2021 Training Camp Thread

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He’s back thankfully
Early/preseason obviously. They are using him a lot like Moore.

The one thing I ultimately wonder about both is what will their ypc ultimately end up. Waddle was a deep threat at Bama so its likely his will be higher. However, I am curious if getting guys the ball in space only gets them with 8 or 9 YPC really as worth it as you'd hope.

Preseason though so maybe the Cardinals/Dolphins are saving up some things.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uh guy..Search the thread. Albert Breer said something as well. Other twitter accounts have posted nice things. You know the same ones talking about AJ Green and Rondale Moore catching TDs. Who do you think threw them?

But yea sorry I dont know a ton of major media who attended Cardinals camp. Either way so what if he isnt lighting it up. The point is you jump because of one practice you attended. Jimmy G threw 7 ints in practice the same year he led the 49ers to the Super Bowl. Mahomes had several rough practices the year he won MVP. Lamar showed questionable accuracy during his camp for MVP.

Its fine you think he'd underperform. Not saying he'd be an MVP or lead us to the super bowl. Its just funny that you think the one practice you attended paints the full picture.
Practice? We’re talking about practice? Everyone looks great on practice and shorts when you know as a qb you’re not going to get hit or as a Wr knowing you’re not getting your clock cleaned going over the middle.
I love Kyler. But to tell me he is going to take the next step based on practice is insane. The same people that praise him in practice will Pooh Pooh his exhibition performance.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Practice? We’re talking about practice? Everyone looks great on practice and shorts when you know as a qb you’re not going to get hit or as a Wr knowing you’re not getting your clock cleaned going over the middle.
I love Kyler. But to tell me he is going to take the next step based on practice is insane. The same people that praise him in practice will Pooh Pooh his exhibition performance.
Meh. Reports I’ve seen from camp say that Kyler looks great. Reposts were that last week’s performances were the strongest so far.

camp just means different things for different kinds of players. Aaron Rodgers historically looks awful in camp because he’s testing what other guys can do. Better to throw a 50/50 ball and see if your guy can get it in camp because the INT matters when the games count.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yes it may very well be. Please find yourself 3 credentialed media posts (twitter and FB will also work) from this training camp that talks about Murray taking the next step and lighting it up in Camp. No need to use word smithing until you find it.
You are literally the only person I've heard say anything other than Kyler looks great.

Do I doubt you or EVERYONE else?

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I know that KM looked terrible on Friday, but after watching a video of the first half, I came away thinking that on the second and third series(I believe), he should have picked up first downs. Consider:
1. He scrambled for eight yards and was faced with a second and two. A run by Conner lost two or three yards and we didn't convert. Conner, instead of putting his head down and running north/south tried to bounce it outside, resulting in lost yardage.
2. On the next series, KM (almost) completes an easy throw to Kirk who DROPS the ball. It goes down as an incompletion, but it shouldn't have been. JMO.

I understand that your record is what ................. . Three three and outs that shouldn't have been. JMO.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jureki just said he was earlier this week.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Others have said he's played well as well. However, its local media so I thought it wasnt important to bring up as well.

Still..the leap you've made because of a couple of practices is hilarious. That practice obviously indicates his season will be a letdown.

Jurecki is a crony hack who wouldn't know good football if it hit him in the face.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I know that KM looked terrible on Friday, but after watching a video of the first half, I came away thinking that on the second and third series(I believe), he should have picked up first downs. Consider:
1. He scrambled for eight yards and was faced with a second and two. A run by Conner lost two or three yards and we didn't convert. Conner, instead of putting his head down and running north/south tried to bounce it outside, resulting in lost yardage.
2. On the next series, KM (almost) completes an easy throw to Kirk who DROPS the ball. It goes down as an incompletion, but it shouldn't have been. JMO.

I understand that your record is what ................. . Three three and outs that shouldn't have been. JMO.
Yeah. In no way do I come away, even with the above truths, thinking Kyler looked good Friday--he was awful. Kirk (who I am done with) and Conner (ugh) were donkeys on that drive and really screwed up.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah. In no way do I come away, even with the above truths, thinking Kyler looked good Friday--he was awful. Kirk (who I am done with) and Conner (ugh) were donkeys on that drive and really screwed up.
You do know that I started my post with Kyler looked terrible on Friday. I went on to infer that he would have ,looked LESS terrible, if his teammates had made plays, that I felt they should have made. JMO.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Texans are cutting Kehale Warring. Cards should pick him up, plenty of upside there.

"The Texans are cutting former third-round draft pick Kahale Warring, according to league sources not authorized to speak publicly. Warring is a physically gifted athlete at 6-foot-5, 256 with 4.6 speed in the 40-yard dash, but hasn't been productive since being picked out of San Diego State."