Rodney Hudson - returns after holding out?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It's Wolf's JOB to speculate on the Cards... DUH!

And, as any observer knows, Darren the employee is not in the breaking news business.

On day one of camp, we'll know what the scoop is, which will be at the same time as Wolf and Darren.
What they know and what they can report on are two different things. That is where journalistic integrity comes in. No one is going to report a player is retiring unless that player or agent or front office tells them the player is retiring.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm wondering if there is a reading comprehension issue here. Britcard continues to insist that there is absolutely nothing going on with Hudson, and trivializes it to a random tweet. That's completely inaccurate!

There is legitimate smoke around the Hudson situation, and acting like there isn't is pure cognitive dissonance. Hell, DARREN URBAN'S headline makes it clear that there could be issues:

Rodney Hudson Absent, So Justin Pugh May Be Cardinals Center​

With one veteran a question mark​

I guess Wolf is just expounding on it for the hell of it too, all is well!

Where did I say "absolutely nothing was going on with Hudson"? More BS.

I said something is going on but we have no idea what it is. Yet several dozen tweets keep stating things as fact that stem from a single tweet by a glorified blogger. We KNOW nothing.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Where did I say "absolutely nothing was going on with Hudson"? More BS.

I said something is going on but we have no idea what it is. Yet several dozen tweets keep stating things as fact that stem from a single tweet by a glorified blogger. We KNOW nothing.

Attachments

• Shultz.jpg
    Shultz.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 4

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Discussing it and stating it as fact over and over are not the same thing.

Its getting like a perpetual Walter post. There's 20+ pages of people repeating that Hudson is retiring and the Cards knew about it before the draft all based on a single tweet by a guy Kyler publicly called out as clueless.

Literally people calling the FO a joke for not drafting or bringing in a C based on a Chuck Harris tweet and rampant speculation.
False. People are repeating that he MIGHT retire and that we've not adequately prepared for the possibility, and, if he does play, maybe his heart won't be in it.

Stout

Reaction score
Being discussed on 98.7 now - Wolf freaking out, "it's not good", if Hudson is out, you have to re-evaluate everything. Doesn't need to be a top 10 line, but they need to be good enough to allow talent to do their job.

You can continue to thrust your head in the sand, but acting like nothing is happening here is almost comical.
Boom goes the dynamite.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
There is a difference between 'nothing is happening' and YOU concluding what is occurring and scoffing at anyone who brings up your self-serving timeline and dubious interpretations.

You don't know, what you don't know... so stop acting as if you DO!
I mean if wolf is freaking out that’s a pretty good indicator that something’s not good here.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's Wolf's JOB to speculate on the Cards... DUH!

And, as any observer knows, Darren the employee is not in the breaking news business.

On day one of camp, we'll know what the scoop is, which will be at the same time as Wolf and Darren.
Yeah I think it’s folly to discount wolf’s connections with the team.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sounds like it’s all but confirmed.. Chuck Harris followed up with AZ today and put out a tweet around 715pm eastern time and was told “believe so” when asked if Hudson was done.

Moving on - Kiem has to make a trade at this point for a relevant Olineman.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
and I don't believe anyone on here believes Hudson is considering retirement because Chuck Harris said it, Chuck is saying it because that reason fits the situation.

A picture that omits the best Cardinals offensive lineman while including the other four starters also generates a reasonable reaction that the best player is omitted because that player may not be on the team.
Particularly when the missing player is under contract.

Stout

Reaction score
Sounds like it’s all but confirmed.. Chuck Harris followed up with AZ today and put out a tweet around 715pm eastern time and was told “believe so” when asked if Hudson was done.

Gawd, how many freaking draft picks are we going to part with because of our bum GM? I wish we had or could get someone who could assemble a good OL.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Being like "Guys he just didn't want to come to work" when Rodney Hudson hasn't had to do ANYTHING with the Cards since January 17 is a WILD hill to die on.

SIX MONTHS OFF IS NOT ENOUGH!!!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
What they know and what they can report on are two different things. That is where journalistic integrity comes in. No one is going to report a player is retiring unless that player or agent or front office tells them the player is retiring.
Jesus....I was starting to take it all seriously until this post...

journalistic...what???

first you have to get over the hurdle of calling a sports writer a journalist....

then you gotta get past the very recent announcement of Tom Brady's retirement by one of the more...."respected" ...guys in the job...

then you have to get past the fact every hack that covers the cardinals does so because they cant actually get a GOOD job reporting sports...

clicks, views, listeners, controversy.....all come way before any form of integrity...and ego does too... not to mention FOMO.... whoever guesses correctly first gets to be the cool kid for a day, yeehaw!!!

Facts... Rodney Hudson is our starting center.
we need a quality backup.

when that first point ceases to be true, then the second one becomes a serious problem/

but until then,...its the off season...for players, fans...and sports reporters...everyone is looking for something to talk about and some are creating it....

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The funny arse part is if you forget about Hudson, we do not even have a legit backup to center if you do not count Harlow. How can Michael Bidwill look at this and say, "it's cool". The fact that Keim is a OL guy and cannot take care of this (be it he's gun shy with past high picks on the line or just can't identify talent with his scouting staff), is baffling to say the least

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Being discussed on 98.7 now - Wolf freaking out, "it's not good", if Hudson is out, you have to re-evaluate everything. Doesn't need to be a top 10 line, but they need to be good enough to allow talent to do their job.

You can continue to thrust your head in the sand, but acting like nothing is happening here is almost comical.
I can survive Hop being out for 6 weeks. But if Hudson is truly done this season is down the drain.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
False. People are repeating that he MIGHT retire and that we've not adequately prepared for the possibility, and, if he does play, maybe his heart won't be in it.

Literally had several posts saying how crap the FO for not signing a replacement yet and how the FO were dumb for not drafting a C because they knew about it before the draft, but sure, I'm sure they really meant IF.

Stout

Reaction score
Literally had several posts saying how crap the FO for not signing a replacement yet and how the FO were dumb for not drafting a C because they knew about it before the draft, but sure, I'm sure they really meant IF.
You have to prepare for contingencies, and if you know about it before the draft, yeah, you have to make moves to be prepared. If the guy can't give you an answer, prepare for the worst.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Journalistic integrity is 'break news' when you have it before someone else scoops you.

Your last sentence indicates that they simply don't know - ergo: nothing to report.

You can be certain that the national reporters, whose bread isn't buttered by the Cards, would have no problem going public with this if it could be reasonably confirmed.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Believe so?

This ranks right up there with "I feel' or "I think" as an actual confirmation.

Stout

Reaction score
Believe so?

This ranks right up there with "I feel' or "I think" as an actual confirmation.
So your solution is to...what? How should people discuss this issue? What is the @QuebecCard mandated guide to posting on an internet forum? It's funny how the board police try to tell posters how they should post.

So, here you go. I believe the FO is not handling this situation well. Go ahead and tell me I'm not allowed to believe that, or my opinion doesn't matter about it lol

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Journalistic integrity is 'break news' when you have it before someone else scoops you.

Your last sentence indicates that they simply don't know - ergo: nothing to report.

You can be certain that the national reporters, whose bread isn't buttered by the Cards, would have no problem going public with this if it could be reasonably confirmed.
Most national guys aren't going to report a guy is retired until he says he is going to retire. Scheft reported on Brady...which Brady denied...and then retired...and then un-retired. It isn't like a trade or a FA signing where being first matters as much. A lot of being a national guy is having sources trust you...and they aren't going to trust you if you are putting out BS. Hudson isn't moving the needle that it is worth getting wrong.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
98.7 morning show did the deep dive on this -- no real news but one interested observation i tend to agree with:

if Hudson was simply contemplating retirement, the org would have likely excused his absence from mini-camp.

if its contract-- he just signed a deal last year. He is the 7th highest paid center per ACV, with 2022 cash payment higher than the average. That seems odd.

did the team ask him to take a paycut?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
98.7 morning show did the deep dive on this -- no real news but one interested observation i tend to agree with:

if Hudson was simply contemplating retirement, the org would have likely excused his absence from mini-camp.

if its contract-- he just signed a deal last year. He is the 7th highest paid center per ACV, with 2022 cash payment higher than the average. That seems odd.

did the team ask him to take a paycut?

I think this came up earlier in the thread that it sounded like the team might have asked him to take a paycut and now he's sore about it.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
A bigger macro point. For the "you don't know crowd", if speculation was not part of our conversations, this would be a pretty boring board as the news would be very limited. It is not far off from questioning a poster's fandom.

If the convo was about Kyler retiring if he didn't get an extension, you would have solid ground to ridicule whomever was posting that. But the possible Hudson retirement and our lack of options if he does is far from ridiculous when you consider all of his reported absences and a few marketing images.