The Ayton Plan

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's my point. Even if you find someone in the draft, they are likely not going to be ready to be a regular contributor. So, what does that say about this current run if you can't find someone via trade or FA either?

The Suns would have to be in love with someone in the draft. It's hard to trade for a shot creator.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns would have to be in love with someone in the draft. It's hard to trade for a shot creator.
Exactly. So, if you are the Suns, you know this as well. So, what does that say about the Suns thoughts on the current run? That's where I am going. You can't go into the season a worst 3-point shooting team than last year and think you are going somewhere. There has to be a bigger plan.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wouldn't take this as anything more than posturing. Suns are looking to keep Ayton? Oh, the price just went up. This is how the Suns get conversations started. Dangle things out there whether or not they are serious. Anything to get someone to pick up the phone.

Doesn’t work that way. We can only take back 19 million in an Ayton sign and trade.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score

Suns dangling Cam Johnson for a lottery pick screams saving money
Suns always seem to want to go in the wrong direction. Most teams try to keep their best & promising players on the
roster while getting rid of the unproductive players whereas the Suns like to do just the opposite. Who us running this show?

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
Booker, Bridges and Ayton is the Suns core. They need to build around that. Chris Paul may not be around after next season.
I don't think CP3 will be here for a 4th year. It's but it's high time the Suns reverse positions and take Indiana Pacers and get the best end of a trade. Let's somehow steal Buddy Hield or Malcolm Brogdon or both. May be it's too much payroll though.

It was mention that the Suns players shouldn't expect sunshine & lollipops all the time which is so true. They need to learn how to fight through the adversity so they can become champs. Put those egos aside as they are fortunate to make that kind money and have that lifestyle. But with Sarver in charge it may just be a constent push & pull.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think CP3 will be here for a 4th year. It's but it's high time the Suns reverse positions and take Indiana Pacers and get the best end of a trade. Let's somehow steal Buddy Hield or Malcolm Brogdon or both. May be it's too much payroll though.

I'd settle for Haliburton and whatever makes the deal work.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Suns always seem to want to go in the wrong direction. Most teams try to keep their best & promising players on the
roster while getting rid of the unproductive players whereas the Suns like to do just the opposite. Who us running this show?
I think you could probably include the other Arizona teams in this statement.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth. The Pistons and Hawks are the most connected teams to pursuing Ayton.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For what it's worth. The Pistons and Hawks are the most connected teams to pursuing Ayton.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

There are a lot of rumors involving Atlanta with Sacramento. I was wondering if there could be a possible 3 way with the Suns involved.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of rumors involving Atlanta with Sacramento. I was wondering if there could be a possible 3 way with the Suns involved.

That would be nice. The Kings have some players I like in Holmes and Mitchell.

It would be awesome somehow to snag the 4th pick.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m down for any trade in which we end up with Ivey.

Ivey and something else could be a nice return for Ayton. I'm not sure what the "something else" would be.

Onyeka Okongwu seems like a cheap replacement at center.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ivey and something else could be a nice return for Ayton. I'm not sure what the "something else" would be.

Onyeka Okongwu seems like a cheap replacement at center.

Everything I've read is that the Hawks are really high on Okungwu which is one reason they are shopping Collins so hard. Trae, Hunter, and Okungwu are who the key pieces they want to keep.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everything I've read is that the Hawks are really high on Okungwu which is one reason they are shopping Collins so hard. Trae, Hunter, and Okungwu are who the key pieces they want to keep.

Have to give up something to get something. He would be a nice young player.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson