Suns @ Pelicans Thursday Playoff game thread 4-28-2022 - Game 6

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
if you watch the video it looks like a sea of those red shirts, assuming that's what the front of all those shirts said! so that's quite a bit more than 15
No they weren’t. The fans WERE wearing red shirts, but They have a much more elaborate white logo/graphic on them.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't think the Suns organization would have willingly allowed the chants and shirts.

It may have well happened but I think they would have tried to shut it down.
Cmon. I’ve heard “bu*****t” chants at suns games and “the ref beats his wife” chants and no team does anything about it. They only do something if stuff starts raining down in the court which could be dangerous or if they have a single individual whom Lebron wants thrown out or there’s a fight in the stands. That’s it. This isn’t a thing.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Something I noticed this morning…

The official Suns Facebook account posted a picture of CP3 with a bunch of tweets congratulating CP3 on his perfect night. Lebron was on there along with Shams and JJ Watt. And a few others.

But there was one on there that stood out. Bob Iger. I find it very interesting that the official account puts up that picture and with all the congratulatory tweets they can show, they show that one.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a play I was worried they might call a flagrant foul on Chris Paul. I'm relieved they didn't.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Something I noticed this morning…

The official Suns Facebook account posted a picture of CP3 with a bunch of tweets congratulating CP3 on his perfect night. Lebron was on there along with Shams and JJ Watt. And a few others.

But there was one on there that stood out. Bob Iger. I find it very interesting that the official account puts up that picture and with all the congratulatory tweets they can show, they show that one.

Him and Chris are really close

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No they weren’t. The fans WERE wearing red shirts, but They have a much more elaborate white logo/graphic on them.

Yes correct they were wearing the shirts the team gave out

The two others were wearing custom crowder shirts

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Him and Chris are really close
It was from the official Suns account. Even if they are "friends", why put it there if he is one who might stand to benefit if Sarver is removed? Just thought it was interesting to include it from him in particular.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was from the official Suns account. Even if they are "friends", why put it there if he is one who might stand to benefit if Sarver is removed? Just thought it was interesting to include it from him in particular.

It's not known whether Iger would benefit if Sarver is removed. The current ownership group could take over Sarver's shares since he only owns 30% or so. I doubt the league would punish the other owners for Sarver's behavior, which is what forcing a complete sale would do.

Sidenote on Iger. Here's a video from ESPN in 2019 when Paul was a free agent. Iger is listed as Paul's mentor.

Espn.com/video/clip/_/id/21064275

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fine forget it. Sorry I mentioned it.
No. You are right. It is really weird for the TEAM SITE to post a message from a person who has publicly stated he wants to buy the team.

That is unless that relationship is a friendly one between Iger and the team behind the scenes, or an employee or group of employees is trying to slap Sarver in the face.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose