Suns @ Bucks Sunday Finals game thread 7-11-2021 - Game 3

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul's turnovers and the way they hand Book bringing up the ball seems to indicate to me that Pauls hand injury is getting worse.
I don't think it's getting worse. I don't think it's getting better. Ever since the shoulder injury his dribble has not looked the same. Now add on his torn ligaments he is struggling with his handle at times. IMO, the injury probably swells at different times and when it does it impacts his handle. There are other times he dribble penetrates just fine. His shot at times beautiful. I bet it doesn't heal until the offseason and we can give up on a 100% CP3 until then.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Chris Paul's turnovers and the way they hand Book bringing up the ball seems to indicate to me that Pauls hand injury is getting worse.

It certainly flared up at the beginning of Game 1. I expect that the pain and strength will come and go, and Paul will just have to deal with it, just as he has brilliantly for the most part these playoffs (first with the shoulder, and then with the hand).

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
The Suns have faced a lot of good, well coached teams this season. At one time the Suns ran off nine wins in a row in the playoffs. Concede nothing. Let's get Game 3.

The "experts" keep suggesting that all the Bucks need is for Middleton to be "who he is." Look, he's definitely not a guy who puts up 11 points. But, at the same time, our defense - Bridges was incredible last night when matched-up on Middleton - isn't going to roll over and give him easy buckets.
That said, even if Middleton went for 25, I remain convinced that this Suns team will find yet another avenue to a victory...

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The "experts" keep suggesting that all the Bucks need is for Middleton to be "who he is." Look, he's definitely not a guy who puts up 11 points. But, at the same time, our defense - Bridges was incredible last night when matched-up on Middleton - isn't going to roll over and give him easy buckets.
That said, even if Middleton went for 25, I remain convinced that this Suns team will find yet another avenue to a victory...
I am approaching this the same way I did the Clips series. I am pragmatic and until proven otherwise I am assuming the Bucks can comeback from an 0-2 deficit against anybody. The assumptions won't start for me until someone loses at home.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Giannis gets away with a LOT of charges. That play against Craig was not intentional, but it was reckless and dangerous.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Giannis gets away with a LOT of charges. That play against Craig was not intentional, but it was reckless and dangerous.
Giannis could get called constantly for putting his should down or shoving a player out of the way. I take no issue with the Refs letting them play but be consistent. If you are not going to call Giannis on that crap don't call weak charges on our players like Booker.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My biggest issue with this next game? Scott Foster. I read somewhere we are getting him in Game 3???

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
you just know he’s going to be reffing Game 3.
The NBA is trying to get past the pandemic and usher in a new generation. Why Adam Silver and the NBA would allow that guy anywhere near a playoff game let alone the finals is beyond me. Even if there is a CHANCE he will insert personal bias you have to keep him away.

Man....I hope we don't see him in the finals but I am not holding my breath.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NBA is trying to get past the pandemic and usher in a new generation. Why Adam Silver and the NBA would allow that guy anywhere near a playoff game let alone the finals is beyond me. Even if there is a CHANCE he will insert personal bias you have to keep him away.

Man....I hope we don't see him in the finals but I am not holding my breath.

I thought he was already listed as one of the 14 officials to ref the Finals? If so, it’s only a matter of time unless we can end this before his number is called.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought he was already listed as one of the 14 officials to ref the Finals? If so, it’s only a matter of time unless we can end this before his number is called.
I have not seen the list. I have tried not to think about it. I think you are right though. He will show up during a pivotal moment in this series and make his presence felt which is the opposite of what they should do.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not seen the list. I have tried not to think about it. I think you are right though. He will show up during a pivotal moment in this series and make his presence felt which is the opposite of what they should do.

I’d rather it was early than late.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Scott Foster reffing this game. Maybe we should just concede and wait for game 5. He allows such physical play that injuries occur. Just ask the Nets. I just want to come out of this game with a healthy team. Can't afford more injuries.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Giannis is going to go out Ayton and since the game is in Milwaukee, I have a feeling the refs will be calling fouls against Ayton and whoever is down low guarding him. I feel we will have a lot of players in foul trouble and the Bucks are going to exploit that. Hope I am wrong.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scott Foster reffing this game. Maybe we should just concede and wait for game 5. He allows such physical play that injuries occur. Just ask the Nets. I just want to come out of this game with a healthy team. Can't afford more injuries.

is that confirmed re: Foster?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
He's officially on the list:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson