Steve Wilks lawsuit against NFL

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Would Wilks have won 5 games in 2019 with Kyler? Possbily.

As I've said before maybe Rosen really was one of the worst QBs ever.

I still would have fired Wilks though. And Keim.
I don’t try think any QB could look good in McCoys offense. Guaranteed 3rd & long every series

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He was also provided with the worst roster I’ve ever seen since 2002. The idea that Keim didn’t deserve to get fired for the hire and deciding the entire coaching staff and personnel… even after he got an extreme DUI that same off-season looks terrible at least from an optics standpoint and at least makes an argument for disparate treatment.

Especially in light of a massive contract extension for Keim right after a humiliating end to the season and with 1 playoff win in 9 years.
Agree Keim should have been fired, but adversity tells you something about a man.

Wilks' answer after some games to why the team struggled was that the calls were right and the players didn't execute. While that's possibly true, a leader takes the L himself.

Later in the year when asked how to turn things around, he said he didn't know. To me, that's fireable. Add that to his lack of accountability, you just couldn't have any faith that he could turn the team around.

Keim should have been fired too.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Agree Keim should have been fired, but adversity tells you something about a man.

Wilks' answer after some games to why the team struggled was that the calls were right and the players didn't execute. While that's possibly true, a leader takes the L himself.

Later in the year when asked how to turn things around, he said he didn't know. To me, that's fireable. Add that to his lack of accountability, you just couldn't have any faith that he could turn the team around.

Wilks had losing in his 'DNA'... matter of fact, I think he used the word DNA more times than actual yards the offense made during his tenure of stealing money from the franchise

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Oh, I think Wilks was a terrible coach as well and couldn’t be happier when he was fired. It’s just the Keim pass of it all that brings stink to that firing.

Dan H

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Remember when Wilks said he'd run a 3-4 due to our personnel, then decided to run a 4-3 instead? Good times.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm torn, he was a terrible coach that year and again one of the issues was that the Cards apparently made him promise that they would stay 3-4 because they didn't want to overhaul the defense to 4-3. He agreed, took the job, and then converted to 4-3 anyways.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm torn, he was a terrible coach that year and again one of the issues was that the Cards apparently made him promise that they would stay 3-4 because they didn't want to overhaul the defense to 4-3. He agreed, took the job, and then converted to 4-3 anyways.
Torn? Clearly well over his head and a horrible coach. The organization has a long rich history of hiring minorities. What’s to be torn about?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Torn? Clearly well over his head and a horrible coach. The organization has a long rich history of hiring minorities. What’s to be torn about?

Because I do agree he had a horrible roster. Injury plagued veteran QB with rookie behind him, weak WR group etc.

He was a horrible coach but he wasn't given any talent by the GM. But the defense was largely his fault he inherited a good defense and made it bad

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Wilks made a bad situation worse-misusing Patrick Peterson, changing defense yadda yadda yadda. His record since leaving AZ shows he is no more than a position coach. Anything more is beyond his level of competence.

Nobody wanted to coach the Cardinals that year. The roster was a dumpster fire.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because I do agree he had a horrible roster. Injury plagued veteran QB with rookie behind him, weak WR group etc.

He was a horrible coach but he wasn't given any talent by the GM. But the defense was largely his fault he inherited a good defense and made it bad
But when you say you are torn do you believe there is a chance racism is part of the issue with him being let go? That’s really the bottom line.

Reaction score
He was also provided with the worst roster I’ve ever seen since 2002. The idea that Keim didn’t deserve to get fired for the hire and deciding the entire coaching staff and personnel… even after he got an extreme DUI that same off-season looks terrible at least from an optics standpoint and at least makes an argument for disparate treatment.

Especially in light of a massive contract extension for Keim right after a humiliating end to the season and with 1 playoff win in 9 years.

5 years is massive nowadays? Ok.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
This was the act that really got me. He was clearly deceptive about this and you can’t stay with a dishonest coach. I think Flores suit has merit for him. I can’t speak to Horton’s issues. He was a good defensive coach and seemed to be liked by the players. Flores got jobbed in Miami and I hope they pay dearly for that action. The NFL should have stepped in when it became clear based on the owner‘s statement that they were tanking. Then to fire a manager who won some games in spite of the upper management actions was unbelievable.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wilks was put in a terrible position here, and the guy who put him in that situation has no business still being the GM, but Wilks was still a bad head coach. All of these things can be true at once.
Dayman, I was trying to think of a way to say this. Thank you kindly.

OP
OP
juza76

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Team improvements and sticking with the dude who was responsible of that horrible roster?
Wilks called Keim name in his lawsuit, they should explain why Keim was kept

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not a Keim fan but feel the Cards could build a case for keeping him and letting Wilks go.

Keim is a long term employee and had a track record of success prior to the Wilks hire. He hired BA and they built a playoff team. I feel that for Wilks this is more like "sour grapes." Again, I'm not crazy about Keim but I never have felt that the Cards have been discriminatory against minorities.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a Keim fan but feel the Cards could build a case for keeping him and letting Wilks go.

Keim is a long term employee and had a track record of success prior to the Wilks hire. He hired BA and they built a playoff team. I feel that for Wilks this is more like "sour grapes." Again, I'm not crazy about Keim but I never have felt that the Cards have been discriminatory against minorities.
Spot on… The bottom line is was Wilkes treatment based on his color of skin… I’m going to have to say a resounding no