Cardinals @ Browns postgame thread

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Officials and announcers we're very bad.

JJ Watt proves he can carry a team. Marcus Golden crashes the party. Starting to thing Peterson is unneeded on this team. Simmons is starting to look like a Pro Bowler. Kyler is the best blend of a running and passing QB in a long time -- sky is the limit for this guy.

Chandler Jones is not going to get the amount he wants in free agency... At least front the Cards.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
I was wrong on Jordan Philips. He made a good impact on the run defense today, he clogged the middle when he is on the field. Credit to him.
To see him and Jordan Hicks (!) start to pay dividends says much for Steve Keim. Throw in the Marco Wilson- Rondale Moore draft, and he is a top-5 GM in a record turnaround.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Obviously the Browns were down guys, both tackles, one RB out the other clearly not 100%, they lose OBJ for awhile etc but seemed like we heard that all game from FOX and very little about us playing without Jones, Allen and Peters up front on defense and without Hudson and Maxx on offense? I was impressed, clearly Cleveland is a better team than the one we played today but for us to dominate this thoroughly on the road with the Covid issues etc that's impressive.
I think the intelligence level of the announcers prevented them from studying more than one team. They figured the Browns would win so they chose them. They were wrong. Also Sanchez is an idiot

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In over 50 years of following this team I have NEVER been so wrong.

What impressed me the most today was we put up 37 pts. ( could have been 50!) and we looked like we struggled.

We look like the good teams we use to play when we would hang in there, hang in there and end up losing a game by 20pts.

The game plans have been impeccable. We took advantage of their tackles not playing.

Another thing I'm impressed with is closing out the game running the ball. Many were concerned about our lack of a running game. It's important to run the ball when you have to run the ball.

Kyler have officially come of age.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

What impressed me the most today was we put up 37 pts. ( could have been 50!) and we looked like we struggled.

We look like the good teams we use to play when we would hang in there, hang in there and end up losing a game by 20pts.

The game plans have been impeccable. We took advantage of their tackles not playing.

Another thing I'm impressed with is closing out the game running the ball. Many were concerned about our lack of a running game. It's important to run the ball when you have to run the ball.

Great post Slan. Our rushing attack with Chase and Conner is flying completely under the radar right now, which is perfect.

And it's weird, but I have to agree with you. On some drives it looks like such a struggle for Murray and the offense. Like four fumbles today.. that was crazy. He's so good, but I always feel like he could play a little better. I don't remember ever really feeling that way about Palmer or Warner (I mean there was just either good Kurt or bad Kurt).

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
I think the intelligence level of the announcers prevented them from studying more than one team. They figured the Browns would win so they chose them. They were wrong. Also Sanchez is an idiot
I think Sanchez is competing for the dumbest guy on air. Last time I can remember someone as out of touch is Magic Johnson's three game announcing career during the Suns' three game backdoor sweep of the Lakers.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Same to the 1000th power.

The truly great thing about how this offense is killing people is that this is happening without Kyler needing to go crazy with his legs.

He now looks SUPER comfortable in the pocket, the line gives him time and he is carving up Ds. Also, he’s gotten SOOOOOO much better throwing on the run.

It’s awesome. It’s all awesome right now.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Watch these assclowns analyze the game. Absolutely hilarious. First, all 8 of their "panel of experts" gets the game wrong. Now this first chump goes on and on about the Cardinals and their "luck" in having so few injuries. What a joke! But I love it! Keep dishing out the disrespect, it's a powerful motivator.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Did you get the Fox coverage?

Mark Sanchez sucks. He made a point to talk about the Cards' "four-headed rushing attack", consisting of Conner, Edmonds, Moore, and Christian Kirk.

Kirk has one rushing attempt in six games. :shrug:
He also talked about greasing up a salmon with Vaseline as an allegory for Rondale Moore's running style. Truly an odd man.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the OPI on D Hop, I honestly don't know the answer if the ball is uncatchable can it be OPI? That seemed to be what D Hop and the cards bench was arguing that ball was totally uncatchable. If it's defense being uncatchable they wave it off is that the same with offense?

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Anyone have a update on Darrell Daniels and the hamstring? That Ertz trade is looking even better rn

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the OPI on D Hop, I honestly don't know the answer if the ball is uncatchable can it be OPI? That seemed to be what D Hop and the cards bench was arguing that ball was totally uncatchable. If it's defense being uncatchable they wave it off is that the same with offense?
Good question

And with all the hands on WR's by the DB's on both sides that was a weak call IMO

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson