OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those looking at the Suns schedule.

Here is what it looks like before the Suns embark on a five game road trip beginning January 11th, 2022:

Mon, Dec 27
vs Memphis
7:00 PM
---------------------------------------

Wed, Dec 29
vs Oklahoma City
----------------------------------------

Fri, Dec 31
@Boston Boston
11:00 AM

Sun, Jan 2
@Charlotte
5:00 PM

Tue, Jan 4
@New Orleans
6:00 PM

Thu, Jan 6
vs LA (Clippers)
8:00 PM
TNT

Sat, Jan 8
vs Miami

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found an article at CBS Sports that gives a running list of players from the date they entered health and safety protocols.

It gives an idea where the Suns players are now in the process.

By James Herbert, CBS Sports:

• Abdel Nader (Dec. 29)
  • Elfrid Payton (Dec. 29)
  • Deandre Ayton (Dec. 27)
  • Jae Crowder (Dec. 26)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NBA teams are testing daily through January 8th.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some players seem to work through health and safety protocols quicker than others.

I hope this is true for those in protocols with Suns.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
This intrigues me that players are allowed to play again when proven not to be infectious. How do you prove that? Is it just a non infected test result? It's one thing to say you don't have covid again, it's another to say you can prove you can't give it to someone.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This intrigues me that players are allowed to play again when proven not to be infectious. How do you prove that? Is it just a non infected test result? It's one thing to say you don't have covid again, it's another to say you can prove you can't give it to someone.
Probably Cycle Threshold, a value determined during a PCR test. It refers to the number of cycles the sample has to go through before the virus can still be identified. I think the NBA has moved from using 35 cycles to 30, meaning if it still shows clear after 30 cycles they are considered to not be contagious.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably Cycle Threshold, a value determined during a PCR test. It refers to the number of cycles the sample has to go through before the virus can still be identified. I think the NBA has moved from using 35 cycles to 30, meaning if it still shows clear after 30 cycles they are considered to not be contagious. (that's my laymen's understanding of the process)

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am concerned about these players. Covid's sinister impact is the residual heart problem that occurs in the weeks after testing negative. I have now seen a number of people recover only to have a heart attack--usually fatal--with several weeks.

It might be wise for them to take more time before they get back on the court.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am concerned about these players. Covid's sinister impact is the residual heart problem that occurs in the weeks after testing negative. I have now seen a number of people recover only to have a heart attack--usually fatal--with several weeks.

It might be wise for them to take more time before they get back on the court.
This is one of the things that people don’t realize about Covid - even if you have mild symptoms virus can do damage

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
This is one of the things that people don’t realize about Covid - even if you have mild symptoms virus can do damage
Yes. It's too early to know how this new variant affects long term health issues. I am observing less mask wearing in general when I go out. Unfortunately I think we will find out more data on this new variant since it will be spreading more. Also, some states and pockets in our country still have Delta as the primary covid variant. We all know Delta is deadly and long term potential to affect you. So it's not like Delta is disappearing yet, either.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
JaVale reminds me of some hyperactive kids I knew in school. He is like the center version of Gerald Green. He might be wild and not always play smart, but he will always be active and HATE passivity.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I watched him a lot in GS. He would do a play that would get him on Shaqtin a Fool, but then the next two defensive trips down the floor he would block shots, and sandwich that with a lob dunk in between. They always brought him in the fourth when they had a slight lead. He'd play 5 minutes and next thing you knew GS would be up by 15. I thought it was a big mistake by them when they let him go elsewhere.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deandre Ayton says he was asymptomatic.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Deandre Ayton says he was asymptomatic.

If he was asymptomatic why did he need to miss a game to get reconditioned and why did he look so sluggish?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If he was asymptomatic why did he need to miss a game to get reconditioned and why did he look so sluggish?

They held everyone out. I don't doubt they wanted these guys to get a practice in before they played. I am not concerned.

A lot of good it did though, that was probably the least defensive awareness we've seen from this team all year. I hope/expect they're infuriated at themselves watching that Miami game on film.

Toronto in on a streak, we better be ready to play on Tuesday.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I wonder the same thing, as if some of these guys dont have equipment at home to get a workout in.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Monty said per covid protocols, and from articles I have been reading, while you have Covid you are NOT supposed to work out. You can have lung and heart problems result from working out while having covid. Monty said on the radio today they are telling players all they can do is rest. They don't want them working out.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty said per covid protocols, and from articles I have been reading, while you have Covid you are NOT supposed to work out. You can have lung and heart problems result from working out while having covid. Monty said on the radio today they are telling players all they can do is rest. They don't want them working out.

This would explain Ayton, Crowder and McGee looking a step slow against the Heat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave