Suns Off-season Thread

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
James Jones is gonna be considered skinny Steve Keim in short order. Keim covered some bad moves with a lopsided Carson Palmer trade. Jones is gonna cover up Ayton, Stix, Shamet and others with the Chris Paul deal. Once the deal with the Devil expires, Jones won’t be looking so good
He's already there in my book.

I feel he has made more bad then good moves in his tenure.

And he deserves zero credit for Chris Paul, Chris chose the Suns.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Considering where James Jones has taken this team in his short tenure, I don't think it's fair. Considering our playoff drought, a run to the finals and even though disappointing our regular season performance? Jones easily is the best GM this team has had in a long-time bar none.

He is allowed to make mistakes. Let's see how this all plays out but let's not forget the totality of what he has done so far.
Being the best GM for the Suns in a long time is a really low bar to get over.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Jones is gonna be considered skinny Steve Keim in short order. Keim covered some bad moves with a lopsided Carson Palmer trade. Jones is gonna cover up Ayton, Stix, Shamet and others with the Chris Paul deal. Once the deal with the Devil expires, Jones won’t be looking so good

If James Jones blunders the situation with Ayton, nothing is going to cover it up.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Being the best GM for the Suns in a long time is a really low bar to get over.
That's doesn't factor in for me. Results do. There are a ton of GM's in the NBA that have not done as well in their first years as James Jones. How many new GM's in their first years have reformed the roster, helped get a team to the finals and regular season record in short order?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to SI Suns evidently shopping Jae Crowder. Sounds like Ayton might not be the only one not back next year. This would completely transform the FC the Suns have had the past two seasons without both.

"Phoenix has called rivals to measure Jae Crowder’s value on the trade market, sources said, while the Suns have been linked once again to Eric Gordon. Phoenix held discussions with Houston to acquire Gordon, a former teammate of Chris Paul with the Rockets, back at February’s trade deadline. Phoenix is also said to be searching for a second-round selection."- Jake Fischer

So they want to trade Crowder for essentially a 2nd round pick? What?!?! How does that make any sense? So potentially no Ayton or Crowder and get a second round pick?!? This makes no sense unless they know they are getting a return on Ayton to help fill FC needs. They are suggesting Cam Johnson play the full time PF role. He isn't a true PF IMO and isn't not as strong or tough as Jae. So, you would end up weakening the entire FC should be lose Ayton and Crowder.

My gosh. I think @cheesebeef said this a week or so ago. This offseason might be a total cluster. James Jones I really hope you have a solid plan and working some magic again.

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
According to SI Suns evidently shopping Jae Crowder. Sounds like Ayton might not be the only one not back next year. This would completely transform the FC the Suns have had the past two seasons without both.

"Phoenix has called rivals to measure Jae Crowder’s value on the trade market, sources said, while the Suns have been linked once again to Eric Gordon. Phoenix held discussions with Houston to acquire Gordon, a former teammate of Chris Paul with the Rockets, back at February’s trade deadline. Phoenix is also said to be searching for a second-round selection."- Jake Fischer

So they want to trade Crowder for essentially a 2nd round pick? What?!?! How does that make any sense? So potentially no Ayton or Crowder and get a second round pick?!? This makes no sense unless they know they are getting a return on Ayton to help fill FC needs. Who the hell is going to play in the FC?!?!?!!?

My gosh. I think @cheesebeef said this a week or so ago. This offseason might be a total cluster.

Im not a huge Crowder guy, but it seems like bad business to willingly get rid of two starters from a championship contender in one offseason

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im not a huge Crowder guy, but it seems like bad business to willingly get rid of two starters from a championship contender in one offseason
Two very important starters for the last 2 year runs at that both playing in the FC!?!?!?! I am truly worried right now about the Suns right now if they think removing these two guys, promoting Cam Johnson to starting PF and whatever we get in a trades with Ayton and Crowder (barring a blockbuster) is going to make this team better.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gonna be a very interesting night.

Not really. I don't expect much because a sign and trade can't be done until free agency opens. Everything now is just guessing for the most. We could move Crowder, Saric, Craig, or someone else under contract but I don't expect any moves that involve a rotation player until the Ayton drama is sorted.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Anyone post yet that Kendall Jenner and Booker have called it off? Does that qualify as news? ‍

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone post yet that Kendall Jenner and Booker have called it off? Does that qualify as news? ‍
Yeah it was brought up during the playoffs and immediately debunked. And then a few days ago it came out "officially". So I guess, yeah, they are taking a break.

So, now I'm wondering which will come first? Will it be a rumor that Devin broke it off because he wanted to focus on his game or will it be an inside source telling us that Kendall broke it off because she doesn't date losers?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yeah it was brought up during the playoffs and immediately debunked. And then a few days ago it came out "officially". So I guess, yeah, they are taking a break.

So, now I'm wondering which will come first? Will it be a rumor that Devin broke it off because he wanted to focus on his game or will it be an inside source telling us that Kylie broke it off because she doesn't date losers?

I’m telling you, Kendall wanted a kid and Book didn’t. I’m sticking with that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang… KD to Phoenix is ALL OVER Suns Twitter right now. Talk about overconfidence. We’re going to have some ticked off people on 8 days.
I ain’t falling for the banana in the tailpipe.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
It is possible, just one of the Suns beat writers said we have to jettison all our other guys and sign vet minimums to make it work, plus pay a LOT of Luxury Tax. But I read it is possible, even if it's not probable.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m telling you, Kendall wanted a kid and Book didn’t. I’m sticking with that.
Then Booker is stupid. Knock her up. Knock her up. :lol:

Dang… KD to Phoenix is ALL OVER Suns Twitter right now. Talk about overconfidence. We’re going to have some ticked off people on 8 days.
I figured a long time ago to expect very little and that way I am surprised if something happens. Every single time I got my hopes up about a huge FA?

Major disappointment.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose