Signings, Trades, Rumors including Suns and NBA

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Part of me think Jones didn’t want to give up picks because they will need them to dump salary this summer. With Craig on the books there’s no role for Dario (expecting one of McGee/Bismack back). With Shamet’s deal escalating the L-Tax will be a factor.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saric wasn't traded because the Suns applied for the Disabled Player Exception.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Just about every rumor involved the Suns moving Saric. :D EVERYBODY "expected" the Suns to move Saric if there was a deal.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t recall any suns team THIS deep. I know we said that earlier this season, but it’s even deeper now. Legit players everywhere except shamet.

Paul/Payne/holiday
Booker/shamet
Bridges/cam johnson
Crowder/craig
Ayton/mcgee/biyombo

That’s 11 legit nba players and . . . shamet.
This is the deepest team in the NBA. One thing Chuck got right the other night on TNT. We are even deeper now. Good pickups with Holiday and Craig. Now we see where the chips fall. Nobody can complain about the Suns staying complacent.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lakers and the buyout market lol. Those who are bought out usually seek contenders.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I would have preferred to add Gordon as well, but Jones has earned the benefit of the doubt. It'll be interesting to see if anything of interest comes on the buyout market.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I would have preferred to add Gordon as well, but Jones has earned the benefit of the doubt. It'll be interesting to see if anything of interest comes on the buyout market.

The Suns aren’t adding a playoff rotation player on the buyout market.

You know Holliday has the respect of CP3:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
So... do we have to drop a player or 2? I count 17 on the roster, not including 10days (I think Justin Jackson is still with the team?)

Cp3, Payne, Holiday, Payton
Book, Shamet
Bridges, Cam Johnson, Nader
Crowder, Craig, Ish
Ayton, Mcgee, Bismack, Kaminsky, Saric

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So... do we have to drop a player or 2? I count 17 on the roster, not including 10days (I think Justin Jackson is still with the team?)

Book, Shamet
Crowder, Craig, Ish
Payton or Nader or both if a buyout target emerges are gone.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Book, Shamet
Crowder, Craig, Ish
Considering we got the exception for Saric, does he count as an active roster spot?

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Considering we got the exception for Saric, does he count as an active roster spot?
Yeah, I think you're on to something. I did a little digging: http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q79

Normally an NBA team can have a maximum of 15 players on its roster during a season (and up to 201 during the offseason, starting on the day after the team's season ends). A team normally has 12 or 13 players on its Active List, who are eligible to play in games, and can have as few as 11 for up to two weeks at a time. Any remaining players must be on the team's Inactive List, and are ineligible to play in games. Teams temporarily can have four players on their Inactive List (bringing their roster size to 16) with league approval in the event of a hardship.
Unless I am misunderstanding the verbiage (likely) it still looks like Phoenix is carrying one extra player, assuming that Ish is the only 2-way contract on the team.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
My family of 5 became really big Craig fans last year and were bummed that was signed with the Pacers so we’re all stoked to have him back. We know he fits both on the floor and with the culture. I’m curious to see how Jalen develops over the next couple years and wish him the best. It does seems like we’ve been chasing a Holiday for a long time as well so hopefully he’ll have an impact with depth.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because James Jones didn't think to use it until he read Cheese's posts on here.
Sounds like they got it approved but did not choose to use it until they were sure they needed it. Fascinating. I did not know they could do that.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we get a repeat of last year's finals, there will be a little Aaron vs Jrue side story going.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard