Dallas @ Suns Game 2 (R2) Wednesday 5-4-2022, 7PM

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Luka Oncic.

Damn you. I was trying to figure out some name to trash Luka a couple of pages back and my brain was too fried from work today to come up with anything even remotely clever.

That’s it tho. Good work.

Also, slight credit to Oncic in the post game presser. First question was someone begging for him to blame the officiating and he swatted that junk away.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NBA TV does nice wrap-up shows.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jae Crowder said the Suns wanted to make Luka work. Let's do it again Friday.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am so tired of people mentioning Luka and Jordan in the same sentence. First off Jordan played on both ends. Comparison over.

You want to know how bad Luka‘s defense has been?

Suns went at Luca 50 times and scored 1.72 points per possession.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am so tired of people mentioning Luka and Jordan in the same sentence. First off Jordan played on both ends. Comparison over.

You want to know how bad Luka‘s defense has been?

Suns went at Luca 50 times and scored 1.72 points per possession.
YIKES!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul and Devin Booker are double trouble.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On Reddit the general sentiment from Mavs fans is hoping for a gentleman's sweep rather than a straight sweep.

I almost want to find out when Nick Wright will be on TV next to see what he has to say.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris is wearing an OLD SCHOOL Suns hat… that thing takes me back to 1993 when the black version of that hat never left my head for two years.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i think Barkley was justified in writing down names of people who can stay at his house for the Western Conference Finals

but i wouldn't bet on us winning the next 2 in Dallas. i would never predict any NBA team sweeps another.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
That's the thing about Doncic. He's a top flight offensive player... but he is also rapidly approaching also being the most overrated player in the league. He can certainly shoot, handle, and pass the ball well above average for a guy his size, but there still isn't a lot of evidence that he really elevates his teammates in any way like Magic or Bird, or can singlehandedly dominate the way Jordan or Lebron could. And that's not even mentioning his inability to defend, which is something that is never going to get better.

Yes, he will likely be a stat stuffer for the remainder of his career. But calling him "White Harden" may end up being more and more apt. The NBA is ALL about hyping "stars"...and they won't have that singular Jordan/Lebron soon as James continues to wind down. So I am sure they will try to turn someone like Doncic into that. But with his athletic limitations and propensity toward becoming even less so as he gets older, I don't see him living up to the absurd hype over the long term.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jae Crowder says Devin Booker has a switch he can turn on.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
That's the thing about Doncic. He's a top flight offensive player... but he is also rapidly approaching also being the most overrated player in the league. He can certainly shoot, handle, and pass the ball well above average for a guy his size, but there still isn't a lot of evidence that he really elevates his teammates in any way like Magic or Bird, or can singlehandedly dominate the way Jordan or Lebron could. And that's not even mentioning his inability to defend, which is something that is never going to get better.

Yes, he will likely be a stat stuffer for the remainder of his career. But calling him "White Harden" may end up being more and more apt. The NBA is ALL about hyping "stars"...and they won't have that singular Jordan/Lebron soon as James continues to wind down. So I am sure they will try to turn someone like Doncic into that. But with his athletic limitations and propensity toward becoming even less so as he gets older, I don't see him living up to the absurd hype over the long term.
Dallas missed the playoffs 7 consecutive years before drafting him. They’ve been terribly run for a decade.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dallas missed the playoffs 7 consecutive years before drafting him. They’ve been terribly run for a decade.

Them breaking up their title winner so they could have cap space a full season later was one of the more inexcusable front office moves of all time.

Even if their odds of a repeat were incredibly slim... you can't do that.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Them breaking up their title winner so they could have cap space a full season later was one of the more inexcusable front office moves of all time.

Even if their odds of a repeat were incredibly slim... you can't do that.
IIRC they were holding out hope to sign Deron Williams who ended up being a disaster for the Nets.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bingo.

Magic had STACKED teams around him with a 4 time MVP next to him the second he stepped on the court.

Larry had a bunch of talent around him as well.

Luka’s second best player is… Jalen Brunson. The Mavs were atrocious for better part of a decade before him. They’ve made the playoffs the last 3 years, gave a healthy Kawai/George Clippers team all they could handle in 7 last year and won a round this year.

Is he the end all be all some hype him up to be? No. But even now, he’s a hell of an offensive player, and if he ever actually gets in great shape and Dallas figures out how to put any actual talent around him, will be a tough out for years to come.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IIRC they were holding out hope to sign Deron Williams who ended up being a disaster for the Nets.

Then they went after DeAndre Jordan, who agreed to sign with the Mavs but the Clippers went and locked him in a cellar until he agreed to stay. (Mild exaggeration)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort