2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

My how his value has fallen. He was All Defensive Team just 2 years ago also. He's proven he can't carry a team on his own or be a good 2nd or 3rd option. He has a hefty contract that pays him like that though. In reality he's a place holder as a starter or a good backup, if he buys into that role.

Kind of funny that there's no talk of going to LA to team with LeBron considering how many rumors were there years back about him being someone LeBron wanted in Cleveland to replace Kyrie.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Offer an extra draft pick between the lottery and rest of the 1st round? Just an idea.

I think they could also use the teams that fail to get in the playoffs through the play-in games in a short tournament. Of course the issue then is what if its a team with a large international presence? A team like Dallas could never represent the NBA/USA because they'd be awful without Luka, not to mention everyone else.

I think they'd need to combine 2 teams. That would help cover for international talent that wouldn't play for the US

I'm not sure how they would do it but I think U.S. Olympic basketball team should concentrate on using an existing team or teams and let them supplement their roster with willing NBA players. It could also be two teams as you say. Anyway this would give some continuity to the Olympic team.

I'm not sure how incentives would factor into the equation. Maybe it could be monetary. Teams could volunteer or somehow be selected randomly.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe send the G League championship team and allow a handful of NBA players to be added to it from that teams affiliate. That's a real team. It would boost the G Leagues perception and allowing affiliate team players would help them fill weaknesses and add more skill.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe send the G League championship team and allow a handful of NBA players to be added to it from that teams affiliate. That's a real team. It would boost the G Leagues perception and allowing affiliate team players would help them fill weaknesses and add more skill.

this is the best solution I’ve seen. Send a team full of the best G league players like you said it helps everyone. You know these guys would play there butts off because it’s a super high profile audition and it helps these kids who are taking the G league route instead of going to school

thats a really good idea

all while boosting the profile of the G league. We don’t need to be sending NBA players anymore. We did it to expend the game globally and it worked like crazy

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm so over NBA pros playing for Team USA basketball. It hasn't been special for 2 decades. I would much rather see hungry college kids out there competing their butts off.

They just make too much money and representing the USA is not a top priority which I completely understand.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
“With a big group of combo/scoring guards bunched together in the early 20s through early 30s, NBA executives say the Lakers have explored the option of moving down a few slots from the No. 22 pick while acquiring one or more second round picks.”

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Does anyone else notice that the ball seems to bounce weird in FIBA tournaments? Do they use a different ball? It seems lighter and bouncier. Shots that hit the rim seem to bounce higher or something and it seems many america players have a harder time controlling their dribble. For some reason that has always really bothered me when I watch FIBA games. Same for WNBA games, the ball bounces weird.

College balls seem to bounce normal.

Anyone else notice this????

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm so over NBA pros playing for Team USA basketball. It hasn't been special for 2 decades. I would much rather see hungry college kids out there competing their butts off.

They just make too much money and representing the USA is not a top priority which I completely understand.

They are not good enough anymore.

Pros play for all the other countries, we have to do the same to compete.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Earl Watson will be joining Raptors coaching staff.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Interesting trade.

I like Valanciunas quite a bit more than Adams, and am not much of a fan of bledsoe so I feel like this downgrades Memphis a bit. They must like someone at 10.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting trade.

I like Valanciunas quite a bit more than Adams, and am not much of a fan of bledsoe so I feel like this downgrades Memphis a bit. They must like someone at 10.
I like that deal for the Pelicans, especially if they can sign Lowry.

Lowry
????
Ingram
Zion
Valaciunas

is a pretty versatile and big starting lineup that has range.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I like that deal for the Pelicans, especially if they can sign Lowry.

Lowry
????
Ingram
Zion
Valaciunas

is a pretty versatile and big starting lineup that has range.
They need a defensive guard that is tall enough to defend wings, but yeah, that's a nice lineup.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Hard to believe a Klutch guy would…

he just flat out doesn’t get it. All the talent in the world but just no desire to get better at all

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I haven't watched a lot of Cade Cunningham so maybe I'm missing something but I don't see the hype. At best he looks like a more solidly built SGA but not quite as good of a shooter.

That trade seems like a steal for Detroit. I can see some of their fans being upset because they seem to have taken to Cade already but they'd get over it once the season starts.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I haven't watched a lot of Cade Cunningham so maybe I'm missing something but I don't see the hype. At best he looks like a more solidly built SGA but not quite as good of a shooter.

That trade seems like a steal for Detroit. I can see some of their fans being upset because they seem to have taken to Cade already but they'd get over it once the season starts.

I don’t see it either. I see good players at the top but no legit turn your franchise around type players. I would of taken that deal

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson