Wk 14-LA Rams @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 12/6/21-12/12/21

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve lived in LA for 20 years. No one really gives a crap about the Rams. Lakers, Dodgers, USC football all tower over the Rams who are probably about even with the Kings and only above the Chargers as far as fandom and coverage.

Even during their Super Bowl run, the radio talked more about the Lakers and Luke Walton struggling as coach in the lead up to Sunday than they did the Rams.

The Raiders are LA's football team. No Cap

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd say Rams are about on par with the Clippers.

They’re a small step up from the Clips but not much and that’s only a hen they’re really good. Which has been one season since they’ve been back.

There was a decent amount of Rams talk pre-season that got mostly muted once they started getting their asses kicked by every good team they played.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Have a good friend who lives in LA---- says the fans there are a joke. Calls them them the worst bandwagoners hes ever seen. I believe him.

I believe it 100%. Sorry fan base, sorry unis, just plan sorry. I really can't stand that team.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
the only thing i can think of is that Tanner and Walker have more experience playing in the scheme
That would be an excuse to sit every first round pick, hell every draft pick, and virtually every free agent, behind JAGs that have already been on the team. And should still be a concern.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not really, do you go to games? What year? You can say what you want but reading your forums for many years there is many complaints in regards to Rams games and the amount of Rams fans in the stands.

Again do you go to games? As I said I haven’t been in a many years but when I did we had quite a bit of Rams fans in those stands. 10% is a gross understatement. Hell I’m willing to bet this Monday there will be at least 30%.

Ps 6th most popular NFL team in LA? :Dold:Doldokay:thumbup:
My family has had seasons tickets going back to 1988. Anywhere from 1-4 members of my family attended almost every game during that span. Not even the packers or Steelers who travel MUCH BETTER than Rams fans have ever approached 40%, much less an absurd 60%, in the toaster.

And yes, living in the OC for the past 22 years the Rams are 100% behind the dodgers, lakers, USC, Angels, and even raiders still. And may even lag the kings when they’re good.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The rams lose when they get the crap beat out of them.

I'd love a world class bully ball beat down on Monday night but this is McVay, and they may come out very motivated to make up for the last loss.

We have to punch them full throttle in the face on drive 1.
That was definitely a factor in the first game. We bullied them. Hadn’t done that to them in prior seasons. Our defense and Conner are geared to do that to them again if they play their game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I've literally never heard a peep about Rams fans here. That's what happens when a team is bad for 15 years .

I live in LA and have for 5 years. The Rams are less popular than the Lakers, Dodgers, Raiders, USC...so maybe they are 5th, but Kings have a robust fan base in LA as well.

Rams aren't even close in fandom to the top 4.
Lol. We totally came to the same conclusion on teams independently.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Lol. We totally came to the same conclusion on teams independently.
Yep, and its from observation.

LA metro area was pretty saturated with sports teams, its hard for any new team to break through.

LAFC is doing a great job. Tremendous atmosphere for a game. Rams game was more about presentation. Fans weren't loud at all.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would be sweet to win division but would rather cards host another banner in stadium :)