Robert Sarver is in Big Trouble (ANNOUNCES SALE PROCESS)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am ANYTHING other than a Sarver defender but if this isn't true? There is irreparable damage. Once you put something out there that even has a slight chance or hint of truth? Sarver is stuck with it forever. When you bring up sexual harassments or racism? Someone will always believe it.

This might be Sarver's death bed owning the Suns no matter what. I would think Sarver wouldn't want to impact the players or the organization. He will lose out on FA opportunities, trade opportunities, advertising opportunities and fan revenue opportunities no matter what IMO. It would have to be an ironclad exoneration.

Outside of an ironclad exoneration, I am predicting Sarver is gone after the dust settles.

P.S. They are now saying the story won't drop until next week?!!?

Wow.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The guy that is going to drop the story will be on soon on the radio. I am sure he won't drop too many details but we will get a better idea of what is in this story and what evidence they have.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The guy that is going to drop the story will be on soon on the radio. I am sure he won't drop too many details but we will get a better idea of what is in this story and what evidence they have.
If this is true, I hope they have more evidence than some statements from disgruntled former employees.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
i'm starting to wonder if it's really that much of a smoking gun? the gruden thing just DROPPED. there was no hype for it beforehand... and usually isn't for stories like these because whoever's written them don't want the person the story is about to get ahead of it like the Suns just did.

bombshell stories usually just explode... you don't see someone lighting the wick as everyone watches with baited breath until it goes boom.

maybe this is kinda a little ado about nothing?
This could very well be the case. Does seem odd to just tease a story coming. Feels like the lead up to the UofA death sentence bombshells which never really seemed to come. Yeah lots of smoke, but no real inferno as we were kinda lead to believe.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

On Arizona Sports?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I am ANYTHING other than a Sarver defender but if this isn't true? There is irreparable damage. Once you put something out there that even has a slight chance or hint of truth? Sarver is stuck with it forever. When you bring up sexual harassments or racism? Someone will always believe it.

This might be Sarver's death bed owning the Suns no matter what. I would think Sarver wouldn't want to impact the players or the organization. He will lose out on FA opportunities, trade opportunities, advertising opportunities and fan revenue opportunities no matter what IMO. It would have to be an ironclad exoneration.

Outside of an ironclad exoneration, I am predicting Sarver is gone after the dust settles.

P.S. They are now saying the story won't drop until next week?!!?
Great. Yeah. Let’s drag this out.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This could very well be the case. Does seem odd to just tease a story coming. Feels like the lead up to the UofA death sentence bombshells which never really seemed to come. Yeah lots of smoke, but no real inferno as we were kinda lead to believe.

This was going through my mind as well.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns are claiming they have "Documented Evidence" to refute the story. How the hell do they have so much detail that they have evidence to refute the entire story? I am starting to believe the Suns leaked this themselves as well.

What?!?!?!?

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This may be a stupid question but here goes.

If this guy is a sexist racist, how did Larry get mixed up with him?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns are claiming they have "Documented Evidence" to refute the story. How the hell do they have so much detail that they have evidence to refute the entire story? I am starting to believe the Suns leaked this themselves as well.

What?!?!?!?

Journalists are supposed to come to all sides and ask for comment before they publish, so the Suns had some notice and time to circle the wagons.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

A lot of people are one thing to a group of public people and different behind closed doors. It’s like asking how Charles Woodson could defend and love Jon Gruden, IMO.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Elgin Baylor worked in Donald Sterling's front office for like 30 years. People don't show others all their sides.

The sexism and harassment stuff does not surprise me, Sarver has always seemed like an entitled toad, but the racism... they better have something concrete on that.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Journalists are supposed to come to all sides and ask for comment before they publish, so the Suns had some notice and time to circle the wagons.
Yes, but I guarantee they didn't share all the interviews, details and documentation. Typically they throw-out the allegations and ask for comment. No way they turned over all their evidence which is why the Suns statement is curious.

Also, the Suns are now attacking the reporter. They are saying this reporter has a history of hack jobs. They are also saying that this reporter harassed Suns employees for this story. That is likely how they first got wind of this story.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, but I guarantee they didn't share all the interviews, details and documentation. Typically they throw-out the allegations and ask for comment. No way they turned over all their evidence which is why the Suns statement is curious.

Also, the Suns are now attacking the reporter. They are saying this reporter has a history of hack jobs. They are also saying that this reporter harassed Suns employees for this story.

Perhaps some of this stuff is accusations that were already made in-house.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort