So What’s Wrong With Kyler Murray?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What about the array of weapons Burrow has? We have a star receiver but isn't fast, then no much
Burrow has three guys that can fly for 99 yards.
So Burrow is getting bailed by his one great WR?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who are the 15 QB's better than Kyler?

The 15 I'd want starting after week 12 you mean?

Because pre week 12 Kyler isn't the same guy as week 12 and later Kyler.

(It's more like week 9 but I'm being generous)

Brady
Rodgers
Mahomes
Watson
Wilson
Burrow
Prescott
Allen
Jackson
Wentz
Ryan
Stafford
Tannehill
Herbert
Carr

I have zero faith in Kyler in crunch games or clutch moments

Last edited:

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Burrow and Herbert or anyone playing QB cannot run like Murray.

Murray cannot play pocket passing game like Burrow, Herbert etc.

Great Running QBs physical abilities always wane after 5-6 seasons. Great
Pocket passers doesn't have this disadvantage.

Murray has 3 more good years at this level. At this level is good enough to win a Superbowl when playing like the first half of the season.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That Cowboys touchdown was facilitated by signature Murray getting him self sacked 14 yards behind LOS..Until that point Kyler player great.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
These threads are too much and just classic ASFN
I wonder if its everything Harry said in OP or the countless posts I made recently about playing with no Hudson and having no chemistry/trust with Wesley yet. Either way this thread should be interesting if we're basing it on *energy*

Unless @DVontel is just right about us being a road team.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I wonder if its everything Harry said in OP or the countless posts I made recently about playing with no Hudson and having no chemistry/trust with Wesley yet. Either way this thread should be interesting if we're basing it on *energy*

Unless @DVontel is just right about us being a road team.
Over my head.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Betcha Aaron Rodgers worked his ass off watching every minute of film he could to get there.

To be fair, Rodgers was so impressive during his time in the bench the Packers drafted a QB in the second round to compete with him.
Kyler had three years in NFL. He is good. Nothing special unless conditions are perfect around him. Also the best Young QB Cardinals ever had. What does this mean? Ride the boat with Kyler sink or swim. #FACTS
This is false. There’s a lot special about Kyler, which is why it’s SO FRUSTRATING that he isn’t doing everything in his control to maximize those special talents as quickly as possible.
Kingsbury has to adjust.
What bothers Kyler the most? It’s push up the middle.

We need to call some designed roll outs/ moving pocket and force the defense to move. Teams know right where Kyler is going to be and their mission is to keep him there.

Watch the Rams. They play action to the left. Stafford rolls to his right and has nothing but green in front of him.why can’t we?
Hope you were happy today. We roll Kyler out all the time, and did so as much as usual today.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be fair, Rodgers was so impressive during his time in the bench the Packers drafted a QB in the second round to compete with him.

This is false. There’s a lot special about Kyler, which is why it’s SO FRUSTRATING that he isn’t doing everything in his control to maximize those special talents as quickly as possible.

Hope you were happy today. We roll Kyler out all the time, and did so as much as usual today.
The fact that Kyler played under center more than ever, we stuck with the run helped when he did run and especially on the option plays.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
From NFL.com:

Kyler Murray had a 100+ passer rtg for the 8th time this season, tied with Neil Lomax (1984) and HOF Kurt Warner (2009) for the 2nd-most such games in a season among ARI QBs since 1950.

But yeah, let's play Colt McCoy over Murray. He's studies more film.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
From NFL.com:

Kyler Murray had a 100+ passer rtg for the 8th time this season, tied with Neil Lomax (1984) and HOF Kurt Warner (2009) for the 2nd-most such games in a season among ARI QBs since 1950.

Who said this besides Kyler Murray supporters who wanted him swaddled in bubble wrap for the playoffs?

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Who said this besides Kyler Murray supporters who wanted him swaddled in bubble wrap for the playoffs?

Oh, good evening K9. I trust you're well sir.

Um, I'm just making things up for fun. The victorious get to write history and all of that. However, to make amends, here's another bit of actual data from NFL.com:

Kyler Murray has 2+ pass TD for the 23rd time in his career. No other ARI QB had more than 10 such games in their first 3 seasons since 1970.

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Oh, good evening K9. I trust you're we'll sir.

Um, I'm just making things up for fun. The victorious get to write history and all of that. However, to make amends, here's another bit of actual data from NFL.com:

Kyler Murray has 2+ pass TD for the 23rd time in his career. No other ARI QB had more than 10 such games in their first 3 seasons since 1970.
Everyone agrees Cards QBs have sucked the past forever. What does this prove? Is someone arguing that Kyler isn’t better than Kent Graham?

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
From NFL.com:

Haha love it.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Everyone agrees Cards QBs have sucked the past forever. What does this prove? Is someone arguing that Kyler isn’t better than Kent Graham?

Not to my knowledge (bolded), and the information is only intended to provide some context for Murray's performance during his time in ARZ. I agree comparing him to all of his NFL peers is more relevant, but the above was all that was provided.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
9-1 now with Hudson.. water still holds, make this from arguably the worst O-Line in the league without him (actually can’t even think of a worse in the league) - to a bottom quarter OLine w Hudson in the line-up.

Can only imagine the difference in not only Kyler, but our run game if you have us a PAIR of competent guards. Hump and Beachum are competent enough at tackle if you do that.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
9-1 now with Hudson.. water still holds, make this from arguably the worst O-Line in the league without him (actually can’t even think of a worse in the league) - to a bottom quarter OLine w Hudson in the line-up.

Can only imagine the difference in not only Kyler, but our run game if you have us a PAIR of competent guards. Hump and Beachum are competent enough at tackle if you do that.
Really few teams ask this from their oline, one dimensional too much and scrambling qb. When we balance with run, it helps actoss the board. Chase did good today, but Conner is the juice, the demoralizer of dallas In the playoffs. And our best hope if we make it go Green Bay - brrrr

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Really few teams ask this from their oline, one dimensional too much and scrambling qb. When we balance with run, it helps actoss the board. Chase did good today, but Conner is the juice, the demoralizer of dallas In the playoffs. And our best hope if we make it go Green Bay - br
Really few teams ask this from their oline, one dimensional too much and scrambling qb. When we balance with run, it helps actoss the board. Chase did good today, but Conner is the juice, the demoralizer of dallas In the playoffs. And our best hope if we make it go Green Bay - brrrr
Ask what from their OLine? Without Hudson that interior line is a swinging gate as we have seen over and over again.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Our oline is the focal point to put aggressive pressure on an opposing defense, if you haven’t noticed we pass a lot with empty backfields, and defenses all out rush like pressure situations throughout the game. Why would a defense even consider playing a run defense with no rb? not like km going to crash the middle - we trick them with a run, but us rarely a primary weapon. Works when we try it, have the horses, but even our oline are surprised by runs and often get penalties. Haha

the balance stats are often skewed by running time out, but really first game in awhile we ran regularly in the first half, and it worked. Km ran out the clock, but ertz and chase got their knees down to run out the clock Without being thrown out of bounds. Big ole Ertz hit with a thump, had to hurt his knees.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

So we have our two best OL, Hudson and Humphries, locked up through next year. That's great.

Pugh is also signed through 2022, but will be 32, and will have a pretty decent cap hit I believe. His base salary goes from 4 million this year to 8 million next year. He's solid, but I'm not sure if we want to retain him for that kind of money.

Beechum is signed up for 2022 also, but for a song compared to Pugh. A little less than 2 million in base salary. He will be 33 however. He's also solid, and has been pretty durable, but surely Father Time is starting to catch up with him, and so I guess the Cardinals will have to consider replacing him for next season. Maybe not.

RG is the real weak point. Justin Murray is signed through 2022 for only about 2 million, but can't stay healthy. Jones and Garcia try their hardest, but seem to be inconsistent. Harlow? Perhaps, but wouldn't he have won a starting job by now?

But the above information should demonstrate the Oline is soon going to need quite a bit of maintenance. We're going to need to invest both draft and FA capital into those positions if we're serious about building a dominant team.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave