Since I Promised My Round 1 Preferred Selection

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm not against taking a DT, but I am against taking a run stopper in round one. It won't be the panacea people believe it will be.

Guys like Jordan Davis usually don't get big second contracts, and if they do, teams almost always regret it. You don't take players that play two downs high.
The question is this. On those 1st & 2nd downs can he get TFL & put them in 3rd & long? We still have Phillips locked up for one more year & could bring him in on pass rushing downs. He's hurt quite a bit so less snaps may keep him playing more games. He's being paid a lot of money so that may not be an option? We need a #1 CB badly but the theme on here to begin the season was "a better DL & pass rush helps the secondary". The draft is a crap shoot every year & whom we select can change after March during the FA period. There's lots of GM's that are way better than Keim in the crap shoots lol.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Never gonna happen unless Johnson and McCreary are facing murder charges or something before the draft. I would LOVE this draft.
Yeah, the rankings are all skewed depending on what site you visit or what analyst's big board you use. I didn't realize Johnson was still available, when I saw Sauce there at #23 I jumped. Gardner in my opinion will end up the best CB in this draft.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yeah, the rankings are all skewed depending on what site you visit or what analyst's big board you use. I didn't realize Johnson was still available, when I saw Sauce there at #23 I jumped. Gardner in my opinion will end up the best CB in this draft.
One of the Fanspeak boards has Johnson ranked 205??

I just gor Korlafkis as 24 and Jordan Davis in the 2nd.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm not high on Pugh either, I also think we can replace him in FA. Maybe watch all the Rams games & see which guard even remotely had success at slowing Donald down? If that guy is a FA & checks all the boxes then sign him if possible? Let's face it, the Rams are the team to beat in our division & slowing Donald down gives Kyler a better chance at completing a pass without running for his life. I think Justin Murray will be fine at RG, hopefully his back gets healed? Maybe Josh Jones will pan out?
PUGH:

He dealt with a calf injury in the second half of the season which held him to 13 starts, but Pugh was one of the more reliable blockers when playing. The veteran was flagged only twice and finished fifth in the league in pass block win rate as a guard, per ESPN.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We'll lose Jones through FA because his asking price will be steeper than his production & he ain't getting any younger. I'd love to have Reddick back at OLB, I think he signed with the Panthers for 1 year 8 million deal? Golden will start slipping in production in the next year or two so Jermaine Johnson might be a good pick at OLB? Now if we only had a DC who could figure out how to use Collins & Simmons lol? Jordan Davis from Georgia is a beast, I'm fine with him playing on 1st & 2nd running downs because we could use Phillips on 3rd down. May keep Phillips healthier with less snaps? There's many needs & many ways our draft can unfold. We need a true #1 CB also & #2 WR plus more depth at OG. The way our rush defense looked this season & the way the VJ scheme has historically performed against it, we could probably have an all pro DL & still suck at it. I'd like to have a DC that shuts the run down & at the very least is middle of the pack against the pass, is that asking for too much lol?

Asking price and market value are two different things.

Why would JONES find his 'asking price' on the open market, and if not, why not sign a new deal with AZ?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
PUGH:

He dealt with a calf injury in the second half of the season which held him to 13 starts, but Pugh was one of the more reliable blockers when playing. The veteran was flagged only twice and finished fifth in the league in pass block win rate as a guard, per ESPN.
Those calling to move on from Pugh are crazy. One of the better guards the Cardinals have had since I started watching the team.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Those calling to move on from Pugh are crazy. One of the better guards the Cardinals have had since I started watching the team.

My impression of Pugh is that he's probably really good technically, with also a high football IQ, but only average in terms of physicality, and declining in that this last area.

We have so many other roster issues to deal with, that while it's possible you could upgrade this position, maybe instead opt for continuity here, and spend our FA and draft capital on other positions that are surely weaker than LG.

If we could persuade him to restructure his deal, that would be even better.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How about Isaiah Spiller in the 2nd? We need a power run game. Get some nasty guards and stop with all the horizontal cute play bullcrap

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Asking price and market value are two different things.

Why would JONES find his 'asking price' on the open market, and if not, why not sign a new deal with AZ?
I think he can still get a contract in FA from his past performance, I don't think the Cardinals will offer what he wants. He'll find a medium somewhere else. I could be wrong but that's my opinion.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Think I’d be okay going WR in round 1 after thinking about it.

Maybe

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Think I’d be okay going WR in round 1 after thinking about it.

Maybe
As much as I don’t want to, if a talented guy is there, I would too. Insurance against dhop not being fully dhop and if dhop is fully recovered a very strong receiver crew.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drafting 23rd we are not going to get the "highest ranked" player at any position. But reat assured whoever we select Keim will tell us he's the guy they wanted all along and he was shocked to still see him on the board.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As much as I don’t want to, if a talented guy is there, I would too. Insurance against dhop not being fully dhop and if dhop is fully recovered a very strong receiver crew.
And watching these playoffs & how football is so advantageous to offense, I feel like you need not one, but two WRs that can one -on-one on a consistent basis. I’ll still be happy with an EDGE, but even drafting a CB where he doesn’t test elite/really great athletically worries me where football is against them.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And watching these playoffs & how football is so advantageous to offense, I feel like you need not one, but two WRs that can one -on-one on a consistent basis. I’ll still be happy with an EDGE, but even drafting a CB where he doesn’t test elite/really great athletically worries me where football is against them.
No doubt we need another "number 1" wr to compliment Hopkins.Kirk and Green are lucky to be considered a number 2 or 3 receiver and if forced to be bumped up both of them suck.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yup. My preference (in no order) is a top offensive lineman, a fast and/or big receiver, or a passrusher.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Our guys get open consistently but nobody is a game breaker after D-Hop (and who knows how long he’s a top-5 guy).

OL/Edge or bust in the first rd…
Yea, we need game-breakers. A lot of dudes on other teams also get open consistently but they don’t change how teams defend them.

Everyone in the division got two receiving options that can take over games consistently outside of us.

I’m fine if we go EDGE 1st.

OL, so OG? Ehhh…

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Are there any good 5'8 speed guys who were hurt a lot in college and didn't play a ton? Because Keim's all over that.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yup. My preference (in no order) is a top offensive lineman, a fast and/or big receiver, or a passrusher.

Our guys get open consistently but nobody is a game breaker after D-Hop (and who knows how long he’s a top-5 guy).

OL/Edge or bust in the first rd…
To follow up some more.

That Packers-Niners game pretty much confirmed me being cool with going WR in round 1.

One team had two dynamite receiving options in Deebo-Kittle while the other just had Adams. We just seen who won & who lost(& the one that lost, keeps losing in heartbreaking fashion each & every year).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose