Saric Injury

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Well I’m glad we have moved the goalposts from “has been horrible” to “hasn’t been great”.

I will claim victory now.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
OOOOOOH WOW! He has a +7 net rating! We all know how great those numbers are!

(I'm not even going to attempt to play nice to someone who calls me a troll because my opinion doesn't align with yours)
Neutral observers,
Is this not a trolling post?

-WAM

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just lol at the guy saying YOU CANT ARGUE AGAINST MY ARGUMENT responding to a data-driven argument with csb. You can’t make this up folks!
Using a small sample size to justify PER 36 means you don't even know how statistical data works folks. He is barely getting 10.4 minutes per game in the playoffs compared to almost 20 during the season.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Using a small sample size to justify PER 36 means you don't even know how statistical data works folks. He is barely getting 10.4 minutes per game in the playoffs compared to almost 20 during the season.
Gee, and why do you think he was only getting 10.4 per game? 2 reasons: Ayton hasn't gotten in foul trouble, and he didn't help the team as much as everyone wants when he was on the floor.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
A small sample size is better than no sample size. Relying on no data is worse than using some data. Bayesian inference is Stats 101 stuff. Guess you don’t even know how statistical data works. But I’m the troll?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Neutral observers,
Is this not a trolling post?

-WAM
Maybe you should use some introspection. You took my stance that losing Saric isn't a big loss because he's been pretty bad and said I'm a troll. Maybe, just maybe, I'm not going to be nice to you after you were being a jerk.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Gee, and why do you think he was only getting 10.4 per game? 2 reasons: Ayton hasn't gotten in foul trouble, and he didn't help the team as much as everyone wants when he was on the floor.
More like, Ayton has been the best player in the NBA all playoffs and even a decent or good player should not be getting any minutes over him beyond what he needs to rest and maintain his elite level.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Maybe you should use some introspection. You took my stance that losing Saric isn't a big loss because he's been pretty bad and said I'm a troll. Maybe, just maybe, I'm not going to be nice to you after you were being a jerk.
This post is crammed full of straw men. When most people do that they are rightfully called trolls.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Only if Monty paid more attention to PER 36 Dario would have gotten more minutes.
That’s a good one. Except Ayton has crushed him (and every big just about l) in per36, too.

You guys are getting dunked on more than poor Dario!

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dario out rest of season. Torn ACL.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Well this is just incredibly poor. It had been my hope we could dump Dario in the off season to have enough money for Cam Payne.

Now he won't be back until like March.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s a good one. Except Ayton has crushed him (and every big just about l) in per36, too.

You are doing what you always do. You attack when you got nothing. Weaksauce. Welcome to the ignore list. Funny how your list of people that can't stand you just grows. You are the one common denominator but don't get it somehow.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
“Maybe you should use some introspection”

COOL STORY BRO

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

So let's get this straight: you think it's totally cool to personally attack people you don't agree with, but when called on it, you play the victim? Got it. Good to know.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dario is worlds better on defense than Frank. Trolls are out today!

Just because people don't agree with how you see it doesn't mean they are wrong or trolls.

You are about to get another break.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You are doing what you always do. You attack when you got nothing. Weaksauce. Welcome to the ignore list.
Attack when I have nothing? I literally responded to your sarcastic trolling post with data to refute it!

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Skipping all this back and forth going on here...

Sucks for Dario, he really does spell ayton for a few minutes in setting screens and fouling smartly. He's our point-center at times and can stretch the floor a bit.

Kaminsky is horrible, once he entered the game the Bucks rattled off like 6 straight points or so (idr exactly). He doesn't have the IQ to foul smartly, make a play or even play defense. Thankfullly we can go small with Craig and Nader.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Suns are going to miss his 3 point shooting the rest of the playoffs. Plus his big body does come with 6 fouls.

Damn....Next man up.

The problem is that in terms of bigs, there literally is no next man up. We saw just how awful Frank is in the limited time he was on the floor in the first half last night. And Jalen Smith has already demonstrated that he is at least 2-3 years from being an NBA player, if he ever becomes one. The next biggest player on the roster after Ayton is Jae Crowder, and the next biggest player on the bench is Torrey Craig, neither of whom is anything close to a center.

Especially with Giannis looking entirely healthy, albeit rusty, last night, and likely only to improve from there (not that 20 points and 17 rebounds is bad), the series, in my opinion, now comes down to one thing:

Is Mike Budenholzer smart enough to make the obvious adjustment of pounding everything inside at Ayton in order to get Ayton in foul trouble or otherwise force Ayton just to give away the inside buckets in order to avoid that foul trouble?

As we saw in Kaminsky's brief stint in the first half and in the small ball stint in the fourth quarter last night (the two stretches where the Bucks made their runs in a game otherwise dominated by the Suns other than the stretch of nervousness and Paul's hand flaring up to begin the game), the Suns are an entirely different team and much worse match-up with the Bucks with Ayton off the floor...largely because there is no next big man up on the roster.

Last edited:

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Sucks for Dario, he really does spell ayton for a few minutes in setting screens and fouling smartly. He's our point-center at times and can stretch the floor a bit.

Kaminsky is horrible, once he entered the game the Bucks rattled off like 6 straight points or so (idr exactly). He doesn't have the IQ to foul smartly, make a play or even play defense. Thankfullly we can go small with Craig and Nader.
Correct. I would not mind throwing Smith a few minutes even.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

I think you're being too harsh on Frank. I am looking forward to see Frank on the floor with Mikel, as we've seen during the season, they have a good chemistry. But I'm not really all that worried.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Heh I might not be giving him enough credit. But see...this is what I'm talking about in regards to Saric! Even when he hits a few threes, he's probably giving up a lot more on the other end. Dude has been a net negative even against backups.
Yes he has. But what if frank is worse. -10 is worse than -5, right? A dude can be bad and still be better than someone else. Obviously Monty thinks saric is a better play than frank in those scenarios, and who knows them better than Monty? I may question a lot of what Monty does in the course of game but his overall season long game plan has been pretty damn good. I’d think that gives his consistent decision to play saric over frank a benefit of the doubt from me that saric is the superior option of the two.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard