2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if Westbrook gets moved, I wonder if that puts Beal majorly into play as he might not want to stay there long term... especially playing with the Lakers pupu platter of players. Not that we would be in those sweepstakes, just interesting to watch.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw this about Kevin Love and the Olympics. Sounds like he's done.

This is from The Athletic.

Colangelo on Kevin Love: “I didn’t think Kevin Love was gonna play. I wasn’t even sure he had much left to play. He reached out to us and said he was in shape and said he felt he owed us. And on the basis of that, we’re looking at someone with international experience who at one time was a heck of a rebounder and could still shoot the ball. You know, being like a 12th man on a roster. Well, it didn’t work out. He wasn’t in shape. And he was way behind as it turned out. So you move on. Call it a mistake. Call it giving someone an opportunity. Someone who had equity with us. Guys who play for us get a little plus.”

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Saw this about Kevin Love and the Olympics. Sounds like he's done.

This is from The Athletic.

Colangelo on Kevin Love: “I didn’t think Kevin Love was gonna play. I wasn’t even sure he had much left to play. He reached out to us and said he was in shape and said he felt he owed us. And on the basis of that, we’re looking at someone with international experience who at one time was a heck of a rebounder and could still shoot the ball. You know, being like a 12th man on a roster. Well, it didn’t work out. He wasn’t in shape. And he was way behind as it turned out. So you move on. Call it a mistake. Call it giving someone an opportunity. Someone who had equity with us. Guys who play for us get a little plus.”

Sounds like Jerry is about done. Yeesh..

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah, Jerry seems to be done as well. He wouldn't slam a player like that first. If others had commented on Love being finished or something then it wouldn't surprise me to see Jerry release a comment like that but to jump out in front seems odd. I'm curious if anything else comes out over the next few days.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Jerry seems to be done as well. He wouldn't slam a player like that first. If others had commented on Love being finished or something then it wouldn't surprise me to see Jerry release a comment like that but to jump out in front seems odd. I'm curious if anything else comes out over the next few days.

Really? I'm surprised you guys took it that way. I thought it was forthright while still being somewhat diplomatic. I didn't get to read the whole article but I assumed it was in response to the charge of racism by Jalen Rose and others.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Team USA beats the Czech Republic 119-84.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Really? I'm surprised you guys took it that way. I thought it was forthright while still being somewhat diplomatic. I didn't get to read the whole article but I assumed it was in response to the charge of racism by Jalen Rose and others.

I just mean after the 76ers debacle and mismanagement of Team USA lately I just figured he close to retirement. The comments regarding Love were just odd. Why rip a guy when it was your mistake? Love is bad/injured and quit on his team last year.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just mean after the 76ers debacle and mismanagement of Team USA lately I just figured he close to retirement. The comments regarding Love were just odd. Why rip a guy when it was your mistake? Love is bad/injured and quit on his team last year.

sounds like he put trust in Love when love over sold himself to team USA. And called it as it was.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He'd basically been accused of putting Love on the team solely because the guy was white, he didn't want that floating around unchallenged. And I thought it was a very charitable ripping.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
He'd basically been accused of putting Love on the team solely because the guy was white, he didn't want that floating around unchallenged. And I thought it was a very charitable ripping.

Bringing in a bad/injured player with a poor attitude is 100% on management. I suppose he felt compelled to address it because of ESPN’s race baiting but I don’t think anyone cares at this point.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bringing in a bad/injured player with a poor attitude is 100% on management. I suppose he felt compelled to address it because of ESPN’s race baiting but I don’t think anyone cares at this point.
I think you're mistaken on this point. I doubt they'd do it if it didn't sell.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Pistons just waived Cory Joseph. Not a big fan, but if Cam Payne signs elsewhere to be a starter, the Suns could do worse for a back-up.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The United States will play Spain in the Olympics on Tuesday.

By AP via ESPN:

The three-time reigning Olympic champion Americans will play reigning World Cup champion Spain in the quarterfinals of the men's tournament at the Tokyo Games on Tuesday, a matchup of teams that finished second in their respective groups at the Olympics.

Spain fell outside of the seeded pool and knew it was subject to a potential matchup with the U.S. by losing the group-play finale to Slovenia on Sunday. And about an hour later, when FIBA held the Olympic draw, the matchup was set.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The United States will play Spain in the Olympics on Tuesday.

By AP via ESPN:

The three-time reigning Olympic champion Americans will play reigning World Cup champion Spain in the quarterfinals of the men's tournament at the Tokyo Games on Tuesday, a matchup of teams that finished second in their respective groups at the Olympics.

Spain fell outside of the seeded pool and knew it was subject to a potential matchup with the U.S. by losing the group-play finale to Slovenia on Sunday. And about an hour later, when FIBA held the Olympic draw, the matchup was set.

This won't be easy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose