The Wheel of Time (Amazon Prime)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Just kidding. Will it really take three episodes to get into this? I don’t have that kind of attention span anymore for really anything but would love a new binge.
If you’re not a book reader you may dig it. It’s the closest to the GOT style that has come out yet. A lot happens and that first episode does have some problems but it improves dramatically starting with episode 2.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Even with this moving at a fast pace I’m finding it a slog. Too many characters without much development. I’m sure if you read the books you know who, and what, they are all are. But for someone that didn’t this is what I got:

A blue woman sorcerer who seems nicer than the red ones.
Her ninja buddy
Too good looking mannequin boring guy
The girl who likes the mannequin
Guy who kills wife but doesn’t seem to broken up about it
Smart alec with no depth
Cool screaming Voldemort without eyes
Kinda dumb looking minions
A bunch of guys in white sheets who are not nice

One of the four boring characters is the key to salvation.

That’s what I’ve got through 2 episodes.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Even with this moving at a fast pace I’m finding it a slog. Too many characters without much development. I’m sure if you read the books you know who, and what, they are all are. But for someone that didn’t this is what I got:

A blue woman sorcerer who seems nicer than the red ones.
Her ninja buddy
Too good looking mannequin boring guy
The girl who likes the mannequin
Guy who kills wife but doesn’t seem to broken up about it
Smart alec with no depth
Cool screaming Voldemort without eyes
Kinda dumb looking minions
A bunch of guys in white sheets who are not nice

One of the four boring characters is the key to salvation.

That’s what I’ve got through 2 episodes.
Each episode is better than the previous one, so keep watching.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Wow, A LOT of changes from the books in this episode. Not sure what I think about it.

Luciano

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Rosamund Pike gave herself a lot of minutes in this episode !

Moraine got fired and she sleeping with the boss, still get infos and goes with all potential dragons but one in that dark door that is likely a trap.

Rand is the dragon for me.

Only 2 episodes left to figure out what is actually happening

This part priceless :
“Siuan Sanche waits for ONE woman…..and it’s not you”

Mat, WTF man…

Luciano

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Forgot,

Nynaeve is leaning a little too much into this "being an *******" thing.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Rosamund Pike gave herself a lot of minutes in this episode !

Moraine got fired and she sleeping with the boss, still get infos and goes with all potential dragons but one in that dark door that is likely a trap.

Rand is the dragon for me.

Only 2 episodes left to figure out what is actually happening

This part priceless :
“Siuan Sanche waits for ONE woman…..and it’s not you”

Mat, WTF man…
Don't you think you should spoilerize some of that? LOL

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This episode was so yawn-worthy. Not that there isn't anything good in there, but that they streeeeeetched moments out soooooo loooooong. Felt like the production side went to the writing side and said there's only cash to make 7 1/2 episodes, so they should just fill up space. Of course, it didn't help that I thought this was a 6-episode season and that this was the finale lol

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not a good sign that I don’t know a single characters name and reading spoilers above does zero to refresh them for me.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Also this: other than making women the mostly “powerful” ones - and I out that in quotes bc it still seems like the white warriors kill them whenever they want to) this just seems like another dungeons and dragons type show with nothing unique about it. Whatever made the books special isn’t shining through here.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also this: other than making women the mostly “powerful” ones - and I out that in quotes bc it still seems like the white warriors kill them whenever they want to) this just seems like another dungeons and dragons type show with nothing unique about it. Whatever made the books special isn’t shining through here.
I know it has a lot of fans but despite really wanting to love it I struggled with the books and finally gave up after he released book 6 or 7. To me, it was the most derivative fantasy series I'd ever come across, even more so than Shannara (which I did like).

It wasn't horrible by any means, it's just that everything I came across in that series I'd come across earlier in other books and in my opinion, the earlier authors did it better. I didn't find Jordan's story lines compelling nor did I find. most of his characters all that interesting. So, if you decide to read them to fill in the gaps, don't be shocked if you don't see anything special shining through the books either.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
Wow, A LOT of changes from the books in this episode. Not sure what I think about it.
I didn't like this episode. Too many unnecessary changes and it didn't go anywhere. I would have rather had more dialogue on what happened to Matt and the dagger than the entire waste of time between Siuan and Morraine (which does nothing for the story progression). Plus, Padan Fain could have entered the scene and furthered the dagger story.

Casual fans have to be bored out of their minds over the last two episodes. I feel like they could have easily combined the last two into one. I'm hopeful the next episode more than makes up for it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I didn't like this episode. Too many unnecessary changes and it didn't go anywhere. I would have rather had more dialogue on what happened to Matt and the dagger than the entire waste of time between Siuan and Morraine (which does nothing for the story progression). Plus, Padan Fain could have entered the scene and furthered the dagger story.

Casual fans have to be bored out of their minds over the last two episodes. I feel like they could have easily combined the last two into one. I'm hopeful the next episode more than makes up for it.
Completely disagree. Their scene is all about their characters AND story progression. It was necessary for appearances for Moiraine to be banished but there needed to be something that shows the two are working together and they planned this.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I read about half of the books a long time ago, just kind of got burned out on them. I don't remember a lot of details from the books, my retention is not great in that area. But, so far, I am liking the show and my wife, who didn't read the books, is really digging it.

It does drag in parts but overall it is pretty entertaining.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
Completely disagree. Their scene is all about their characters AND story progression. It was necessary for appearances for Moiraine to be banished but there needed to be something that shows the two are working together and they planned this.
Yes, but their characters aren't that important to the overall story. Siuan is barely mentioned in book 1 and only becomes a minor part much much later. As the books continuously point out: all the Aes Sedai scheming is all for naught anway. So why waste precious time on side stuff when we haven't even established the key characters yet. As Ouchi eludes to, most people don't even know the MAIN characters yet.

This is supposed to be a story about the Dragon Reborn and how each of his friends are sucked into being ta'veren. Not about Morraine, Warders, and the White tower. Right now she's utterly dominating screen time (1:28 for Morraine and the next closest goes to 1:02 for Rand). That is going too far off the beaten path of the book, which was 100% Rand.

Obviously, as we approach the Eye of the World, things should shift.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yes, but their characters aren't that important to the overall story. Siuan is barely mentioned in book 1 and only becomes a minor part much much later. As the books continuously point out: all the Aes Sedai scheming is all for naught anway. So why waste precious time on side stuff when we haven't even established the key characters yet. As Ouchi eludes to, most people don't even know the MAIN characters yet.

This is supposed to be a story about the Dragon Reborn and how each of his friends are sucked into being ta'veren. Not about Morraine, Warders, and the White tower. Right now she's utterly dominating screen time (1:28 for Morraine and the next closest goes to 1:02 for Rand). That is going too far off the beaten path of the book, which was 100% Rand.

Your mistake is thinking this is a straight adaptation. It isn’t.

Oh and episode 7 is one of the best in the series.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I don’t even know who Rand is.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don’t even know who Rand is.
I’m probably a good litmus test for how this being received by the rest of the world (non-book readers). I love fantasy fiction. So this excited when it was announced and I heard the books had a big following. And I’ve continued to watch despite being a little lost and bored. I thought the final episode was good.

Luciano

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The books have as much insufferable teen drama between adults who don't even like each other ?

Padan Fain is up to no good likely helping the Trollocs using the ways.
100% a darkfriend

Liandrin bo*tycall is likely a darkfriend too.

Perrin always looks sad.

If those girls fight like that pregnant , how they ever loose a battle when they are not ?

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
Your mistake is thinking this is a straight adaptation. It isn’t.

Oh and episode 7 is one of the best in the series.
You were right about episode 7... so good. Great back story on Lan and the speed up on Nynaeve and his relationship was well done. The Rand flashbacks were well timed and much needed. The flow of the story seems to be back on pace.

I'm impressed with the sets. Tar Valon and Fal Dara looked great. They really did a good job bringing them to light. The Ways looked so cool too.

Not a fan of the Min casting. First time I haven't liked their casting selection.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
The books have as much insufferable teen drama between adults who don't even like each other ?

Padan Fain is up to no good likely helping the Trollocs using the ways.
100% a darkfriend

Liandrin bo*tycall is likely a darkfriend too.

Perrin always looks sad.

If those girls fight like that pregnant , how they ever loose a battle when they are not ?
They don't. Aiel are the most dangerous warriors in WoT. And if you think the pregnant women are tough, you should see the old women (not kidding).

Luciano

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
“I’ve waited in my room for an hour for you to come and apologize”
Egwene is one of those girlfriends…

RUN Rand !

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose