2021 NBA Draft Prospects Thread

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No telling. I would be OK with Cam Payne off the bench running the offense, with this kid playing in Books place at the two. I just don't know if he can play the defense. I like when The Bull Dog and Payne play together off the bench because they get on opposing guards and usually get some steals, etc.
Big point guard who plays D and rebounds but whose projected NBA 3 is suspect and has a poor asst/to ratio.

Well. 39% from 3 is not bad. If he has the strength and form, I am not sure why his range cannot extend easily to the 3 point line. CP3 should be able to teach him something about not turning the ball over. This is all I can get from stats.

Gotta watch a player play. Just the highlights I have seen, he seems like a bit bigger Cam Payne.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
⁦‪@wojespn‬⁩

You must be registered for see images

The Minnesota Timberwolves and Utah Jazz are hosting group pre-draft workouts in Minneapolis July 8-11, sources tell ESPN. The goal is having 48 players participate over a four day period. The workouts will be open to all 30 teams.

6/25/21, 1:11 PM

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I would think a sg with size is also desirable. Someone that can create their own shot when book rests. A Mann or Maxey type player.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would think a sg with size is also desirable. Someone that can create their own shot when book rests. A Mann or Maxey type player.

It's a good point. The Suns need another player that can create his own shot.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ohio State's E.J. Liddell to return for junior season

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

DeVante' Jones withdraws from NBA draft, will play at Michigan basketball this season​

DJ
@3DevanteJ
Thank you to all the NBA teams who gave me positive feedback and also to those who gave me constructive criticism all was needed.. with that being said I’ll be withdrawing from the draft and heading to Ann Arbor to finish the mission

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Intrigued by Day’ron sharpe from UNC. Where is he projected to go? Anyone?

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Idea of Houston Rockets selecting Jalen Green with No. 2 pick gaining traction

“‘Multiple people around the league love the idea of Green fitting in Houston, mainly because of the potential for stardom down the line and the backcourt fit with Kevin Porter Jr.,” wrote Kelly Iko of The Athletic.”

The Rockets organization needs a star to build around after James Harden pushed for a trade out of town and landed with the Brooklyn Nets. If Green has the potential to reach that level of stardom, the Houston Rockets will gladly hand the card in with his name on it.

At this point in their rebuild, Houston is in asset collection mode. They will take the best player available in their eyes and worry about the fit later on. In addition to Cunningham and Green, Evan Mobley, Jalen Suggs and Jonathan Kuminga are other names to watch for in the top five.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eighteen days ago and most recent mock, Tankathon has Day'Ron Sharpe going #25.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ESPN's post combine mock has Sharpe at 31 to Milwaukee.

He missed the combine so he's not likely to move up much unless he has some good workouts.

ESPN.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/31725639/2021-nba-mock-draft-movement-lottery-combine

NBADraft.net doesn't have him as a first round pick in their latest mock and I couldn't find a second round mock there.

Not a fan of how they redesigned their site a couple years ago. They weren't a great source for mocks but had a simple layout that made it easy to view scouting reports on individual players

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. He seems somewhat in our range. Big guy, rebounder, seems to move well (not Ayton well, but we’ll for a 6’11 265lbs dude) and has a nice stroke from outside from few highlight/workout vids I’ve seen. I think his downside is he needs to watch his weight. Played behind a couple older players if I recall correctly. Nice prospect for a potential backup C. Though I wonder if Jones would go big two years in a row.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
A pg I would like to see the Suns get. Apparently the Suns worked him out the other day. Tyson Etienne from Wichita St. Broke NBA combine record with a 46" vertical. Sharp shooter, high basketball IQ and reportedly in pre-draft workouts ran the pick and roll best of all other players. Nephew of Marcus Camby. Perhaps a Chris Paul understudy.
Use incognito to read article.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A pg I would like to see the Suns get. Apparently the Suns worked him out the other day. Tyson Etienne from Wichita St. Broke NBA combine record with a 46" vertical. Sharp shooter, high basketball IQ and reportedly in pre-draft workouts ran the pick and roll best of all other players. Nephew of Marcus Camby. Perhaps a Chris Paul understudy.
Use incognito to read article.
On the surface he sounds great but checking out his BR resume, it appears he's maybe closer to a young Eric Bledsoe than a young Chris Paul. Regardless, he sounds intriguing should we have the chance to pick him.

Sun Devil Mania

Veteran
Reaction score
I hope the Suns take a long look at Ibou Badji. Freakish athleticism and very high upside!
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
On the surface he sounds great but checking out his BR resume, it appears he's maybe closer to a young Eric Bledsoe than a young Chris Paul. Regardless, he sounds intriguing should we have the chance to pick him.
Agree. But if we could milk a couple more years out of CP3 and Etienne could learn under him...that'd be money for us moving forward me thinks. Btw...I'm a little biased of course (lol) being a former Shocker...but nobody believed me about Fred Van Fleet and look what he's become. I like "smart" collectively cool point guards.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
GG could you imaging having a PF like Barkley on this team? Id settle for a 6"5 PF if he was like Chuck.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Agree. But if we could milk a couple more years out of CP3 and Etienne could learn under him...that'd be money for us moving forward me thinks. Btw...I'm a little biased of course (lol) being a former Shocker...but nobody believed me about Fred Van Fleet and look what he's become. I like "smart" collectively cool point guards.
I like that idea. Just look at how much Booker has changed, you can see CP3 in his moves now sometimes.
CP3 is the perfect teacher if the youngster buys in. +
I'm almost positive if we do go after a PG CP3 will have huge amount of input in who we do go after.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose