Cards signing Gladney

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It wasn't a trial per se.

A Grand Jury deemed there was insufficient evidence to bring the issue to trial.

Given that it's said that a Grand Jury in America would indite a ham sandwich; it's fair to say that someone, a black man at that, walking away without a legal blemish shouldn't be subject to further non-judicial punishment.

Actually he DID have a trial and was found not guilty by 12-0.

"A Dallas jury found former Minnesota Vikings cornerback Jeff Gladney not guilty on a felony assault charge Thursday.

The verdict was unanimous, according to online court records."

I don't know how Texas works it may be different but it sounds like the grand jury indicted him and they also had a grand jury for the verdict. In California they sometimes use a grand jury to decide whether to charge or not and then use a regular not grand jury for the actual trial, in which case the verdict has to be unanimous. Since the story specifically said the verdict was unanimous I'm assuming they had a grand jury do the verdict too but I could be wrong?

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've seen Vikings fans say that he performed badly but had excuses. He was their #1 CB his rookie year, without a preseason, in the same year that the Vikings lost all their pass rushers.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Actually he DID have a trial and was found not guilty by 12-0.

"A Dallas jury found former Minnesota Vikings cornerback Jeff Gladney not guilty on a felony assault charge Thursday.

The verdict was unanimous, according to online court records."

I don't know how Texas works it may be different but it sounds like the grand jury indicted him and they also had a grand jury for the verdict. In California they sometimes use a grand jury to decide whether to charge or not and then use a regular not grand jury for the actual trial, in which case the verdict has to be unanimous. Since the story specifically said the verdict was unanimous I'm assuming they had a grand jury do the verdict too but I could be wrong?

I stand corrected. My Twitter feed said 'Grand' Jury.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's Gambo so usual bucket of salt...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
As a fellow TCU alum, I’m glad Gladney is getting a 2nd chance after being found not guilty from those charges. Prayers to all parties involved. Time to move forward.

I’m not expecting much because who knows what kind of shape he kept himself in while going through that kind of legal process. It can easily take a toll on a person physically and mentally.

I’m definitely rooting for him to bounce back.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cards still need to add a CB early in the draft. Also sign a vet free agent CB but don't break the bank.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I really hope ARZ is not trying to increase comp pick count as an excuse for targeting release players instead of FA's who can actually help. I know we don't have cap room but we need more than 1 CB who hasn't played in a year to complete the CB unit. Not sure how much Kevin King, Steven Nelson, Eli Apple, Kyle Fuller, Xavier Rhodes, Chris Harris, Casey Hayward, Donte Jackson, Jason Verrett, etc are looking for but I don't see any of them getting more than $5M a year. ARZ should be able to pick up at least a couple from this list.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really hope ARZ is not trying to increase comp pick count as an excuse for targeting release players instead of FA's who can actually help. I know we don't have cap room but we need more than 1 CB who hasn't played in a year to complete the CB unit. Not sure how much Kevin King, Steven Nelson, Eli Apple, Kyle Fuller, Xavier Rhodes, Chris Harris, Casey Hayward, Donte Jackson, Jason Verrett, etc are looking for but I don't see any of them getting more than $5M a year. ARZ should be able to pick up at least a couple from this list.
U can add one of them when the addition won't have an impact in the compensatory formula

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You get the best deals later. Loads of time left.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear about the signing although I haven't had time to research it properly.

Hopefully this takes some of the pressure off having to draft a cornerback early.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
its still early, but sure looks like Keim is working to max the comp pick formula

both the Kirk and Chandler contracts are 3rd round pick kinda contracts

only outside add so far .. Gladney .. doesnt count against it.

Zadarious Smith and Julio Jones wouldnt count against it either
It's not a bad strategy, really. Unfortunately, we have so many holes it may be too costly a strategy for Keim to play.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Anybody but Apple

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Keep in mind this is a good draft for CBs. Gladney will start but I expect rookie like mistakes. Potential for a decent player is there. He’s a definite upgrade.