Deandre Hopkins Suspended Six Games

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still cannot fully latch on to dumping on Hopkins because if I were to screw up my knee, well I will probably be getting some kind of steroid shot. I do not see Hopkins getting that 'PED' to outperform his opponent, but to simply be able to walk and rehab. Just seems to me totally ironic that in the most physical sport on the planet players cannot get what the average citizen can get
Well said!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still cannot fully latch on to dumping on Hopkins because if I were to screw up my knee, well I will probably be getting some kind of steroid shot. I do not see Hopkins getting that 'PED' to outperform his opponent, but to simply be able to walk and rehab. Just seems to me totally ironic that in the most physical sport on the planet players cannot get what the average citizen can get
Agree 100%

but, he said "I never took anything, I will find what happened, blah blah".. If he said, yeah, I got a rehab shot because I couldnt play, it would be a different story.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Agree 100%

but, he said "I never took anything, I will find what happened, blah blah".. If he said, yeah, I got a rehab shot because I couldnt play, it would be a different story.
I agree partly with what you say too. I think the problem with being a fan is that we really do not know what the substance was at the moment

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I think it's kind of silly to have pseudoephedrine on the banned list.
back in the day -- certain players would take lots of sudafed for the speed like effects

Dexter Manley was one. I think Bill Romanowski was another

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
back in the day -- certain players would take lots of sudafed for the speed like effects

Not a whole lot different than MLB players taking "greenies". Those were similar and were available by the handful in clubhouses. Dexter Manley was into more than just sudafed, though...he had a coca-cola problem, too, iirc.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Romanowski was just a do anything to get ahead kind of guy. Told the story before when he was on the 49ers he used to go to local bars and beat people up for fun, bouncers even. He knew because he was a 49er he could get away with it.

When he was with the Eagles he got ejected for kicking Larry Centers in the head. With the Raiders he started a fight with a backup TE then ripped the guys helmet off and punched him in the face crushing his eye socket, it ended the guys career. He sued Romanowski citing Romo having had "roid rage" and won several hundred thousand dollars in damages from him plus an undisclosed amount from the raiders, who were aware of his steroid use per the lawsuits.

Really bad guy.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Romanowski was just a do anything to get ahead kind of guy. Told the story before when he was on the 49ers he used to go to local bars and beat people up for fun, bouncers even. He knew because he was a 49er he could get away with it.

When he was with the Eagles he got ejected for kicking Larry Centers in the head. With the Raiders he started a fight with a backup TE then ripped the guys helmet off and punched him in the face crushing his eye socket, it ended the guys career. He sued Romanowski citing Romo having had "roid rage" and won several hundred thousand dollars in damages from him plus an undisclosed amount from the raiders, who were aware of his steroid use per the lawsuits.

Really bad guy.
Here you go.

Attachments

• Bill-Romanowski.jpg
    Bill-Romanowski.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 3

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

So Hopkins got popped for having .1% Ostarine in his system. He says is still investigating how that could have happened. Ostarine is a SARM, basically a newer type of steroid. SARMS are weak PEDS with potentially unknown side effects that are hard to mask from anti doping tests. It makes very little sense for pro athletes to use SARMS intentionally, but they get popped for them quite often.

From what I've seen in steroid documentaries, athletes who get popped for trace amounts of SARMS are probably regular steroid abusers. Normal steroids and SARMS are often produced in the same location. What can happen is trace amounts of SARMS get accidentally mixed with the actual steroids while they are in powder form during production. Could be from something as simple as not properly wiping down a table. This results in an athlete who regularly uses steroids, who knows how to fool anti doping tests, testing positive for a substance that they had no idea was in their body. Different PEDS stay in the body for different lengths. Some can be out of system in a few day, some will present for months. Impossible to hide something you don't know you're taking.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really hoping nuk can get six suspension to less gms like 3 4 is respectable

Also cards desperately need nuk out on field next to Moore and Hollywood:)

Fingers crossed goooo nuk and cards

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Really hoping nuk can get six suspension to less gms like 3 4 is respectable

Also cards desperately need nuk out on field next to Moore and Hollywood:)

Fingers crossed goooo nuk and cards
He didn't appeal the suspension - has he changed his stance on that?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't another player who tested positive for the same substance get a lesser suspension?

This might be grounds for some type of appeal, at least in regard to the number of games.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Didn't another player who tested positive for the same substance get a lesser suspension?

This might be grounds for some type of appeal, at least in regard to the number of games.
But he dropped his appeal, and I'm not sure what the process is to try to appeal once you have already dropped the appeal. It seems like he is just publicly saying he hopes it is reduced, not yet taking any steps to actually make that happen. Time will tell.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But he dropped his appeal, and I'm not sure what the process is to try to appeal once you have already dropped the appeal. It seems like he is just publicly saying he hopes it is reduced, not yet taking any steps to actually make that happen. Time will tell.

There is probably a better word than "appeal." Based on what I know, there is cause for the suspension to be reduced no matter what the process is called.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose