Suns Off-season Thread

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Of course we could. Mikal cannot be traded.

If Durant wants to play with us we have some leverage and no way in the world should we give up both DA and Mikal. DA and Cam J should be more than good enough. Who is going to beat that offer where KD actually is willing to go?

Durant is under contract for 4 more years without a no trade clause. He doesn't have a ton of leverage to demand where he plays; however, he is a premier player that can scare off other teams with public statements.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Durant is under contract for 4 more years without a no trade clause. He doesn't have a ton of leverage to demand where he plays; however, he is a premier player that can scare off other teams with public statements.

If Durant wants out, he has a ton of leverage. This is a player's league.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Shaq
Emmitt Smith
Kurt Warner
Chris Paul
Madison Baumgarner

Kevin Durant??

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we acquire Durant he will be 34 by the time the season starts. For some perspective, the Suns acquired Barkley at age 29 and by age 34 he was on his second season in Houston in which he averaged 15 points.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What ring chasers would we attract with KD/Book/Paul? Have a lot of roster spots to fill out.
I hope some because despite how good KD is? We would be giving up a ton IMO. It's still a risk. A much bigger risk then when we brought in Barkely. Barkely was considered a masterful stroke by most around the NBA with little downside.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
If we acquire Durant he will be 34 by the time the season starts. For some perspective, the Suns acquired Barkley at age 29 and by age 34 he was on his second season in Houston in which he averaged 15 points.
The difference in body composition between the two is massive (no pun intended). Durant can play at a high level for at least another few years.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The difference in body composition between the two is massive (no pun intended). Durant can play at a high level for at least another few years.
Yeah, He probably has 2 really good years left in him, and he should still be a useful starter through 38.

Suns would be setting themselves up to really suck after that though with no young players to build around, and James Jones having no interest in acquiring any.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Yeah, He probably has 2 really good years left in him, and he should still be a useful starter through 38.

Suns would be setting themselves up to really suck after that though with no young players to build around, and James Jones having no interest in acquiring any.
At that point, you bank on winning/Book to sell the next team. It's definitely a risk pivoting away from Ayton, but KD would be hard to turn down.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If Durant wants out, he has a ton of leverage. This is a player's league.
He’s on his final contract. He doesn’t really have much leverage other than scare tactics. Even a bad team could trade for him and say “we own your rights for YEARS. You don’t play for us you don’t get paid.”

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s on his final contract. He doesn’t really have much leverage other than scare tactics. Even a bad team could trade for him and say “we own your rights for YEARS. You don’t play for us you don’t get paid.”

I don't think you do that to a legendary star. Kevin Durant has earned his accolades.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Radio guys are saying they want McGee back but there is one team that is seriously considering making a run at McGee and could offer him more than the Suns can using the MLE. They are being told if the Suns trade Ayton, they don't necessarily feel like they need a center in return. If Ayton is traded and we lose McGee? Yikes.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Radio guys are saying they want McGee back but there is one team that is seriously considering making a run at McGee and could offer him more than the Suns can using the MLE. They are being told if the Suns trade Ayton, they don't necessarily feel like they need a center in return. If Ayton is traded and we lose McGee? Yikes.

Whatever center is on the court with CP3, Book, and KD will be feasting!

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I really like Mikal as a person and he's a good NBA player, but let's also not forget how he's played in the playoffs the last two years. Ineffective on offense and continually cooked by Luka, Brandon Ingram, Middleton, PG13. It's freaking Kevin Durant we are talking about here. Sorry but it's a business.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really like Mikal as a person and he's a good NBA player, but let's also not forget how he's played in the playoffs the last two years. Ineffective on offense and continually cooked by Luka, Brandon Ingram, Middleton, PG13. It's freaking Kevin Durant we are talking about here. Sorry but it's a business.

With CP3, Book, and Durant, we would need a dog of a wing. Mikal could be freed up just to concentrate on shutting down the other team's primary weapon as we would need very little offensive output from him.

We'd also need some tenacious rebounding bigs and floor spacers. I could see Frank and Saric as floor spacing and facilitating bigs while Biyombo and McGee would be the enforcers.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't think you do that to a legendary star. Kevin Durant has earned his accolades.
He hasn’t earned squat with the nets. You don’t give him preferential teammate for what he’s done for other teams. That’s silly.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With CP3, Book, and Durant, we would need a dog of a wing. Mikal could be freed up just to concentrate on shutting down the other team's primary weapon as we would need very little offensive output from him.

We'd also need some tenacious rebounding bigs and floor spacers. I could see Frank as floor spacing and facilitating bigs while Biyombo and McGee would be the enforcers.

Suns should take a chance on Thomas Bryant. He suffered an ACL injury in 2020 but he is a very good player when healthy. Also he is only 24. Bryant should be affordable.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns should take a chance on Thomas Bryant. He suffered an ACL injury in 2020 but he is a very good player when healthy. Also he is only 24. Bryant should be affordable.

He's one of those players who always had a career game against us.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Who the hell is going to rebound?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Welcome to the Valley Patrick Mutombo.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who the hell is going to rebound?
Yeah that is an enormous problem. The rest of our players are really bad rebounders. I don't think McGee is really the answer either. He is simply not capable of playing more than 20-25 minutes a night IMO.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah that is an enormous problem. The rest of our players are really bad rebounders. I don't think McGee is really the answer either. He is simply not capable of playing more than 20-25 minutes a night IMO.

If we had McGee and Biz next year I think we'd be ok at Center. Whoever is playing better plays more and the other plays 20 minutes.

We'd need a 3rd big for added depth, foul trouble, injuries.

I say Frank would be perfect as that 3rd Center.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we had McGee and Biz next year I think we'd be ok at Center. Whoever is playing better plays more and the other plays 20 minutes.

We'd need a 3rd big for added depth, foul trouble, injuries.

I say Frank would be perfect as that 3rd Center.

McGee and Biz are flat out not starting caliber at all and both get ate up on switches.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard