Steve Wilks lawsuit against NFL

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Hey, they took the job and agreed to the "garbage situation". Don't think Keim put a gun to their head or anything like that. They got paid pretty good money and flamed out.
I don't understand. What is the point of this post?

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rivera reveals that Wilks was unable to put together a staff of coaches he wanted and wanted to work with him.

“The hard part for him there, he was the last guy hired,” Rivera said for Sports Illustrated. “So all the guys that were on his coaching list, they were already locked in. He had to hire guys that he really didn’t want to have to hire. He had to keep guys he didn’t want to keep.”

Offensive coordinator Mike McCoy was believed to have been selected by general manager Steve Keim. Other holdovers were Byron Leftwich, Larry Foote, Steve Heiden and others.

Vance Joseph and thus the whole defensive staff were also not Kliff's choice. And again he had to guys like keep Heiden and Cam Turner.

"Arizona general manager Steve Keim said Wednesday the Cardinals were searching for a “veteran” defensive coordinator who would run a 3-4 defense"

And it's obvious that Tom Clements was not Kliff's idea as it looks like he was sidelined and never replaced.

Plus we heard recently that Kliff wanted to fire Kugler some time ago but wasn't allowed. If your HC is "allowed" he's not in control.
What about Bidwill choosing Wilks, not Keim?

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
For the record I do think there is a race problem in the NFL but i dont think that was the reason the Cardinals let him go. From memory there were two things that directly contributed to Wilks being fired:

1. His plan to improve the team was thoroughly uninspiring to MB during the post season debrief. This was referenced by MB at the press conference following the end of the season.

2. He was less than truthful regarding his commitment to the continued use of the 3-4 alignment despite telling MB otherwise. He wanted to goto a 4-3 alignment despite the team not having the personnel for it.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Meh. The Panthers owner can hire whoever he wants to hire and it doesn't make it racism just because he went in a different direction. He said Wilks would have to do an incredible job to become the coach moving forward. Wilks was 6-6. Is .500 incredible? :shrug:

Hard to argue with their pick because of his importance to the franchise - Reich was their first-ever quarterback.
B, while this may be true, and I am in 100% agreement with your statement on owners having the right to hire whomever they want. It still doesn't negate that there is in fact a problem with race and opportunity in the NFL. At the base of the argument of these coaches and for that matter, people like myself who hate the inequality of the whole thing, is just to be fair and judge candidates on merit for the job. I thought SW should have been let go from us, he was atrocious and could NOT be brought back under any circumstances but what gives Reich the inside track over him if we're talking about recent performance being a barometer of the decision-making process?

Reich was trash last year, Wilks took an awful situation and had them boys relevant right up to the end of the season. If I'M the owner, I'm taking that into consideration. And to your point, he said incredible. I'm also wondering what incredible was. If he had gotten in, was that incredible? A playoff win? NFC championship? He had all the leverage because he controlled the narrative as to his idea of incredible. I think he had zero intent of even giving him a real shot. I'll end with this. If Nathaniel Hackett had been black, any chance he gets a job IMMEDIATELY after a cellar-dwelling effort such as he put out? It is what it is, and I'm not surprised. In truth I hate talking about this subject because I don't see change on the horizon anytime soon and I love this game to death, so I'm perpetually irritated at stuff like this.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard