2019 1st round pick is QB Kyler Murray

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think more than anything when it comes to Murray is he just looks way more confident out there. There is no second guessing and holding on to the ball until the opportunity has already passed.
What I loved about the Rams game is that while Murray had a few plays where he was scrambling around evading pressure, there was also quite a few times where Murray had all day to throw the ball.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that the Niners defense was taking away some of those passes.

Demeco Ryans looks like he'll get a head coaching job in the near future.

I watched "49er talk" yesterday on local cable. They were saying the 49ers did a really good job of containing Murray on the outside and then getting pressure up inside to make stepping up harder. The guys on the outside weren't really going for sacks they were just trying to contain him and wait for him to "spin out". I actually thought Garcia played fairly well but Matt Maiocco was saying after Hudson left the game it was quite obvious the 49ers were able to get more pressure inside.

At the presser Murray was asked about not getting 30 points and said "those guys are good, really good, you're not getting 30 points every week, those guys are REALLY good."

I don't think it's any blueprint though most teams don't have the level of talent in their front 4 that the 49ers do.

Also they made a good point for much of the game the 49ers were almost doubled up on us in time of possession. In the end it somewhat evened out but that was a big factor because it meant the 49ers were able to play their starting DL . Armstead and Bosa played 69% of the snaps, Kinlaw 59%. That's actually lower than in previous games but it was because they played 9 guys and got good performances out of 8 of them based on their film reviews. one site I found said 3 of the 4 backups actually had higher grades than the starters, the only starter who outperformed his backup was Armstead. So we didn't have the ball enough to wear them out and in particular they were always able to keep fresh linemen in the game.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I watched "49er talk" yesterday on local cable. They were saying the 49ers did a really good job of containing Murray on the outside and then getting pressure up inside to make stepping up harder. The guys on the outside weren't really going for sacks they were just trying to contain him and wait for him to "spin out". I actually thought Garcia played fairly well but Matt Maiocco was saying after Hudson left the game it was quite obvious the 49ers were able to get more pressure inside.

At the presser Murray was asked about not getting 30 points and said "those guys are good, really good, you're not getting 30 points every week, those guys are REALLY good."

I don't think it's any blueprint though most teams don't have the level of talent in their front 4 that the 49ers do.

Also they made a good point for much of the game the 49ers were almost doubled up on us in time of possession. In the end it somewhat evened out but that was a big factor because it meant the 49ers were able to play their starting DL . Armstead and Bosa played 69% of the snaps, Kinlaw 59%. That's actually lower than in previous games but it was because they played 9 guys and got good performances out of 8 of them based on their film reviews. one site I found said 3 of the 4 backups actually had higher grades than the starters, the only starter who outperformed his backup was Armstead. So we didn't have the ball enough to wear them out and in particular they were always able to keep fresh linemen in the game.
Yeah, and they're receivers were "plastering" Cardinals receivers, a term I've never heard before, but apparently it's a technique where when the QB is escaping the pocket, the DBs get close to the receivers and put their hands on them essentially.

That's why there was a ton of uncalled defensive holding on their DBs. I saw it all game long.

What's funny is that over at the 49erswebzone, they were complaining about all the offensive line holds and how that really influenced the game. I was laughing because I watched Trent Williams holding Chandler Jones all game and their receivers getting away with a ton of defensive holds and PIs. I've found that complaining about uncalled penalties influencing the game is the battle cry of the loser fan.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Not sure where to put this, but it's pretty funny. Has to do with Kyler's baby Yoda celebration.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Just think how close we were to having Josh Rosen QBing this team for the last 3 years, and us having arguments still today regarding if we should give him one more year to improve before starting over with a new QB.
Ooohhh I don’t think there’s be many arguments if we all agreed he should be gone. Only the most homers of homer’s would’ve been supporting him.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Ooohhh I don’t think there’s be many arguments if we all agreed he should be gone. Only the most homers of homer’s would’ve been supporting him.

At the time I remember it being closer to 50/50 wondering why we should take another qb when Rosen didn't really have a fair shot in seeing what he could do with decent players around him. But my memory is isn't very good any more.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
I think he’d rather run out of bounds for a two yard loss than throw an incompletion since completion percentage is more of a comp in MVP voting. I’m totally cool with that. Dude hates incompletions.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he’d rather run out of bounds for a two yard loss than throw an incompletion since completion percentage is more of a comp in MVP voting. I’m totally cool with that. Dude hates incompletions.

In his first or second game he was rolling out and tried to throw it away and threw an awful pick on the sidelines.

My personal belief is he would rather have a dozen 2 yard losses then to risk another game changing pick like that.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
At the time I remember it being closer to 50/50 wondering why we should take another qb when Rosen didn't really have a fair shot in seeing what he could do with decent players around him. But my memory is isn't very good any more.
It may have been, but it really wouldn’t have been by end of year 2 and by end of year 3 I don’t think he’s still on the team.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Judging by what happened with Sam Darnold I dont think Rosen would have got to that 4th year. Especially with this being a heavy QB draft.

We probably draft Fields or Mac Jones. Likely Fields.

And I think that guy has talent. And no matter how critical I've been of Kliff looking at Nagy makes me thankful Kyler didnt have to go through that. Even though it had its rough patches every now and then those 1st two years.

Whats happening with the Bears right now is what people expected during Kyler's rookie year with Kliff.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Kyler's poor rushing and running to sacks has dropped him to 86.5 overall. Even despite being 15th last year (I think he was top 10 before the shoulder injury) his running was so absurdly good that he still had a top 10 grade.

If he can get back to knowing when to run, oline blocks a bit better and throws it away more the offense will really take off.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's funny is that Murray may not win the MVP this year because our defense is throttling opposing offenses. His Q4 stats are terrible because it's always garbage time, and we're running out the clock.

And I am 100% okay with that. :)
We don’t need him winning MVP anyways just helps his negotiations for even more money :)

The only award I want him using as an excuse for more money is a Super Bowl championship.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard