Kyler is feeling better and hoping to play....

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's literally already that guy. Barely running and destroying guys from the pocket

But He’s been that guy for seven games Chris. And my comment is really directed at those who seem to think the only way he should be back in the field is if he can escape the pocket with his legs. His legs are a luxury but to be honest, shouldn’t be depended on as a reason to keep him off the field because he can’t escape the pocket with ease.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And when he plays Sunday it will just further show how this injury report is poop

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or...

He actually had a 6-8 week injury and it's all been bullpoop til this week.

And he was absolutely nuclear from the pocket last year. Best deep passer in the NFL.

And a mediocre (at best) mid-range passer. Also, was a guy who once his legs were taken away from him because he didn’t want to run and injure his shoulder, saw his passing numbers go down and the offense bog down in the ugly 3-6 stretch.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Packers screwed up.... we are a game up on them. Need to stay that way.
So if the kid can stand in the pocket and pass he needs to play. If his ankle isn’t a hundred percent he needs to take it upon himself to not do things that aggravate it further.... no Khalil Mack, bears defense is ripe for shredding right now

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
False. I have already ran the analytics on his historical completion percentage and predicted the 70% season.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frankly, I'm sick of this. Same bs week after week. Enough already. Either play or don't. We're not freaking 3rd graders. Neither are the opposing coaches. oooohhh, the Bears might have to prepare for 2 different QB's... oooohhh. Whatever... just call it ok?
On Sunday, he will either play, or he won't. I really don't think it's very important to the team to let YOU know. And they very likely still don't know for sure. It's not in the team's interest to make a definitive statement one way or the other, especially if their best guess today turns out to be incorrect on Sunday. So, it is what it is. Wait, and see. :shrug:

...dave

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Sunday, he will either play, or he won't. I really don't think it's very important to the team to let YOU know. And they very likely still don't know for sure. It's not in the team's interest to make a definitive statement one way or the other, especially if their best guess today turns out to be incorrect on Sunday. So, it is what it is. Wait, and see. :shrug:

...dave

I was merely blowing off steam.. But I think KK should text me personally to let me know exactly what the deal is. Mainly because I've always been an entitled and whiney little boy and I expect to get my way. I should be privy because I'm a spoiled brat who deserves it.
It's 36 hours before the game and we, the fans should also be given some level of respect. Coach can reach me anytime at
BR-549.

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
Frankly, I'm sick of this. Same bs week after week. Enough already. Either play or don't. We're not freaking 3rd graders. Neither are the opposing coaches. oooohhh, the Bears might have to prepare for 2 different QB's... oooohhh. Whatever... just call it ok?
My thoughts exactly!
It’s annoying

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was merely blowing off steam.. But I think KK should text me personally to let me know exactly what the deal is. Mainly because I've always been an entitled and whiney little boy and I expect to get my way. I should be privy because I'm a spoiled brat who deserves it.
It's 36 hours before the game and we, the fans should also be given some level of respect. Coach can reach me anytime at
BR-549.
The 1st step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Or...

He actually had a 6-8 week injury and it's all been bullpoop til this week.

And he was absolutely nuclear from the pocket last year. Best deep passer in the NFL.
It’s just unprecedented to me for a QB to have an injury that long that isn’t a shoulder. That’s what I have a problem with. If he’s 80% with his legs, he’s helping the team more by being a pocket passer.

I think he doesn’t want to play if he’s not feeling 100% everywhere. We’ve seen this every season he’s been a professional. You’re never gonna be 100% after seven NFL games, kid.

It doesn’t matter how nuclear Kyler Murray can be for short stints if he won’t grit through a season and be effective. Three years running and no 4k passing season.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s just unprecedented to me for a QB to have an injury that long that isn’t a shoulder. That’s what I have a problem with. If he’s 80% with his legs, he’s helping the team more by being a pocket passer.

I think he doesn’t want to play if he’s not feeling 100% everywhere. We’ve seen this every season he’s been a professional. You’re never gonna be 100% after seven NFL games, kid.

It doesn’t matter how nuclear Kyler Murray can be for short stints if he won’t grit through a season and be effective. Three years running and no 4k passing season.

He wanted to play last game and was told no.

How much of this is Kliff versus Kyler who knows.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He wanted to play last game and was told no.

How much of this is Kliff versus Kyler who knows.

We actually don’t know if he wanted to play and was told no last week. That could very easily be spin from the team.

Your second sentence is more accurate and actually undercuts the first definitive statement.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The unfounded, by available facts, doubts and slings at Kylers character will never die. We could win the super bowl and if he got hurt next year and missed more than two games the "he's fragile and scared" opinions would come right back.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The unfounded, by available facts, doubts and slings at Kylers character will never die. We could win the super bowl and if he got hurt next year and missed more than two games the "he's fragile and scared" opinions would come right back.
Well, it seems like a non sequitur since winning the super bowl would have little to do with his durability.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he probably had a high ankle sprain all along and the team was hoping he'd heal faster so they said mid ankle sprain.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. So stupid. If he were to not want to play it means he’s hurting. Not soft, not afraid or anything else.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Everyone has a different threshold

Would Rogers' broken toe keep Kyler out? We don't know how bad his ankle was.

It's not the be all and end all either. Baker is playing through pain but it's not helping the Browns. Kyler sitting and freshening up rather than soldiering on might be the best thing for him, Colt and us.

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
Everyone has a different threshold

Would Rogers' broken toe keep Kyler out? We don't know how bad his ankle was.

It's not the be all and end all either. Baker is playing through pain but it's not helping the Browns. Kyler sitting and freshening up rather than soldiering on might be the best thing for him, Colt and us.
Then let’s just keep him out for a few more games!…Imagine how healthy and fresh he could be then. I’m sure Colt will be just fine.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose