Suns @ Bucks Tuesday Finals game thread 7-20-2021 - Game 6

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns travel back to the Fiserv Forum in Milwaukee for Game 6 on Tuesday.

It's either win or the season is over.

They trail in the Finals 3-2.

The game again will be televised on ABC.

Start time is listed at 6 p.m. Arizona time.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Milwaukee is mentally tougher and has a better big-3. Doesn’t mean we can’t pull out it and the way Paul looked down the stretch actually made me feel good about his injuries.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty summarizes what needs to happen in Game 6... win one game to bring it back to Phoenix.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Perfect game to show we aren't just a sad sack... 4 loses in a row after a 2-0 lead!? As much as that would hurt as a fan...ouch and kick to the n uts as a player and coach.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Any bets that Scott Foster is the ref for this game?

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
no problem. this team plays their best under maximum pressure
2 games
bubble mode

Last edited:

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Don’t know why but kinda wish the Suns were getting on a plane tonight to Milwaukee. That’s what the Bucks did after game four even though the game was three days away.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Don’t know why but kinda wish the Suns were getting on a plane tonight to Milwaukee. That’s what the Bucks did after game four even though the game was three days away.
It’s easier to recover at home. Fly out Monday morning.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

They don't deserve to sleep in their own beds tonight. Other than Booker, they don't deserve sleep. They got plenty during the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
My hope is that the Bucks are now riding the same overconfidence that the Suns clearly had after Game 2, thinking the series is in the bag. No guarantees, but maybe that will throw them next game. Of course, that will only make a difference if the Suns themselves stop playing with their own heads up their rears.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns will have to play a perfect game. Also, I hate to say it but the Bucks are not just a game away from a title.

They are one big run from a title. If the Bucks have a big run in a quarter that will likely break the Suns psychologically.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Suns will have to play a perfect game. Also, I hate to say it but the Bucks are not just a game away from a title.

They are one big run from a title. If the Bucks have a big run in a quarter that will likely break the Suns psychologically.

I think tonight's second quarter run already did that...

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
nah. If that was the case we would have never gotten within 1 at the end of the game. We woulda just gotten run out of our gym.

We basically did, until Booker and what was left of Paul tried to put the team on their back for a 5-minute Herculean effort at the end...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We basically did, until Booker and what was left of Paul tried to put the team on their back for a 5-minute Herculean effort at the end...

right. So, in other words, that second quarter run didn’t crush us for good because we still came back to get within 1 play of taking back the series lead.

I know you’re gonna play the fatalist for the next three days to the extreme but you’ve been hoping for the bottom to fall out for this team since Day 1 to be able to beat your chest and say I WAS RIGHT, so I would expect nothing different now.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
right. So, in other words, that second quarter run didn’t crush us for good because we still came back to get within 1 play of taking back the series lead.

I know you’re gonna play the fatalist for the next three days to the extreme but you’ve been hoping for the bottom to fall out for this team since Day 1 to be able to beat your chest and say I WAS RIGHT, so I would expect nothing different now.

Quite the opposite. I wanted the championship drought to end. Badly. So much so that my wife was preparing to fly me to Milwaukee for Game 6 had the Suns won tonight. I am heartbroken.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
CP3 needs to take control of game 6.. Booker is an amazing scorer but the team does not fire on all cylinders unless CP3 is controlling the offense and getting everybody involved.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
CP3 needs to take control of game 6.. Booker is an amazing scorer but the team does not fire on all cylinders unless CP3 is controlling the offense and getting everybody involved.

He isn't physically right. Otherwise that wouldn't be in question.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The fight they had at the end proves you wrong. They never gave up.

They had a great 5 minute stretch late in the fourth...but only after the Bucks pretty much did whatever they wanted for a quarter and a half AFTER their second quarter run.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Like most here I don't think MIL lets this series come back to PHX, they have too much momentum.

The biggest key to this series is MIL is able to get big defensive stops and PHX is not. That's why PHX is not celebrating a championship tonight. MIL overcame a 4th quarter deficit in Game 4 and got the big stop to seal the win and MIL took PHX's best shot and laughed it off in the second quarter and withstood a late rally with a game ending stop on Booker's last possession. It doesn't get any more demoralizing than that.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All I know is that the Suns are making me feel like a child again. Filling me with wonder and happiness... then tearing my guts out.

This feels similar to the Dbacks in 2001 (something I experienced as a young adult), a series they had in the bag, only to seemingly **** it away and then snatch victory from the jaws of defeat... I hope it plays out the same way.