OT: The NFL Combine Weekend thread. Mar 3 - Mar 6

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we could find a team to trade up big time in the 2nd, I wouldn’t mind going TE. Think it would be dumb to keep both Maxx & Ertz.

R1. Zion Johnson
R2. Jeremy Ruckert
R3. Alec Pierce

Go straight defense after that.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be ok with Jordan Davis in the 1st. We need to improve our run defense, and he's as good as it gets in that area.

I love him. I want OL or WR or Edge but if the right guys aren't there and Davis is I'm happy still

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement college players get into the NFL by being drafted or by being subject to the draft and not being drafted, in which case a player is a free agent.

But it is not possible to "opt out" of the draft for the purpose of choosing which club you want to play for. That's not permitted under the system negotiated between the NFL and NFLPA.

No draft. No NFL.
The combine would have to be bargained for. The NFL cannot unilaterally impose the combine on them.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish Davis would have done the bench press.
I told you he broke the combine.

He actually wasn't a big weight guy when he got to Georgia but was good by the time he left. I don't think anybody questioned his strength so he had nothing to gain by lifting

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If we could find a team to trade up big time in the 2nd, I wouldn’t mind going TE. Think it would be dumb to keep both Maxx & Ertz.

R1. Zion Johnson
R2. Jeremy Ruckert
R3. Alec Pierce

Go straight defense after that.
I like Ruckert, but thats way too early.
PFF mock draft sim

R1. Green
R2. Kenneth Walker
R3. Pierce

If I had taken Olave then I would have went Ruckert 3rd round . However, he wont go 2nd round.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
-
How was this dude not a combination of peak Sapp/Wilfork at the college level?

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There's no way Davis falls to us but a man can dream. Just like I dreamt about Jaycee Horn

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Ruckert, but thats way too early.
PFF mock draft sim

R1. Green
R2. Kenneth Walker
R3. Pierce

If I had taken Olave then I would have went Ruckert 3rd round . However, he wont go 2nd round.
Ruckert won’t make it to our 3rd round pick. He’ll probably go early 3rd round.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
-
How was this dude not a combination of peak Sapp/Wilfork at the college level?

he was a great player on a defense with multiple guys who will be playing in the NFL for years. Their front 7 was amazing

Walker likely first rounder, Davis probably first round, Jalen Carter will be a first rounder eventually, Wyatt will play in the NFL for years they have a couple of backups who will be really good.

Dean is an NFL LB, I think Nolan Smith plays in the NFL, they have a couple of others too. There's a reason they won the NC

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Watch out folks, today you will get to watch the ultimate Steve Keim type of player: Michigan Safety Daxton Hill. The words to describe Hill will make Stevie just melt: multiple, hybrid, could change position in NFL from safety to corner. An anonymous NFC scout (probably ours) said that teams will definitely consider Hill a super athletic cornerback prospect. Hill will be just too much for our GM
to resist. He will justify the pick because Hill was a top 5 player on their board. We fans will be throwing things at the TV when teams after us select players we covet.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Senior Bowl work outs tell me a lot more. You see guys matched up against each other that will actually be playing each other in the NFL. Those are pretty revealing.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Watch out folks, today you will get to watch the ultimate Steve Keim type of player: Michigan Safety Daxton Hill. The words to describe Hill will make Stevie just melt: multiple, hybrid, could change position in NFL from safety to corner. An anonymous NFC scout (probably ours) said that teams will definitely consider Hill a super athletic cornerback prospect. Hill will be just too much for our GM
to resist. He will justify the pick because Hill was a top 5 player on their board. We fans will be throwing things at the TV when teams after us select players we covet.
Kyle Hamilton paired with Budda Baker, Oh My.....

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Kyle Hamilton paired with Budda Baker, Oh My.....
Hamilton is going top 10 for sure.

But if he is there at 23 I wouldnt hate it. We would just have to have 3 safeties on the field

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort