Film study

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And bears **** in the woods. I did try to tell everyone that Bidwill was to blame here. But, again, again, again, too many on this board would prefer to blame our 24 year old QB instead. As long as a Bidwill owns this team, we are doomed.
Lol. NONE of this eliminates kylers earlie comments that raised legit questions about his study habits, which is the only criticism leveled at him in this conversation.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No matter which side of this you sit on there has to be some kernel of truth about Murray's study habits. Despite the fact that Bidwill is now blamed for this as protecting his investment, if you were Keim and Klingsbury and you had completed unfailing faith in Murray and his study habits, one would think that they would argue vehemently not to place such a clause as it would not be productive nor positive in any way. If you were Murray's agent you would never accept such a clause because of the potential damage it could cause to your client. All parties involved had to know the contract would end up public due to it's size and for a player who has yet to live up to the amount being paid to him and who had created controversy earlier with his actions on social media. The old saying of where there is smoke there is fire holds true here because the room has a smoky haze in it.
Right. It’s not like that boilerplate language that was accidentally placed in the contract. It was custom language that was purposefully included, reviewed, and accepted by all parties. You don’t create a contractual clause with zero reason. You just don’t.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Maybe. But I don't see it generating any excitement for the upcoming season. The vibe in the Valley is pretty negative.
About this you’re 100% correct. The offseason has been greatly tilted towards the negative rather than the positive.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol. NONE of this eliminates kylers earlie comments that raised legit questions about his study habits, which is the only criticism leveled at him in this conversation.
Kyler never said he didn’t prepare with every ounce of his being. He said he didn‘t obsess over watching film. Some QB’s have to watch a ton of film to compensate for physical or cognitive deficiencies. Because of his gifted skill set, watching film may not necessarily be at the very top of his preparation list. I’ll accept what he and his coaches think is appropriate for him as opposed to talking heads & people on a fan forum.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Kyler never said he didn’t prepare with every ounce of his being. He said he didn‘t obsess over watching film. Some QB’s have to watch a ton of film to compensate for physical or cognitive deficiencies. Because of his gifted skill set, watching film may not necessarily be at the very top of his preparation list. I’ll accept what he and his coaches think is appropriate for him as opposed to talking heads & people on a fan forum.
You don’t even see the contradiction in your first two sentences, do you?

Let me ask you a question . . . do you think kyler is as good as he will ever be?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The logical read of your first sentence is that kyler is preparing “with every ounce of his being.” The second sentence clearly states that kyler doesn’t obsess over film, so clearly not “every ounce” is being accessed in the preparation. Unless you’re defining “every” in some fashion other than meaning . . . “every.”

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hmm, and how might he improve? By study perchance? If so, shouldn’t we want him studying as much as the top guys at the position?
He needs a better interior OL & for his WR’s to stay healthy. And maybe a defense that might stop someone or cause turnovers. You might want to remember that when our D was forcing turnovers the first half of the season, that Murray was a leading candidate for MVP. When your D is a sieve like it was down the stretch, it forces the offense to take risks it might not otherwise take. Kind of like Murray trying to throw the ball away while getting twisted like a pretzel against the Rams to avoid a safety. As far as his preparation, I want him to be prepared as is humanly possible. That may or may not involve more film watching. Our coaching staff should be able to assist a 24 year old in finding the right mix.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The logical read of your first sentence is that kyler is preparing “with every ounce of his being.” The second sentence clearly states that kyler doesn’t obsess over film, so clearly not “every ounce” is being accessed in the preparation. Unless you’re defining “every” in some fashion other than meaning . . . “every.”
Now you sound like Bill Clinton. Every ounce of his being may not necessarily mean hour after hour after hour of watching film.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well here we are now

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1659210419321.jpg
    FB_IMG_1659210419321.jpg
    387 KB · Views: 22

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He needs a better interior OL & for his WR’s to stay healthy. And maybe a defense that might stop someone or cause turnovers. You might want to remember that when our D was forcing turnovers the first half of the season, that Murray was a leading candidate for MVP. When your D is a sieve like it was down the stretch, it forces the offense to take risks it might not otherwise take. Kind of like Murray trying to throw the ball away while getting twisted like a pretzel against the Rams to avoid a safety. As far as his preparation, I want him to be prepared as is humanly possible. That may or may not involve more film watching. Our coaching staff should be able to assist a 24 year old in finding the right mix.
In this post you place the blame for the interception on the oline and the receivers and the defense and the responsibility for improving on the coaching staff. Know what I found deficient? Zero responsibility or accountability for kyler. This is your pattern. Just fyi.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well here we are now
I would have agreed with this 100% but for kylers comment. He did that to himself. You know my perspectives on race, social justice, etc. Imo the kyler thing isn’t what mahomes is stating. Or at least for some of his critics it isn’t.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have agreed with this 100% but for kylers comment. He did that to himself. You know my perspectives on race, social justice, etc. Imo the kyler thing isn’t what mahomes is stating. Or at least for some of his critics it isn’t.

I agree but this is the outside player perception. Michael really screwed the pooch here.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
No doubt the organization 100% cardinaled this. But kyler invited this on himself. Plenty of blame for them both.
This is my view.

Kyler's comment was really dumb in a vacuum. It gave off the impression that he didn't study film. From his comment, you could infer a range of film watching, from not at all to not enough. In no way did his comment make it sound like he is a film junkie like a lot of us expect him to be.

And then the Cardinals step in and add a ludicrously dumb addendum. Four hours?!?!? Thats a paltry sum of film watching. It makes it look like Kyler isn't watching any film on a week-to-week basis. I don't believe that to be the case at all. I'd wager, Kyler watches quite a bit of film. So this addendum makes Kyler look like a slacker and it makes the Cardinals look foolish for signing a slacker to the second largest deal in NFL history. Assinine.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This is my view.

Kyler's comment was really dumb in a vacuum. It gave off the impression that he didn't study film. From his comment, you could infer a range of film watching, from not at all to not enough. In no way did his comment make it sound like he is a film junkie like a lot of us expect him to be.

And then the Cardinals step in and add a ludicrously dumb addendum. Four hours?!?!? Thats a paltry sum of film watching. It makes it look like Kyler isn't watching any film on a week-to-week basis. I don't believe that to be the case at all. I'd wager, Kyler watches quite a bit of film. So this addendum makes Kyler look like a slacker and it makes the Cardinals look foolish for signing a slacker to the second largest deal in NFL history. Assinine.
I am shocked Kyler has not fired his agent by now. So many mis-steps.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This is my view.

Kyler’s poor play at the end of seasons along with his terrible playoff game along with his own comments along with the contract verbiage probably paint an accurate picture of Kyler. Kyler does a base level of prep and study which is why he has been able to put up very good personal numbers. To get further he has to be willing to do more.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Rashad Johnson took some shots at the FO, but have any teammates, or ex-teammates, come out in support of Kyler's work habits? I haven't heard if any if they have.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Rashad Johnson took some shots at the FO, but have any teammates, or ex-teammates, come out in support of Kyler's work habits? I haven't heard if any if they have.
Zach Ertz said that he’s never asked Kyler a question and come away with the idea or feeling he was unprepared.

No one has said, “we have to pry the iPad out of Kyler’s hands to get him to eat,” though. Part of that is I don’t think Kyler has a lot of people he’s close to in the locker room.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave