Suns @ Bucks Tuesday Finals game thread 7-20-2021 - Game 6

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK guys I am out. Good night. I have to wake up at 5 AM for a freaking East Coast call.

I wish it would have ended differently but still an accomplishment hopefully the team can build on. Never thought we would be here this year.

Please let it not be another 28 years.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
you’re right. He’s definitely on a Dame trajectory.

All the improvements he made above were incremental and come playoff time, when you hope you’re best players RAISE their games, Bridges fell off ACROSS THE BOARD.

I compared him to Holiday and Middleton.

They also disappeared in the playoffs.

Holiday disappeared worse than some jerry Seinfeld character or whatever. But he won the championship.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Holiday disappeared worse than some jerry Seinfeld character or whatever. But he won the championship.

holiday played lockdown D and messed up either Book or CP3. And he STILL averaged 16/9/6.

Middleton averaged 24/5/6 for the Bucks in the Finals.

Bridges averaged 12/4/1... with three games scoring 4, 7 and 7, while adding very little else to the court in way of rebounds, assists or defense.

WTF are you talking about?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Did you just watch highlights?

No with shot charts come advanced stats. I guess you have never seen them?

Also who said he posted up all the time? Not me. He set position on the block though many times in this series but he’s is a downhill player. What are you talking about? Running sets through him is not the same thing as posting up every time.

The only person being dishonest is you pretending that these offenses are the same and how they run their sets are the same. Ergo Ayton should ply the same role in this offense.
Okay liar. Find me the post where I said these offenses are the same. Or even remotely similar. You’ve lost this argument so badly that you’ve now moved the goalposts so far that you’re not even in the stadium in which we’ve been playing.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Did you just watch highlights?

No with shot charts come advanced stats. I guess you have never seen them?

Also who said he posted up all the time? Not me. He set position on the block though many times in this series but he’s is a downhill player. What are you talking about? Running sets through him is not the same thing as posting up every time.

The only person being dishonest is you pretending that these offenses are the same and how they run their sets are the same. Ergo Ayton should ply the same role in this offense.
And find me the statement where I even implied Ayton should play the same role in the offense as giannis. Putting words and arguments into someone else mouth is lying. Don’t lie about what I’ve said or what my argument is.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Uh holiday made game changing defensive plays and totally threw our entire offense outta whack. Middleton was up and down but stuffed the stats sheet. They should be insulted you compared them to Bridges.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
OK guys I am out. Good night. I have to wake up at 5 AM for a freaking East Coast call.

I wish it would have ended differently but still an accomplishment hopefully the team can build on. Never thought we would be here this year.

Glad the season is over. It’s 230 am here on the east coast! No more 9, 10, 11 pm tip times!

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Uh holiday made game changing defensive plays and totally threw our entire offense outta whack. Middleton was up and down but stuffed the stats sheet. They should be insulted you compared them to Bridges.
Why was Middleton up and down?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody thought he would transform his game like he did. Nobody expected him to be this good this year.

wha? We’re talking about Bridges, right?

EVERYONE expected him to make the big leap this year. People were fellating him all over the place after the bubble and the Suns, the medi and the overwhelming majority of the board was sure that this was going to be Bridges’ breakout season. I mean, I remember getting into an insane argument with someone here who thought he could be in his way to becoming KAWHI LEONARD! And a bunch of people agreed with that argument.

the idea that no one expected Bridges to be this good, which was a 13 ppg guy who played good, but not elite defense... while still being a guy who could completely no-show... in his third season ... after being a lottery pick we spent TWO first rounders on ignores all reality and is almost as insane of a statement that he could develop into the next Kawhi.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Btw Holiday shot horribly all series.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And find me the statement where I even implied Ayton should play the same role in the offense as giannis. Putting words and arguments into someone else mouth is lying. Don’t lie about what I’ve said or what my argument is.
You mean putting words into my mouth like you did?

Pot meet kettle.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why was Middleton up and down?

Because he’s not a superstar. He’s an All-Star.

also, are we really comparing a guy who averaged 24/5/6, while hitting HUGE SHOT AFTER HUGE SHOT in the last three games to win the TITLE to Bridges... who didn’t even score more than 7 points in 3 games in the series and averaged 12/4/1 total in the series?

that’s not really an rgument you’re trying to make, is it?

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Man, tonight was a tough one. I wanted it to be a fun special evening so I ordered food from my son‘s favorite restaurant, and they messed up his order and delivered the wrong food (he had zero desire to eat what they sent). I then spent most of the 3rd quarter scrambling to try to fix him some dinner. Then the Suns go down in disappointing fashion. And then to top it all off, APS is working on something so all of the electricity for my neighborhood shut off at 11 and isn’t suppose to get turned back on until after 1. It was a fun season but tonight stings.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay liar. Find me the post where I said these offenses are the same. Or even remotely similar. You’ve lost this argument so badly that you’ve now moved the goalposts so far that you’re not even in the stadium in which we’ve been playing.
Who lied? You put words into my mouth about post up but I lied? LOL. OK. Whatever makes you feel better. Congrats you won an imaginary contest trying to sell Ayton should have played differently while making ludicrous statements. Maybe you should have been in the arena with me instead of the “stadium”? You might have done better.

Last edited:

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
holiday played lockdown D and messed up either Book or CP3. And he STILL averaged 16/9/6.

Middleton averaged 24/5/6 for the Bucks in the Finals.

Bridges averaged 12/4/1... with three games scoring 4, 7 and 7, while adding very little else to the court in way of rebounds, assists or defense.

WTF are you talking about?
So bridges performed at his seasons averages and so did holiday and Middleton?

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Because he’s not a superstar. He’s an All-Star.

also, are we really comparing a guy who averaged 24/5/6, while hitting HUGE SHOT AFTER HUGE SHOT in the last three games to win the TITLE to Bridges... who didn’t even score more than 7 points in 3 games in the series and averaged 12/4/1 total in the series?

that’s not really an rgument you’re trying to make, is it?
No that’s not the argument I’m trying to make.

I’m arguing that bridges didn’t choke.

He performed as expected. Up to his usually standards.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Improve. Show me where people predicted he woodplay at this level.

What level are you talking about? He’s averaged 13/4/2 and good but not elite defense. You think people weren’t expecting a mature lotto pick, at age 25, in his third year, to average 13-4-2?

were you in a coma last season where post all star break and in the bubble he averaged 12/4/2 on 38% three point shooting? All numbers very close to how he played this year?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Improve. Show me where people predicted he woodplay at this level.
At an inconsistent 13 points per game in his third season after being the 10th pick the draft and averaging 9 pts/game last year? You think he blew expectations outta the water? I think you’re way off in this one.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Btw Holiday shot horribly all series.
Other than one game, yes he did. But I’ll bet most knowledgeable basketball analysts would credit a lot of this finals win for the bucks first and second on giannis and third on hokidays defense.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No that’s not the argument I’m trying to make.

I’m arguing that bridges didn’t choke.

He performed as expected. Up to his usually standards.

he averaged less points on worse shooting with less assists in the Finals than he did in the regular season. and completely no showed in 3 games.

If that IS Bridges’ standard, then Bridges sucks.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave