Suns @ Bucks Wednesday Finals game thread 7-14-2021 - Game 4

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get that CP3 was awful last night but Holiday is definitely doing a lot of bumping and getting very few fouls. And I’m not saying the refs are why we lost last night because you can’t turn the ball over 17 times...but Giannis and these moving screens...it’s blatant how often he does it with no call. Not worries because we have home court but we need to put Milwaukee in a body bag Saturday and show them who the better team is

all we need to do is be better by one point.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm home...... Very dejected.

Man...... That one hurt.

yeah... I was worried for you with that plan. Seemed a little like a suicide mission, especially going in solo.

that said, if we win Game 5, I think you need to go back in Game 6 to claim the title... whether it be for the NBA Championship or the Glutton For Punishment Championship.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm home...... Very dejected.

Man...... That one hurt.

I'm glad you got to go to those games but I'm not sure you should attend another game in this series. Not saying you were the jinx but they did win the 2 games you didn't attend and lost the ones you did. ;)

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
yeah... I was worried for you with that plan. Seemed a little like a suicide mission, especially going in solo.

that said, if we win Game 5, I think you need to go back in Game 6 to claim the title... whether it be for the NBA Championship or the Glutton For Punishment Championship.
Nah.... I'm done. haha

I feel like I tempted fate but man...... I would have felt like a king on that plane today.

p.s. Jalen Rose was on my plane to Detroit.
I'm glad you got to go to those games but I'm not sure you should attend another game in this series. Not saying you were the jinx but they did win the 2 games you didn't attend and lost the ones you did. ;)
Agreed...... My wife said something similar. It's back to my local superstitions in my basement for the next two or three games.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no one is saying you’re not a fan. You’re just a fan who ****** their pants and quits at the first sign of trouble.

This was way out of line.

This thread went to poop after the game. I get collars run hot but fighting amongst ourselves is pointless

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ayton just getting rebounds in the first 3 qtrs was huge. He tired in the 4th it was obvious. My biggest takeaway was CP3 really took a dump in the 4th qtr. Monty was pretty horrible with the super long Booker rest which took away all his fire. You could tell Book was not to happy. Leaving 2 TO on the floor esp when one would have reversed a call. And last but not least he ran Ayton into the ground. Sometimes you play with what got you there ....small or not. I hate to say but I put the loss on Monty 100%

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
More Game 4 whackness:

- Suns shot 51% from the field for the game. Bucks shot 40%! They needed every one of those 19 extra FG attempts!

- Book put up 42 points without making a single 3-pointer, while shooting 61%!

- Chris Paul now has 15 TO's in just the last 3 games!

All else being equal (Ayton stays outta foul trouble and Book plays well again), all we need to win Game 5 is for Chris Paul to just remotely resemble the CP3 we know and love... Which could mean, 1 or 2 TO's, 8-10 assists and 15 or so points.
But even more important than the numbers, he desperately needs to place with pace and flow. The last few games, it looks like he's stuck in molasses when bringing up the ball. And, once he crosses midcourt, he literally eats the ball. Dribbling in one place, severely hunched over with Holiday draped all over him...while the play-clock ticks away. Leading to rushed passes and ****-poor shot attempts...

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
So what’s your excuse for game 2 bad Ayton?
Game 2? Where he had a double-double and a +10 +/-?
It was a game where he, and we, expected more based upon his great Game 1 performance, and what he had been doing throughout the post-season.
But again, my expectations were not that his offensive production would be sustained throughout the playoffs, as he hadn't been doing this at all during the regular season.

No excuse for a frustrating (not "bad") night... He could've been better. But was able to overcome his frustrations and played great in the last half of the 4th quarter. Great to see a young kid learn and grow! :thumbup:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And Paul had 9 assists and 19 points... I think the formula here remains: Good CP3 = Good Offense from Ayton. :thumbup:
Jesus man... this is such a lame argument.

Against a HEALTHY Anthony Davis... you know... the best defensive C in the game, along with the biggest team in the league/best DEFENSE in the league, Ayton averaged 22 ppg over 3 games all while CP3 was ATROCIOUS and Davis and the rest of the Lakers league leading Defense was healthy.

but now you believe Ayton is so completely useless without Paul against a lesser defensive team that he can’t score more than 6 points without Paul playing well? He’s literally proved that he can ALL PLAYOFFS against BIGGER defenders and better defenses.

You either must think Ayton is the second coming of Jake Tskalidis on offense (which means you haven’t watched enough of this team to make an informed opinion)... or you’re loathe to just admit you’re wrong. Either way, it’s beyond weak sauce.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Jesus man... this is such a lame argument.

Against a HEALTHY Anthony Davis... you know... the best defensive C in the game, along with the biggest team in the league/best DEFENSE in the league, Ayton averaged 22 ppg over 3 games all while CP3 was ATROCIOUS and Davis and the rest of the Lakers league leading Defense was healthy.

but now you believe Ayton is so completely useless without Paul against a lesser defensive team that he can’t score more than 6 points without Paul playing well? He’s literally proved that he can ALL PLAYOFFS against BIGGER defenders and better defenses.

You either must think Ayton is the second coming of Jake Tskalidis on offense (which means you haven’t watched enough of this team to make an informed opinion)... or you’re loathe to just admit you’re wrong. Either way, it’s beyond weak sauce.
Of those 3 regular season Laker games, Davis played in only one. And in that one game, he played 18 mins…
CP3 had a triple double in the third game… and had 10 assists in the second game.

My point is that Ayton, on offense, has a ton of room to grow and develop. And so, for now, he requires a facilitator like a Chris Paul, to play well and keep the offense flowing.. delivering the ball to Ayton in places where he can more effectively convert.

What exactly is your point again cheese? LMAO… :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave