OTAs, May 23-25, Jun 1-3, Jun 6-9, 2022.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Yikes. This is real bust-level talk. It's sooooo easy for ILBs to make a big impact in their rookie years.
We obviously missed when factoring in the adjustment from Tulsa's 3-3 to a Vance NFL defense. I think the same argument can be made about Simmons. Keim thought he could give Vance a top-athlete and Vance would coach them up which obviously has never happened.

I know Dvontel disagrees, but it seemed like the natural spots for Simmons was at S and Collins at EDGE in the base defense. Neither player has the natural instincts to play inside as a full time player. Yes, Simmons would have needed to play LB in sub packages but that is where you can get creative. Same with Collins. He was never going to be a pass rushing force on the EDGE, but he has enough size and length to be able to set the edge, drop into coverage when needed, and effort some sacks.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yikes. This is real bust-level talk. It's sooooo easy for ILBs to make a big impact in their rookie years.
I have a feeling he is not anywhere ready to be a real pro, im not optimistic about him, hope to be wrong

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
We obviously missed when factoring in the adjustment from Tulsa's 3-3 to a Vance NFL defense. I think the same argument can be made about Simmons. Keim thought he could give Vance a top-athlete and Vance would coach them up which obviously has never happened.

I know Dvontel disagrees, but it seemed like the natural spots for Simmons was at S and Collins at EDGE in the base defense. Neither player has the natural instincts to play inside as a full time player. Yes, Simmons would have needed to play LB in sub packages but that is where you can get creative. Same with Collins. He was never going to be a pass rushing force on the EDGE, but he has enough size and length to be able to set the edge, drop into coverage when needed, and effort some sacks.
I think Vance is gone after this season because he's continually clowned Keim's personnel moves and you can't do that and get retained. Vance Joseph's defenses have overperformed their personnel the past three seasons IMO and will likely do so again next year. But it won't matter because Keim'll be Big Mad that Simmons and Collins are playing less than he'd like (IMO).

Won't be surprised to see Vigil playing 40% or more snaps by week six.

I have no idea what the disconnect here is between the scouting staff and the coaching staff on the defensive side of the ball. I feel like it's Keim because it's mostly the high-round picks; the lower-round picks seem to have no problem integrating into the defense quickly.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Your analysis is spot on, but God I don't think I can take another 1st round ILB pick year.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think Vance is gone after this season because he's continually clowned Keim's personnel moves and you can't do that and get retained. Vance Joseph's defenses have overperformed their personnel the past three seasons IMO and will likely do so again next year. But it won't matter because Keim'll be Big Mad that Simmons and Collins are playing less than he'd like (IMO).

Won't be surprised to see Vigil playing 40% or more snaps by week six.

I have no idea what the disconnect here is between the scouting staff and the coaching staff on the defensive side of the ball. I feel like it's Keim because it's mostly the high-round picks; the lower-round picks seem to have no problem integrating into the defense quickly.
I won't be surprised if Vigil starts by week 6.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Zaven Collins is going to have a great season.
I hope so. We haven't seen anything from him yet, and now we're hearing troublesome words from his very own mouth.

Who is going to call the defensive plays? Inquiring minds want to know.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope so. We haven't seen anything from him yet, and now we're hearing troublesome words from his very own mouth.

Who is going to call the defensive plays? Inquiring minds want to know.
I wouldn't so far to say that it is troublesome. I'd say that it is a bit worrying, and quite refreshing. How often do you see young players taking responsibility for their bad practices?

It's what we want from Kyler right? Find the things that you can work on, and work hard to do so.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I wouldn't so far to say that it is troublesome. I'd say that it is a bit worrying, and quite refreshing. How often do you see young players taking responsibility for their bad practices?

It's what we want from Kyler right? Find the things that you can work on, and work hard to do so.
Yes, but if he can't get the mental aspect of the game right this year, while clearly knowing he needs to...bust city.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Huh, go figure. Bad practices and mental errors. So exactly what I said all season as to why he was sitting behind hicks and why he wasn’t a good player last season. Here’s hoping he’s improved the mental side of the game this year!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave