, the bottom line is the feeling here is there was no consistency in his approach to preparing for each weekly opponent.

WeBlitz

Rookie
Reaction score
Yea it sucks but still just a deflection from Kyler.
Is it really?

I only see PACardsFan defend Kyler & act like he’s Teflon constantly. Otherwise, it’s just constant Kyler slander and even threads derailing into Kyler slander.

I find it interesting the media seems to realize the FO is the biggest problem with the team and not the fanbase.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it really?

I only see PACardsFan defend Kyler & act like he’s Teflon constantly. Otherwise, it’s just constant Kyler slander and even threads derailing into Kyler slander.

I find it interesting the media seems to realize the FO is the biggest problem with the team and not the fanbase.
The fan base knows. They know exactly what the FO is all about we have 30+ years of practice but they are the constant. Literally nothing can be done unless MB decides to sell. Still doesn’t absolve players we do have form their shortcomings and their ability to improve what they can.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Doesn't even remotely apply to KM. KM has brought this on himself. It's on him to mature and prove his doubters wrong.
We may not always agree, but I agree with you on this. Not that he necessarily brought this on himself, but that it‘s up to him to mature & prove his doubters wrong. Hopefully, he has a huge chip on his shoulders.

Stout

Reaction score

This isn't going away anytime soon.
Yawn. Who cares if it doesn't go away? It's not going to make an impact on...anything. It's laughable that folks are down to race to defend KM's bad study habits.

Let's see how he reacts this season. That'll be the true measure on if the point got through.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yawn. Who cares if it doesn't go away? It's not going to make an impact on...anything. It's laughable that folks are down to race to defend KM's bad study habits.

Let's see how he reacts this season. That'll be the true measure on if the point got through.

Well I have already seen two big changes. The press conference and him calling the plays in practice like a coach instead of taking a real day off.

I didn't mind the clause. I hate we rescinded it and now look like Jack rags

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you really wanted to rescind it, wait til the end of training camp and just have a press conference.

"We invested a lot of money into Kyler Murray this off season. To his credit, Kyler took the challenges in his contract to a new level and has surpassed everything we could imagine. It was money well spent and a bargain at this point. Kyler was the first veteran in camp. He has take leadership on his days off and chosen to work and call plays. As a result of his excellent character and work, we are removing the independent study clause from his contract.

Stout

Reaction score
Well I have already seen two big changes. The press conference and him calling the plays in practice like a coach instead of taking a real day off.

I didn't mind the clause. I hate we rescinded it and now look like Jack rags
That he did a press conference and seemed a bit personable is a big plus. The Easy Money shirt and "did no wrong" attitude didn't play for me. I would've liked a more humble approach, but it is what it is. A step in the right direction.

The clause proved the problem existed. Rescinding it was sheer stupidity, I agree.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That he did a press conference and seemed a bit personable is a big plus. The Easy Money shirt and "did no wrong" attitude didn't play for me. I would've liked a more humble approach, but it is what it is. A step in the right direction.

The clause proved the problem existed. Rescinding it was sheer stupidity, I agree.

Being the first veteran in camp and calling plays instead of Kingsbury are big improvements as well.

There was a way to make this all work

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Being the first veteran in camp and calling plays instead of Kingsbury are big improvements as well.

There was a way to make this all work
I don't think calling plays in practice is a big deal and a big step in improvement. If anything has been established, if there is one thing Murray does know it's the playbook so I don't see calling plays as anything that is going to improve his play on the field and at this point it may just be more show than anything. Let's see if he's still showing up on off days 4-5 weeks from now, then I'll be more convinced Murray is stepping up his efforts to become a better player.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think calling plays in practice is a big deal and a big step in improvement. If anything has been established, if there is one thing Murray does know it's the playbook so I don't see calling plays as anything that is going to improve his play on the field and at this point it may just be more show than anything. Let's see if he's still showing up on off days 4-5 weeks from now, then I'll be more convinced Murray is stepping up his efforts to become a better player.

Except Kingbury always calls the plays. This is new. It shows leadership

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Not true even a little bit.

It proves that ownership may have that perception. What a great way to make your QB look like an idiot.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose