OT: The NFL Combine Weekend thread. Mar 3 - Mar 6

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is well stated. Drafting an OG high would likely be a lousy idea--remember when we did it?--but later in round 1 can be a good idea.

Especially a good one. I like Linderbaum, Johnson and Green all for different reasons but all are very good. At least one of them should be available.

Any of them 3 on offense or any of Jermaine Johnson, David Ojabo or Travon Walker on defense.

I'm out on CB and WR in round 1.

My perfect draft would be Zion Johnson in round 1, George Pickens in round 2 and James Cook in round 3. Based on the current roster holes. I really like all 3 of those guys.

Other players I like in round 2 and 3 depending how the needs change due to FA are Roger McCreary, Boye Mafe, Perrion Winfrey, Justyn Ross, Ed Ingram, Kenneth Walker III, Cam Britt-Taylor and Jalen Wydermyer.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
TBH, I have ZERO confidence in Kiem when talking about drafts.
LOL, I'm not mad at that assessment. I'm not thrilled with having to rely on him either but I'm resigned to having to put some measure of faith in the depth of this draft to help him out.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why do I feel we’re gonna go RB in the 2nd round?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How much of our draft misery is down to coaching and how much is down to Keim I wonder?

I know Keim isn't good at drafting. Let's get that out of the way. Guys like Isabella, Butler, Rosen, Cole, Chad Williams should never have been picked in the first place. They were bad picks.

But we judge Keim on the lack of impact or progress from picks like Simmons, Collins, Josh Jones, Zach Allen, even Byron Murphy and Chase Edmonds have taken years to contribute much. For me, that's more of bad coaches.

It seems to me we got far more out of draft picks under BA because we had good coaches. To the point that those guys didn't do much when away from those coaches. Buc was a good player for a few years then vanished. Minter starter a bunch of games. John Brown, JJ Nelson, Gunter, DJ, Golden, Boehm, Watford. Many of them lower round picks contributed far more than the guys we drafted post Arians.

How Billy Davis still has a job is beyond me. I'm a believer in Zaven Collins. If he's not a good starter this year Davis should be gone.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
How much of our draft misery is down to coaching and how much is down to Keim I wonder?

I know Keim isn't good at drafting. Let's get that out of the way. Guys like Isabella, Butler, Rosen, Cole, Chad Williams should never have been picked in the first place. They were bad picks.

But we judge Keim on the lack of impact or progress from picks like Simmons, Collins, Josh Jones, Zach Allen, even Byron Murphy and Chase Edmonds have taken years to contribute much. For me, that's more of bad coaches.

It seems to me we got far more out of draft picks under BA because we had good coaches. To the point that those guys didn't do much when away from those coaches. Buc was a good player for a few years then vanished. Minter starter a bunch of games. John Brown, JJ Nelson, Gunter, DJ, Golden, Boehm, Watford. Many of them lower round picks contributed far more than the guys we drafted post Arians.

How Billy Davis still has a job is beyond me. I'm a believer in Zaven Collins. If he's not a good starter this year Davis should be gone.
If we cared about our LBs then Billy Davis should have been gone in January. Why waste another year of development?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

None of these guys outside of Golden really displayed consistency either.

And if you want to blame coaching, blame the guy who hired these set of coaches, ala the GM.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Greg Dulcich in the 2nd round.

Would love it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard