OTAs, May 23-25, Jun 1-3, Jun 6-9, 2022.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When was the last time an owner had CTE & offed himself? These players literally put their lives on the line for the billionaire owners to get richer. How much is that worth to you?
Ehhh they know the risks now and have for a decade+ they decide to put themselves at risk for the milllons they make and the lifestyle they live. Am I supposed to feel sorry for them? Nahhh it’s a choice…. The ones I feel sorry for are the ones that didn’t know. Now they do. Yet they still freely partake.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just found an interesting take from vikingsterritory.com:

If you combine QB Rating, QBR, and PFF grade rankings, Kyler Murray was the 8th best QB in the NFL last year. That's good enough objectively.
Stats are great… and then there is the eyeball test that he failed miserably in the last half of the season where he melted like a snickers on the Phoenix pavement in August.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Stats are great… and then there is the eyeball test that he failed miserably in the last half of the season where he melted like a snickers on the Phoenix pavement in August.
Yeah because a multitude of reasons that in his control or out of his control.

Kyler Murray still needs to improve, but it would be ridiculously stupid to NOT sign him now.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah because a multitude of reasons that in his control or out of his control.

Kyler Murray still needs to improve, but it would be ridiculously stupid to NOT sign him now.
Hopefully you’re right. Hopefully we dont end up signing him and he continues to melt and wither under pressure instead of rising to it. Trust me I hope you are right.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
And because KM also bears a lot of blame for the slide.
He does, I agree.

Where I stand with Kyler Murray is that still isn't ready to be that player that elevates those around him. He's a great individual talent, and when the players around him are playing well, or at least playing passable at their individual positions, Kyler Murray is a force to be reckoned with.

What I think is shortsighted...is that the Cardinals have finally found a guy in his early 20's who can be reasonably described this way and the actions that some of you (you included) are advocating, will alienate the kid and ruin the relationship.

It's going to be real awesome when the Cardinals move on from Kyler Murray and get zero compensation.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Or a pick six.

Wake me up after Thanksgiving when the games matter and we will see if anything has changed.

Until then...#MemeQB
Guess that applies to you for Kliff as well?

You must be registered for see images attach

A good November/December would be a first for him...ever. So Im hoping we're waking you up!

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I appreciate what Wesley did last season, but him getting more snaps is alarming, tbh.
Slow, no separation, not physical and averaged 8 YPC to end the season. Could have taken a chance on Miles Boykin and others at least to compete with him. Since they knew Hopkins would be out 6 games.

I'll be hoping for the miracle 0.008 chance that the light comes on for Andy. At least he has speed.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
These days most established starters don't do voluntary ota's

It's an opportunity for fringe players and rooks to showcase what they have improved in the off season.
I understand but also do appreciate seeing JJ Watt and Zach Ertz, both established starters show up and work in the OTA.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
He does, I agree.

Where I stand with Kyler Murray is that still isn't ready to be that player that elevates those around him. He's a great individual talent, and when the players around him are playing well, or at least playing passable at their individual positions, Kyler Murray is a force to be reckoned with.

What I think is shortsighted...is that the Cardinals have finally found a guy in his early 20's who can be reasonably described this way and the actions that some of you (you included) are advocating, will alienate the kid and ruin the relationship.

It's going to be real awesome when the Cardinals move on from Kyler Murray and get zero compensation.
I understand where you're coming from. We're never going to get zero compensation for him, so that isn't a concern. What is my concern--what is the main concern, IMO, even above injury concerns--is maturity. Generally speaking, a player doesn't get year after year after year hoping the light bulb comes on. They also generally don't get north of forty mill before the light bulb comes on. We're still waiting for that to happen with KM. He's a great individual talent, as you say, but until he decides to dedicate himself to the craft, to put in the graft in the film room and not just the gym, he's going to be a Kirk Cousins. Great numbers without any real success. He won't be able to elevate those around him.

He CAN do it; the question is IF he will do it. He wants the money without changing his approach. That sticks in my craw when he's under team control for two more years. Instead of putting his head down and earning it, he wants paid on spec. That's a huge bet to make on a kid who might never "get it."

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand where you're coming from. We're never going to get zero compensation for him, so that isn't a concern. What is my concern--what is the main concern, IMO, even above injury concerns--is maturity. Generally speaking, a player doesn't get year after year after year hoping the light bulb comes on. They also generally don't get north of forty mill before the light bulb comes on. We're still waiting for that to happen with KM. He's a great individual talent, as you say, but until he decides to dedicate himself to the craft, to put in the graft in the film room and not just the gym, he's going to be a Kirk Cousins. Great numbers without any real success. He won't be able to elevate those around him.

He CAN do it; the question is IF he will do it. He wants the money without changing his approach. That sticks in my craw when he's under team control for two more years. Instead of putting his head down and earning it, he wants paid on spec. That's a huge bet to make on a kid who might never "get it."
+1

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

man you're talking about the kid like he is Jake freaking Plummer, and not OROY and a two time Pro Bowler.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
man you're talking about the kid like he is Jake freaking Plummer, and not OROY and a two time Pro Bowler.
All that and a nickel gets you a QB that hasn’t won a game to clinch a playoff spot or a playoff game, with 5 cents refunded, to date. And Jake freaking Plummer won a game to clinch a playoff spot and won a playoff game. Not saying Jake is better than kyler - clearly is not more talented. But he’s shown more in the biggest games each has faced, that’s not debatable.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose