Suns @ Pelicans Thursday Playoff game thread 4-28-2022 - Game 6

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really can't believe Pelicans fans were allowed to chant this.

At least Jae Crowder may make some money on it.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

What did Crowder even do in this series that was bad? Hell he single handily kept the Pelicans in this series.

They should be chanting THANKS JAE CROWDER* clap clap clap*

If it’s about the Hayes thing you should be upset that your PF beats women and puppies

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think the Suns organization would have willingly allowed the chants and shirts.

It may have well happened but I think they would have tried to shut it down.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am confused as to why did is such a big deal. While it's not in good taste, who really cares if the fan chant "F *insert player's name*"? Let them chant whatever the hell they want. Players feed off of that crap.

It's not that. It's more like I was surprised it happened on national television. Suns thrive on this stuff.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone was promoting the chant and shirts. It was a community event so I'm not sure it was in good taste.

I'm still worried Suns players are going to be fined for wearing the shirts in the post game interviews.

Personally, I don't care as much because the Suns thrived on it.
A shirt that says F***? That Book on his twitter said "Foul Jae Crowder"?

Plausible deniability

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are confusing the shirts with the chanting. They are seperate. The shirts were made by some fans because of the chanting during a previous game.

Of course they are separate but weren't the fans saying the same words on the shirt except they were completing the whole sentence.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A shirt that says F***? That Book on his twitter said "Foul Jae Crowder"?

Plausible deniability

Yeah, but we know what the actual word intended.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Of course they are separate but weren't the fans saying the same words on the shirt except they were completing the whole sentence.
Um, I'm trying to figure out why you are so confused here. The fans chanted "F*** Jae Crowder" in previous games in NO and some fans made the shirts for Game 6. Couldn't spell out the word on the shirt obviously, so they made it "F***". That's it. What's the disconnect? The only thing that confuses me is how Jae and Book got TWO of them.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Um, I'm trying to figure out why you are so confused here. The fans chanted "F*** Jae Crowder" in previous games in NO and some fans made the shirts for Game 6. Couldn't spell out the word on the shirt obviously, so they made it "F***". That's it. What's the disconnect? The only thing that confuses me is how Jae and Book got TWO of them.

Don't assume I am the one confused.

I'm not sure where there is a disconnect. The shirts and the crowd said the same thing except the crowd vocally completed the last three letters behind "F."

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was telling my STB wife this same thing. I thought that Clippers series last year was twitchy but it had nothing on this series.
In my world, STB stands for set top box so I had to google to find out why you married a streaming device only to discover it also means soon to be. Go figure. And congrats on a soon to be wife.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my world, STB stands for set top box so I had to google to find out why you married a streaming device only to discover it also means soon to be. Go figure. And congrats on a soon to be wife.
Thanks!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul struggling with Jose Alvarado's name. Don't get on Paul's bad side.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am confused as to why did is such a big deal. While it's not in good taste, who really cares if the fan chant "F *insert player's name*"? Let them chant whatever the hell they want. Players feed off of that crap.
Agreed.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if everyone has seen this particular video of Chris Paul and Willie Green hugging and talking after the game.

I saw some tears.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jarret Jack got them.

He talked to the people - went back to the Suns bench. Booker sent him back over to see if he could get two of them.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Someone was promoting the chant and shirts. It was a community event so I'm not sure it was in good taste.

I'm still worried Suns players are going to be fined for wearing the shirts in the post game interviews.

Personally, I don't care as much because the Suns thrived on it.
Why would they be fined for wearing these shirts in the post-game interview? It was in poor taste for the Hornets fans (I am pretty prudish when it comes to standards of good taste, I know). But for Jae and Book to wear them post-game is the perfect way to make Hornets fans think twice about doing that again. No need to fine anyone or award T's etc. The league should just let this play out and fix itself.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why would they be fined for wearing these shirts in the post-game interview? It was in poor taste for the Hornets fans (I am pretty prudish when it comes to standards of good taste, I know). But for Jae and Book to wear them post-game is the perfect way to make Hornets fans think twice about doing that again. No need to fine anyone or award T's etc. The league should just let this play out and fix itself.

It's more about the way the NBA handles matters they perceive might tarnish their image by fining players and coaches if they say or do something wrong like mentioning a foul disparity.

The NBA might not want this type of image on television even though Pelicans fans initiated it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave