Suns Off-season Thread

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Not necessarily. I mean there are only a handful of teams that could easily trade assets or have the cap space to pull off a trade. Plus, I think they are looking at what the Suns would want back. Only a handful of teams fit that bill. The Nets are at the top of that list in addition to Detroit. If KD heard the same report that everyone else did maybe KD's team is finally talking to the FO? That could be.

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The likelihood of Durant becoming available is picking up steam. I know Brooklyn will want Mikal, but I would do everything possible to keep him out much like the Suns were able to keep KJ and Majerle out of the Barkley trade. CP3, Booker, Bridges, Durant, McGee/Biyombo. We certainly can't give up both Bridges and Cam J. All of this assumes Ayton would agree to go to Brooklyn.
Mikal would have to be in any KD deal to match salaries let alone being our best trade asset after Book.

We’ve had two shots at it and weren’t good enough. Time for a change.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yep. Assuming Durant actually talks to the FO office. LOL. I know some people would Glady give up Bridges, Cam J and Ayton for KD. It's too much for me but then again, if I could move forward and time and see we win a title? OK. HA! Including Bridges as well though seems like too much.
Just imagine we do that, win a title, and then Paul and KD are done in two or three years. That leaves . . . Booker. At that point do we trade book for a ton of picks and just rebuild again?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Just imagine we do that, win a title, and then Paul and KD are done in two or three years. That leaves . . . Booker. At that point do we trade book for a ton of picks and just rebuild again?
That's a problem for another day. If we manage to get KD, it'll be the most highly anticipated Suns season probably ever.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't really think that far ahead, but you might be on to something?! By all accounts they are saying a package for KD would be huge. If Paul, KD are done and many of your assets are no longer here. Wouldn't have to trade Book to rebuild? Book wouldn't stick around I would imagine for another rebuild, and he would be your most valuable asset.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That's a problem for another day. If we manage to get KD, it'll be the most highly anticipated Suns season probably ever.
Agreed. It’s just the first I realized we would be giving up ALL of our future. I never anticipated it would take ALL of them.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Agreed. It’s just the first I realized we would be giving up ALL of our future. I never anticipated it would take ALL of them.
I think Ayton/Cam J/Bridges is too much. I'd hold at Ayton/Cam J/first rounder...who is going to put together a better package, and be a destination KD approves?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What ring chasers would we attract with KD/Book/Paul? Have a lot of roster spots to fill out.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m not giving up the farm for a guy who’s 33 had two serious leg injuries and is at the start of a 4 year 200 million dollar contract.

You want Ayton or Bridges + filler you can’t have both. Preferably Bridges you pretty much run back your starting 5 but with KD.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m not giving up the farm for a guy who’s 33 had two serious leg injuries and is at the start of a 4 year 200 million dollar contract.

You want Ayton or Bridges + filler you can’t have both. Preferably Bridges you pretty much run back your starting 5 but with KD.

He'll be 34 to start the season.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why? We couldn't do Ayton/Cam J/salaries?
Of course we could. Mikal cannot be traded.

If Durant wants to play with us we have some leverage and no way in the world should we give up both DA and Mikal. DA and Cam J should be more than good enough. Who is going to beat that offer where KD actually is willing to go?

We can throw in their choice of Dario, Shamet or Crowder to.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course we could. Mikal cannot be traded.

If Durant wants to play with us we have some leverage and no way in the world should we give up both DA and Mikal. DA and Cam J should be more than good enough. Who is going to beat that offer where KD actually is willing to go?

Especially when draft picks are added.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard