Oklahoma Targeting Kliff Kingsbury for HC Vacancy

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Likely pre-judging him based off his time at Tech. He was a middle of the road play caller during his last year or so. It also didnt help that Rhule walked into Baylor and turned them around so fast.

Current Kliff would be great in terms of offense. I just worry about the recruiting. Lincoln could really sell.

Kliff knows the NFL is where he fits best. This is all his agent trying to get more money.

OU currently has a lot of committed players from Southern Cali. Riley is going to probably keep some of them.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No way you spends 6 months a year recruiting! And no way his new girlfriend let's him do that!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oklahoma fans don’t even want him.
From a couple of boards, I didn't even see his name mentioned by anybody. Those fans are talking about Fickell the most.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Michigan st just extended their coach for 10 yrs/95 million. College football pays better than the league, if you’re one of those guys. I think Its safe to say kliff could command that kind of dough.
Harbaugh has the personality to coach Michigan, KK does not have the personality for Oklahoma.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Harbaugh has the personality to coach Michigan, KK does not have the personality for Oklahoma.
Not true. Kliff is a Texas guy and has connections there and in Oklahoma.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Michigan st just extended their coach for 10 yrs/95 million. College football pays better than the league, if you’re one of those guys. I think Its safe to say kliff could command that kind of dough.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Value of Kingsbury’s current contract: $10 mil

Mel Tucker at MSU: $95 mil.

Imagine what Oklahoma will be willing to pay its next coach.

This all depends on if Kliff’s preference for the NFL can be swayed by money. Plus, would Bidwill be willing to give Kliff an 8-10 year contract worth $80-$100 mil? It’s possible that that’s what the dollar amount would be for OU’s next coach

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not true. Kliff is a Texas guy and has connections there and in Oklahoma.
KK has a West Coast vibe, not a Midwestern vibe. IMHO, his personality doesn't fit here. It also didn't fit IMHO at TT. I also couldn't see him coaching the Steelers.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Kliff absolutely hated recruiting, and, he hated the aspect of being responsible for ~100 sub 21 year old males on a college campus

he isnt going back to college

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just as you start learning how to coach in the NFL, you go back to college? Not happening. IMO.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Kliff absolutely hated recruiting, and, he hated the aspect of being responsible for ~100 sub 21 year old males on a college campus

he isnt going back to college
Urban Meyer has no business in the NFL (in fact, I believe he loathed the idea) but I can give you 15 million reasons a year why he is. I’ve taken gigs for $450 a day over the $550 because the work at $450 was better for me, but when I’m offered $1200 a day, I do whatever they ask me to do and be whatever they want me to be. Nobody forfeits $50 million over a 10 year period because you like the weather in PV better than OK, or because you have to manage 21 yr olds instead of 25 yr olds… cards will need to pony up.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I can't believe the taxpayers of these overburdened states would be willing to shell out 10 million dollars per year of taxpayer money to a local college football coach, while highways crumble and schools fall apart and police and firemen do without.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Urban Meyer has no business in the NFL (in fact, I believe he loathed the idea) but I can give you 15 million reasons a year why he is. I’ve taken gigs for $450 a day over the $550 because the work at $450 was better for me, but when I’m offered $1200 a day, I do whatever they ask me to do and be whatever they want me to be. Nobody forfeits $50 million over a 10 year period because you like the weather in PV better than OK, or because you have to manage 21 yr olds instead of 25 yr olds… cards will need to pony up.
the Cards will have to pony up, no question

i just dont see KK taking a college job again

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
I can't believe the taxpayers of these overburdened states would be willing to shell out 10 million dollars per year of taxpayer money to a local college football coach, while highways crumble and schools fall apart and police and firemen do without.

USC is a private school.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's a matter of what is considered most important. I'm guessing football.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a matter of what is considered most important. I'm guessing football.
Athletics, from what I understand, can not take taxpayer funds directly. There are fees universities charge, which the students and the families bear, often not even fully aware what they are paying for. But, big time schools.... it's all about the boosters really.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose