Some 2nd round options for you all

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LT: Humphries (28) LG: Pugh (31) C: Hudson (32) RG: Murray (28)-Hernandez (26), RT: Beachum (32)-Jones (24)

Highly doubt you'll find a Day-2 O-lineman that is more than an apprentice this season, and there's little of added value in the FA list.

Our 0-line (health caveat, per usual) is better than going into last season.

We do need a better swing G/C. We can't have Harlow starting if Hudson is out. Whether that's via draft or FA I don't care.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
LT: Humphries (28) LG: Pugh (31) C: Hudson (32) RG: Murray (28)-Hernandez (26), RT: Beachum (32)-Jones (24)

Highly doubt you'll find a Day-2 O-lineman that is more than an apprentice this season, and there's little of added value in the FA list.

Our 0-line (health caveat, per usual) is better than going into last season.
Our offensive line i the same as last year, flipping one "meh" backup level G for another, only the line is another year older.

Reaction score
Draft 2 straight olinemen. Try and get Kyler some cover since we decided on keeping him. Otherwise same thing as last year will happen. He will go fetal position. As much as we need for defense we should just do what saints did mid 2010s. Give Drew Brees weapons and protection. Worry about high defensive picks following year. People have to understand my thought process on this.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Trey McBride in 2nd…Edge/DL with both 3rds.
With having Ertz and Maxx, I've pretty much scratched TE off the list for rounds 2 and 3. I'd look for a developmental guy later in the draft because that's a position that having tools and good coaching, a player can develop into a useful TE2.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Our offensive line i the same as last year, flipping one "meh" backup level G for another, only the line is another year older.
The problem is that most drafted OL aren't good their rookie season and wouldn't really be an upgrade. I actually like a lot of the Cardinals backup linemen for the most part and I'm not pulling the trigger on an OL unless there is a chance he would immediately be better than guys like Harlow or would fit a role in year one (backup center, swing tackle).

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Ed Ingram or Jamaree Salyer me please since I don’t think Mafe or Ebikeite will will make it to the 2nd rounder.
I like Ingram more than Salyer but I like Salyer less than most. I just don't like Georgia OL history. Seem to underwhelm for the most part. Big bodies, sloppy technique and inconsistent.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
lol, our 2nd round pick better not be no damn backup. Play him at center & move Rodney to RG.
I really think we will move up. I would love Mafe even at the expense of an OL. If we stay put, OL or DL is most likely. I think they like the CB depth chart more than I do so that eliminates a bunch of options.

Obviously depends how the board plays out. A run on other positions may result in an edge falling.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Is Ebiketie worthy of swaps of 2 and 3 at the right time, or will he cost a draft pick? Guess it’s all about the spot we are trying to get into.

I’ve heard his name a lot. We need more productive bodies at the position. Guess I’m asking opinions on moving up for him..

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I like Ingram more than Salyer but I like Salyer less than most. I just don't like Georgia OL history. Seem to underwhelm for the most part. Big bodies, sloppy technique and inconsistent.
Ingram is a mess as a run blocker, but great in pass pro.

Brett Killian covered his film in his OL rankings on YouTube.

I do agree about Georgia OL, long history of not meeting expectations.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose