Morning thoughts

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think people are underrating that we had zero answer for Cooper Kupp. Didn’t matter if it was third and 2 or 3rd and 8, it was going to Kupp and he was going to convert the 1st down.
So why didn't we have someone bump him at the line and have someone deep?

Everyone knew they were going to Kupp except VJ

Instead he had the DB's playing way off in soft coverage giving Kupp room to run his routes and get open

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
yeah I am not that concerned about our offense against the bucs. I just don't think our defense can handle Brady, Fournette and those WR's. We'd have to outscore them.

Oddly right now I'd rather play the Rams again than the 49ers. The last 4 games might change that for me but SF has won 4 of 5 and 5 of 7(losses to us and Seattle). I think once they concluded Lance is not ready, and they needed to run more the offense has hit its groove, and Bosa and the defense have picked it up beyond the depleted secondary.

Rams have a better QB and Jalen Ramsey and Donald but I would not be surprised at all if SF beats them again

Holy smokes Russ, after the way Stafford Kupp and Donald obliterated us yesterday? Donald especially?

49ers might be hot right now, but we have absolutely no answer any of the Rams' three stars.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s real simple. You knock the stuffing out of Kupp so he can’t be the reason you lose. Damn, the NFL has been forced into softness. Butkus would have made sure that Kupp wasn’t a factor

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Morning thoughts are we lost the turnover battle. That's been the difference between wins and losses all season.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think K1 still needs time to get back to peak football performance after injury imho. Chicago game he coasted by & wasn't asked to do much. Donald & desperate Rams team not ideal way to get back rhythm & timing etc especially in passing game.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s real simple. You knock the stuffing out of Kupp so he can’t be the reason you lose. Damn, the NFL has been forced into softness. Butkus would have made sure that Kupp wasn’t a factor
I'm old school a lot like you

I would have had a guy at the line hitting Kupp to knock him off his route and another behind him

Everyone in the nation knew they were throwing to him, except VJ

I would have brought pressure on Stafford from the first play to get in his head

Doing that and he makes mistakes

Instead we gave him all the time in the world to get comfortable and gain his confidence

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think K1 still needs time to get back to peak football performance after injury imho. Chicago game he coasted by & wasn't asked to do much. Donald & desperate Rams team not ideal way to get back rhythm & timing etc especially in passing game.
Excellent point, and even Kyler said that after the Chicago game. You're not going to knock off rust only throwing the ball 15 times. Tough to take a month off & then have to face that Rams DL. Especially when your OL is a below average one.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when you throw 2 picks, have no TDs and make multiple bad throws that could have been big gainers/TDs, that's a bad game dream. no ifs, ands, buts about it.

No it isn't. 2 picks looks bad when until you see that one was tipped.

He clearly made mistakes, no one can argue that. Look at the rest of the game tape.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehemently disagree. He cost us 3-7 points and gifted the Rams 7. Your QB cannot do that and have an average day.
I vehemently disagree that he 'cost 3-7 points and gifted the Rams 7.' There is a difference between having a bad game, and not having a bad game. The middle is average.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He clearly made mistakes, no one can argue that. Look at the rest of the game tape.
Agree. What he did well certainly far exceeded his mistakes. He had almost 500 yards of offense all by himself. And that was with poor OL play. Problem is that our expectations are ridiculous with Kyler.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree. What he did well certainly far exceeded his mistakes. He had almost 500 yards of offense all by himself. And that was with poor OL play. Problem is that our expectations are ridiculous with Kyler.
When you throw a pic at your goal line when you should have scored and then again on your own side of the field giving the other team less then 30 yard to go for a TD? That’s A bad game and he literally did nothing to make up for that regardless of the stat happy yards he put up. He is personally responsible for 14 point swing. He had a bad game and it is ok to say so. He missed another easy TD to AJ and had another INT dropped. It’s ok to criticize him when he does have a bad game and still love him at the same time.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When you throw a pic at your goal line when you should have scored and then again on your own side of the field giving the other team less then 30 yard to go for a TD? That’s A bad game and he literally did nothing to make up for that regardless of the stat happy yards he put up. He is personally responsible for 14 point swing. He had a bad game and it is ok to say so. He missed another easy TD to AJ and had another INT dropped. It’s ok to criticize him when he does have a bad game and still love him at the same time.
The 1st pick was a tipped pass & kudos to Donald on that play. Otherwise it was a touchdown. The 2nd pick was all his & most of that was because of rust. Rust will do that on a pass that required more touch. Anytime you account for the yardage that he did, then you played very well. Hop is at far more fault than Murray was for this loss. It’s time he started acting like our #1 receiver that we can go to when a play needs to be made. Not sure we’ve seen that guy ALL season.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
The 1st pick was a tipped pass & kudos to Donald on that play. Otherwise it was a touchdown. The 2nd pick was all his & most of that was because of rust. Rust will do that on a pass that required more touch. Anytime you account for the yardage that he did, then you played very well. Hop is at far more fault than Murray was for this loss. It’s time he started acting like our #1 receiver that we can go to when a play needs to be made. Not sure we’ve seen that guy ALL season.

Man, @PACardFAn, you know I'm the biggest Murray fan on this board. Love the kid to death, and I know, I know, he's going to win us a superbowl someday.

But in big games, in big, close, games, he just can't make throws like the one he made for 2nd pick. Those are losing plays. Not just because of field position. Not just because of points, but also momentum, and morale. They suck the life out of the offense, defense, coaching staff, the home crowd, everybody.

Yes, he went into hero mode after that mistake, and he damn near brought us back. Sometimes he will bring the team back from mistakes like that. But it will be against teams like SF or MIN or CLE. Not against an inspired LA side, or TB or Arron Rodgers and GB. The first pick I can live with, although it's still on him. The 2nd put him in goat territory, and the only way out was to get the W, which we didn't do. I'll give you last word if you want it sir. Appreciate your support of Murray.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man, @PACardFAn, you know I'm the biggest Murray fan on this board. Love the kid to death, and I know, I know, he's going to win us a superbowl someday.

But in big games, in big, close, games, he just can't make throws like the one he made for 2nd pick. Those are losing plays. Not just because of field position. Not just because of points, but also momentum, and morale. They suck the life out of the offense, defense, coaching staff, the home crowd, everybody.

Yes, he went into hero mode after that mistake, and he damn near brought us back. Sometimes he will bring the team back from mistakes like that. But it will be against teams like SF or MIN or CLE. Not against an inspired LA side, or TB or Arron Rodgers and GB. The first pick I can live with, although it's still on him. The 2nd put him in goat territory, and the only way out was to get the W, which we didn't do. I'll give you last word if you want it sir. Appreciate your support of Murray.
Not trying to minimize the damage of either interception, but we all expect him to be Superman behind what was a pathetic effort on the part of our OL. For every poor play, he makes 25 great ones. But we somehow don't give him the credit due for the plays he makes that leads us to almost 500 yards of offense. The pass to Green while he was running at 20 mph was just one for the record books. That was a 3rd down conversion & we'd be punting otherwise. With the play of both lines. we're absolutely, positively kidding ourselves if we think we can beat the likes of GB & TB. Are our lines better than last year? Yes. Are they good enough for us to be a legit threat in the playoffs? A resounding NO. And yet, too many on this board will criticize Murray when our playoff run ends. And the truth of the matter is that the right side of our line is absolute trash & Murray continues to have to run for his life against the topnotch teams in this league. Murray makes us 5 games better than where we would be without him, but he alone cannot win a SB here until both our lines get significantly better, especially the OL.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I honestly dont think he played bad the more I watched the film. That was an all time great game from Aaron Donald who took 11 points off the board. However, the 2nd int is so bad that I cant knock anyone for saying he lost us the game. Cause that play did. The Hopkins play after could have said him, but it didnt. And you cant always count on making up for terrible turnovers like that 2nd int.

He made enough big time throws and "how did he do that plays" to feel he'll correct the issues going forward.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I honestly dont think he played bad the more I watched the film. That was an all time great game from Aaron Donald who took 11 points off the board. However, the 2nd int is so bad that I cant knock anyone for saying he lost us the game. Cause that play did. The Hopkins play after could have said him, but it didnt. And you cant always count on making up for terrible turnovers like that 2nd int.

He made enough big time throws and "how did he do that plays" to feel he'll correct the issues going forward.

Kyler didn't "lose" us the game. but he didn't play well. there are shades of gray to the conversation no matter how much some want it to be a black and white issue. he sure as hell didn't play a good game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Because MORAL VICTORIES count in fantasyland! Bad game by kyler. Happens. Sucks.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's 2 plays. 2 plays don't make a bad game with over 400 yards of offense.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because MORAL VICTORIES count in fantasyland! Bad game by kyler. Happens. Sucks.
Moral victories? Talk about moving the goal posts. I am trying to accurately gauge the game play across, you know, the entire game.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's 2 plays. 2 plays don't make a bad game with over 400 yards of offense.

how about missing a WIDE-OPEN Green on a 30 yard TD? Or about how about throwing a bad pass to another WIDE-OPEN Moore who was behind the defense and putting it where he not only had to stop but contort himself to keep him in bounds on that 30 yarder Kyler missed because Moore couldn't stay in bounds?

when 2 plays give a 14 point swing of points and you leave another...

forget it. you're right. yards are what determine who wins NFL football games.

you're like Kevin Green talking trash to the Cowboys telling them the Steelers held the Cowboys to less than 100 yards... AFTER LOSING THE SUPER BOWL.

It's stupid. He had two KILLER turnovers, missed multiple BIG plays, threw for zero touchdowns, had a massive brain-fart at the end of the game with not spiking the ball and we scored 8 points below our average. Heavy wears the crowd for the leader of the offense. He's been the King of it for most of the season and worn it very very well, but on that night, the crown got knocked off.

it happens. doesn't mean he's terrible and will never be good. doesn't even mean he was terrible on Monday night. He wasn't. But he had a below average game and literally everyone who watched and isn't the biggest of Kyler fanboys agree with that, both here and in the media.

Last edited:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

I can't watch any sports shows or anything, so I don't know if the media is talking about Donald's game, but I don't think you're too far off SoonerLou. The Cardinals could have had ten offensive linemen, and they still probably couldn't have stopped him.

The only reason AD didn't have fifty sacks is because trying to catch Kyler is like trying to grab smoke.

But 14 QB hurries has to be some kind of record.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler didn't "lose" us the game. but he didn't play well. there are shades of gray to the conversation no matter how much some want it to be a black and white issue. he sure as hell didn't play a good game.
I never said it was good I just said he wasnt bad.

I think putting up over 400+ yards of offense with bad oline play, no running game, etc in a one score game still counts as decent. Otherwise thats a 3 score beatdown.

He just didnt play good or well enough...for Kyler. Same as when Brady put up 400 yards and lost to the Rams. Still Kyler missed more throws then he has all year. 2nd int was the worst pick of the year for him. It was the play he couldnt make when Donald won over him those two plays that cost touchdowns. Which is why I get it if someone places the blame on him for blowing it/and I kinda do for that play. He's too good to make that int. And he's gotta be greater on those two plays that Donald changed the game in the first half.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard