Arizona Cardinals offseason thread 2022

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That is quite frankly stupid.

A decision needs to be made, do you want him for your long term quarterback or not.

If yes, you sign him ASAP.

In no, you trade him ASAP.

Making him hold out just pisses him off and eliminates the first option, and it delays the second option which is essentially holding back your rebuild by one year for no good reason.
I agree. I sincerely doubt that the Cardinals will be stupid enough not to get Murray signed. In my lifetime, the Cardinals have never had a young franchise QB that could actually play the game of football. If you let him go, be prepared to wait another 100 years for another young QB with Murray’s skill set. Just saying.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I agree. I sincerely doubt that the Cardinals will be stupid enough not to get Murray signed. In my lifetime, the Cardinals have never had a young franchise QB that could actually play the game of football. If you let him go, be prepared to wait another 100 years for another young QB with Murray’s skill set. Just saying.
Falling into the fetal position, quitting on your teammates, sucking in the 2nd half of the season, sitting on the bench when BB is down? That’s his skill set? No thanks. Pouting and sulking. Not preparing. The list goes on. Just saying.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Falling into the fetal position, quitting on your teammates, sucking in the 2nd half of the season, sitting on the bench when BB is down? That’s his skill set? No thanks. Pouting and sulking. Not preparing. The list goes on. Just saying.
Sucking in the 2nd half of the season?? That’s a tad much, don’t you think? You might want to go back & watch the ENTIRE 2nd half of the season. All I’m saying is that good luck filling his shoes. When you’ve watched this franchise as long as I have, you can come back to me & we can discuss just how long it takes this franchise to find QB’s. I guess we’ll agree to disagree & move on.

AZ Native

Reaction score
Sucking in the 2nd half of the season?? That’s a tad much, don’t you think? You might want to go back & watch the ENTIRE 2nd half of the season. All I’m saying is that good luck filling his shoes. When you’ve watched this franchise as long as I have, you can come back to me & we can discuss just how long it takes this franchise to find QB’s. I guess we’ll agree to disagree & move on.
It's OK. We all have not watched the Cardinals for 100 years, I'll be dead before then. But I admit you do have valuable insight since you have followed them more than the 34 years I have since they moved here. But what about the other factors of KM you did not address? He has huge red flags everywhere. Is he the answer? I don't think so but I hope I am wrong.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's OK. We all have not watched the Cardinals for 100 years, I'll be dead before then. But I admit you do have valuable insight since you have followed them more than the 34 years I have since they moved here. But what about the other factors of KM you did not address? He has huge red flags everywhere. Is he the answer? I don't think so but I hope I am wrong.
Red flags everywhere? Really? Don’t you think you’re being extreme. He was OROY with absolute crap talent around him, and has made the Pro Bowl the last 2 years. If we had any depth the last 2 seasons, his numbers would be threw the roof. Even so, he has some fantastic numbers when you consider he’s a 24 year old kid. And I’m not even factoring in the damage & threat that his legs provide us. Yes, I’ve followed this team for almost 60 years, and there hasn’t been any young QB’s in our franchise history that even come close to his actual production or potential. If you think we’ll actually be able to replace this kid with someone with his skills, I’m afraid you’ll be sadly disappointed. You pay this kid whatever the going rate is, and you continue to build around him as best you can.

AZ Native

Reaction score
Red flags everywhere? Really? Don’t you think you’re being extreme. He was OROY with absolute crap talent around him, and has made the Pro Bowl the last 2 years. If we had any depth the last 2 seasons, his numbers would be threw the roof. Even so, he has some fantastic numbers when you consider he’s a 24 year old kid. And I’m not even factoring in the damage & threat that his legs provide us. Yes, I’ve followed this team for almost 60 years, and there hasn’t been any young QB’s in our franchise history that even come close to his actual production or potential. If you think we’ll actually be able to replace this kid with someone with his skills, I’m afraid you’ll be sadly disappointed. You pay this kid whatever the going rate is, and you continue to build around him as best you can.
Red flags are he quit on the team in the playoffs, fell to the fetal position, stayed on the bench when BB was down and out and folded again in the 2nd half of the season. He played terrible in the one playoff game. iMO he has not earned that huge contract which he wants. We’ll see.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If we dont draft a quality WR then the heck with it. Go ahead and sign Julio as well Keim. Put Hopkins in the slot and have that 2016 Pro Bowl WR room you've always wanted.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Red flags are he quit on the team in the playoffs, fell to the fetal position, stayed on the bench when BB was down and out and folded again in the 2nd half of the season. He played terrible in the one playoff game. iMO he has not earned that huge contract which he wants. We’ll see.
This

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Not to mention his injury issues and inability to play hurt.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That is quite frankly stupid.

A decision needs to be made, do you want him for your long term quarterback or not.

If yes, you sign him ASAP.

In no, you trade him ASAP.

Making him hold out just pisses him off and eliminates the first option, and it delays the second option which is essentially holding back your rebuild by one year for no good reason.
He is not going anywhere. If they traded him the rest of the team would mutiny and you would have to trade other players as well

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He’s a 24 year old kid, who no doubt should have finished out that game. Sorry, but I am NOT going to throw away a kid who in my opinion will be a superstar, because he made one immature move in a game where he was truly frustrated. I’ve waited 60 stinking years for someone like Murray to come around. I will gladly take the risk that he will mature into a stud QB. I’ll be long gone dead waiting for another.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Call me “old school” but I have no patience with prospects who make it all “about them,” I don’t have a problem with their right to maximize their pay-check. More to do with the failure of “me” guys to deliver as promised (i.e. they always seem to have a problem).

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Call me “old school” but I have no patience with prospects who make it all “about them,” I don’t have a problem with their right to maximize their pay-check. More to do with the failure of “me” guys to deliver as promised (i.e. they always seem to have a problem).
Infinitely more concerned about the FO than actually speculation of what athletes thoughts, feelings, and circumstances are, even if I wish they were more team oriented.

Athletes are paid to play. FO is paid to build a team and culture. FO is by far the failure here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoObstacles92