Clippers @ Suns Monday WCF game thread 6-28-2021 - Game 5

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
They have to find a way to get the ball to Ayton. The Suns looked totally unprepared to play small ball. Monty has been a bit exposed. He needs to make an adjustment.
Yeah, they are closely guarding the corners so we should be able to drive towards the middle and get it to Ayton.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Getting out shot by 12% and only down 7? I’ll take it. Hoping we weathered their best shot and they tire a bit in 2nd half

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Geez it’s not rigged.

i can only chuckle at him telling me I looked like a fool for saying it’s not rigged at this point.

the Clippers came out, shot the lights out, we looked terrible... but yeah, it’s rigged.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This game is really exposing Ayton's inability to seal his man and demand the ball in the post. They are getting away with guarding him with wings.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not what you want from Ayton when playing the small group. The glass is killing us.

problem is no one else is rebounding either. We’re best when gang rebounding. We came out thinking the series was over and that the crowd would take us home.

This game gets decided in the first five minutes of the third. We come out flat again, it’s probably on to Game 6. We come out with fire, it’s on to the Finals.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
If Crowder and Bridges can't get it going Suns need to play Nader more.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not what you want from Ayton when playing the small group. The glass is killing us.

problem is no one else is rebounding either. We’re best when gang rebounding. We came out thinking the series was over and that the crowd would take us home.

This game gets decided in the first five minutes of the third. We come out flat again, it’s probably on to Game 6. We come out with fire, it’s on to the Finals.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
This game is really exposing Ayton's inability to seal his man and demand the ball in the post. They are getting away with guarding him with wings.

They did it with Gobert as well.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Morris and Boogie are punishing our smaller defenders in the post but Ayton gets pushed off the block and can't seal off his defender.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is where he does his disappearing act. He comes out a little indecisive and he starts questioning himself it looks like to me. This is where if Monty was smart and saw what we see on the tube, he would draw up some easy attempts near the bucket for DA to get his confidence going.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They have to find a way to get the ball to Ayton. The Suns looked totally unprepared to play small ball. Monty has been a bit exposed. He needs to make an adjustment.

that is not going to happen by passing it into the post. He just sucks at that.

got to drive and dish, or let him get offensive boards.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My halftime thoughts:

-Saric was getting dominated by Cousins. It literally felt like a coaching fail to keep him in that long. I don’t care if Ayton has to play 45 minutes tonight.

-They are not getting the ball to Ayton.

-Booker looks like he is on a mission tonight. Good to see the confidence back.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is where he does his disappearing act. He comes out a little indecisive and he starts questioning himself it looks like to me. This is where if Monty was smart and saw what we see on the tube, he would draw up some easy attempts near the bucket for DA to get his confidence going.

It’s not a disappearance. He is only an efficient scorer in the pick and roll.

what is happening is the clippers are shutting that down.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Why aren't they trying something like putting Craig on Morris?

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Clippers killed us last game in the third quarter. Let’s win this quarter.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Suns and Ayton playing with more life.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Ayton butterfingers work out for us, for once.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If they make JUGS machines for basketballs that’s all I want Ayton doing in the offseason

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison