OTAs, May 23-25, Jun 1-3, Jun 6-9, 2022.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
See BritCard's comment above... sigh

Again, it was a joke. Everyone is talking about Kyler's leadership and film study, and conveniently on his first day back at OTA's in year 4 he's filmed leading film study.

It was obviously staged. As staged as the Senator at the womens shelter. That's not to say he doesn't do this all the time, but I was commenting on the obviousness of it.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Not really we all know he watches film and in a team setting they are required to. It’s already mentioned that he watches film.

But he doesn’t take the extra time that the greats do to delve deep into and study it. It’s really not hard to differentiate the two.

I’m sure his 7 on 7 film study will help him a ton in games. Anyone ever watched 7 on 7? It’s kind of a joke. This tweet is pretty comical.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We asked him to show up at minicamps and start to be a leader. He at least showed up to minicamp and is being seen as engaging as a leader. Right at this moment, you can't ask for more.
now that I agree with. Just wish it was a week earlier but better late then never.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again, it was a joke. Everyone is talking about Kyler's leadership and film study, and conveniently on his first day back at OTA's in year 4 he's filmed leading film study.

It was obviously staged. As staged as the Senator at the womens shelter. That's not to say he doesn't do this all the time, but I was commenting on the obviousness of it.
So is it a joke, or is it staged. It can't be both.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So is it a joke, or is it staged. It can't be both.
I would say it’s just status quo. Nobody ever claimed that he never watches film he just self admittedly doesn’t study it. Teams clearly go over film including him. But going over it and studying it like the greats are known To do putting in the extra work. Two totally different hemispheres.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I very deliberately chose alzheimers. Testicals wouldn't work, because the stupid padded helmet on a helmet is there to protect the brain, so it had to be a brain related illness.

The joke isn't about alzheimers, which is an awful illness. That's why I chose it as a juxtiposition to the tea cosy, to demonstrate how awful they are.
It's probably the number of times that you've had to explain the "joke" that is the real testament to how good of a joke it truly is.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Classic.

Kyler, while behaving in a way similar to many other stars in the league; "Why wont he just be a leader????"

Kyler, when doing just that; "He's a faker!!!"

No wonder these players dont give an eff about the fans.
The old phase holds true: “you only have one chance to make a first impression”. I agree that it appears staged to an extent. If he would have done this from the beginning, it wouldn’t be a big deal. Same with OTA’s. If he would have shown up on day one like JJ Watt and other vets did, there wouldn’t be anything to talk about.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The old phase holds true: “you only have one chance to make a first impression”. I agree that it appears staged to an extent. If he would have done this from the beginning, it wouldn’t be a big deal. Same with OTA’s. If he would have shown up on day one like JJ Watt and other vets did, there wouldn’t be anything to talk about.
Agreed, except I think there would be a lot to talk about, all positive.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would rather have early onset alzheimers than wear one of these ridiculous tea cossie helmet covers.

Are they mandatory? If not anyone I see wearing one is getting downgraded.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I suppose it helps a little. But, hit the head hard enough and it won't matter. There is no way to stop the brain moving in the skull and striking bone. You can put all the padding you want on the outside, but you can never pad where the injury actually happens.