Suns @ Warriors Friday game thread 12-3-2021

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
W's announcers talking about CP3 having played against both GP and GP2. Apparently after the first game CP3 said to him you don't talk as much as your dad did!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Final:

Warriors 118 - Suns 96

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
We were number 1 on the NBA Power poll for one day, at least!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some final stats as Suns winning streak comes to an end after 18 games.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
said GP2 spent literally hours after the last game working on the corner 3 because the Suns dared him to shoot it last game and he knew he had to be able to make it

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
This WCF matchup is going to come down to home court. If Klay is 85% his old self I think they will be too tough defensively. Wiseman is a wild card but could end up being a negative player in a big series.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had to turn on the subtitles for teh W's postgame. Chris Mullin's NY accent still too thick

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This WCF matchup is going to come down to home court. If Klay is 85% his old self I think they will be too tough defensively. Wiseman is a wild card but could end up being a negative player in a big series.

I sure hope that's the WCF both because it means the Warriors get that far and because I'd love to see a 7 game series with these 2 teams

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This game showed thst the Suns need another outside shooter besides Booker.

I think ite showed how much worse we need another creator/shot maker than shooter.

It also underscored the point again that Bridges can be completely taken out of a game on one side of the court. That’s could be an Achilles heel for this team against the best of the best down the road.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wiggins has gotten better over the last few years. He looks much better now than he did when the Warriors first traded for him. I think similar to Ayton he is seen as constantly underachieving due to draft position.
Yeah... Wiggins was at least a 24 ppg scorer at one point. Ayton hasn’t even sniffed any kind of production like that.

Reality is they’ve both gotten shade because both of them have a lot of “looks like Tarzan, Plays Like Jane” to their game. Both have the tools to dominate but not the killer instinct to do so.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam Payne was 3-17 from the field for 7 points.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think ite showed how much worse we need another creator/shot maker than shooter.

It also underscored the point again that Bridges can be completely taken out of a game on one side of the court. That’s could be an Achilles heel for this team against the best of the best down the road.
All our young guys need to be more consistent on both ends of the court. Bridges has been elevating his game. Payne and Johnson need to elevate their games, too. Hopefully they work on that this long season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All our young guys need to be more consistent on both ends of the court. Bridges has been elevating his game. Payne and Johnson need to elevate their games, too. Hopefully they work on that this long season.

Bridges has been elevating his game on ONE side of the court. And shrinking more and more on offense.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah... Wiggins was at least a 24 ppg scorer at one point. Ayton hasn’t even sniffed any kind of production like that.

Reality is they’ve both gotten shade because both of them have a lot of “looks like Tarzan, Plays Like Jane” to their game. Both have the tools to dominate but not the killer instinct to do so.

Yeah he got 24 points a game on like 20 shots attempted a game. Lol that’s not a good thing

Ayton is much more efficient but yeah if Ayton scored 24 points and needed 20 shots to do it this board would blow up with hate

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Cam Payne was 3-17 from the field for 7 points.
Payne and Mcgee were absolutely awful tonight. Can't have that when a) shorthanded and b) playing a damn good team who is ridiculously good at home.

That said, the team was obviously exhausted. Ah well. End 1 streak, now start a new one

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Payne and Mcgee were absolutely awful tonight. Can't have that when a) shorthanded and b) playing a damn good team who is ridiculously good at home.

That said, the team was obviously exhausted. Ah well. End 1 streak, now start a new one

Things weren't clicking for the Suns tonight, not much bounce in their step and not hitting shots. No excuse but all good things must come to an end.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Yeah he got 24 points a game on like 20 shots attempted a game. Lol that’s not a good thing

Ayton is much more efficient but yeah if Ayton scored 24 points and needed 20 shots to do it this board would blow up with hate
Lol too late

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well sad w streak over but ok effort without book... i think if book played suns win

Green leaf hit wink to awesome 18 gms!!!

Goooi suns this team goin far

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Well that was disappointing. First though, gotta say - Chase Center is STUNNING! Wow! What an arena! They really did an amazing job with that arena!

The Suns looked tired and out of it from the opening tip.
It’s clear to me that all things being equal, the Warriors are the better team. We just don’t have enough depth. Cam Payne should never be playing 26 mins in a game. But, if not him, who? He and Cam Johnson sucked tonight. But so did CP3. And Bridges. And McGee. Just flat and ugly.
So the Warriors will get Klay and Wiseman back. And we’ll get Book back. But again, all things being equal, is getting Book back will be a big help, but not enough IMO to overcome what the Warriors bring to the party…