2021 NBA COVID Related. No Personal or Political Attacks!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The ouchie health and safety protocols equate to spending too much time streaming. Sooooo bored.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
At least there is a Suns game tonight
True and I figured out how to airplay it from my phone to the ancient Apple TV in our master. But without Ayton or crowder I think we get beat up inside pretty badly.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the NBA might reduce quarantining from 6 days to 5 days or maybe they like that additional day as a buffer.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After 5 days in isolation, here is what an NBA player can do who are positive and masked.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hitting their G-League call ups now!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder at what point does the NBA suspend their protocols entirely. Within the next month they will probably be at the point where far more than half the league will have entered protocols. Is say... 70% of the league being vaxxed AND having natural immunity (and hopefully no one getting seriously ill) enough for the league to decide to let these guys play as long as they feel able?

My honest guess is... yeah. Barring some new, far more severe variant, that the league will dump all Covid protocols before April.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New changes to health and safety protocols by NBA and NBAPA.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will add this here as well as it is a significant change.

Daily surveillance COVID-19 testing will not extend beyond Saturday unless symptomatic, exposed or per league office.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Daily surveillance COVID-19 testing will not extend beyond Saturday unless symptomatic, exposed or per league office.

Another words too many players are testing positive and it’s affecting The product

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm confused. Someone said that asymptomatic players can't work out because of potential cardiac or pulmonary issues that could arise due to carrying the virus but now it seems the league will allow asymptomatic players to play. So is it true that positive asymptomatic players are endangering themselves or not?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's that post about players not working out.
Monty said per covid protocols, and from articles I have been reading, while you have Covid you are NOT supposed to work out. You can have lung and heart problems result from working out while having covid. Monty said on the radio today they are telling players all they can do is rest. They don't want them working out.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Dback Jon , @Hoop Head

Here is the caveat but it's still a significant change. Also it's an incentive to get fully vaccinated plus the booster.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm confused. Someone said that asymptomatic players can't work out because of potential cardiac or pulmonary issues that could arise due to carrying the virus but now it seems the league will allow asymptomatic players to play. So is it true that positive asymptomatic players are endangering themselves or not?
Yup. Seems to directly contradict monty’s statement. I don’t even see how the above statement posted by Mainstreet can be described as a “caveat.”

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose