Booker Question

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i certainly believe/hope 36 YEAR OLD Paul is not stupid enough to needlessly mix it up with Jokic in an elimination game or reward an idiot for causing a ruckus in Denver's building, in front of their fan's kids and families dealing with an embarrassing sweep. have some class man.

the teams shake hands. fans should too, instead of punching each other in the face

grow up

So you want 24 year old Devin Booker to act more responsible than Paul did at his age? So he should learn from all Paul's mistakes. That's reasonable.

As far as the fan, he was assaulted and defended himself against 2 attackers, who had the high ground, and were talking smack towards the end of a blowout game 3 loss. Should he have acted better? Sure, but that's easy to say in hindsight from my couch. Again, he was sucker punched. That altercation has been covered elsewhere already but you don't want to discuss things with board members here, you want to use this forum like a blog and whine when people don't agree with you.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
my post in the Booker thread was about Booker's behavior.
you made it about the altercation details, and, as usual, about me

yes, i've learned to just put in my 2 cents and not interact because, although there are plenty of bright people here, the poops (1poop, 2poop, 3poop) stink up the place and their pants anytime someone posts an opinion that makes them nervous

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my post in the Booker thread was about Booker's behavior.
you made it about the altercation details, and, as usual, about me

yes, i've learned to just put in my 2 cents and not interact because, although there are plenty of bright people here, the poops (1poop, 2poop, 3poop) stink up the place and their pants anytime someone posts an opinion that makes them nervous

You brought up the altercation and Booker rewarding that fan for what you deem as unacceptable behavior. Or did you go back and edit your post to remove that, like usual? You bashed the fan and Booker, of course that opens it for discussion.

Why am I not surprised that youre now trying to copy my nickname for you? I must be doing cartwheels around your head if you think of me and an old username I had whenever you want to try and counter a point.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1. no, it brought Booker's maturity up for discussion (and your response, as usual, brought yours into question)

2. oh, but your old username so captured your true essence

3. duh, i was mocking your childish nicknaming

believe me, i do you (and this forum) a favor when i don't react to your trolling
you make yourself look bad

good day, sir

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Actually I'm proud of Booker for sticking up for Payne. It takes courage to defend someone else against a much bigger man. You bet your ass the team respected it. And you can bet your ass the team would've lost respect had Booker done nothing. As a team leader, he had to do that. And he navigated it perfectly in my opinion. Stood up for his teammate without getting ejected and/or suspended.

P.S. If anything, the confrontation mightve been the kicker for the refs deciding to give Jokic a flagrant 2 rather than a flagrant 1. Bravo Book.

Last edited:

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Actually I'm proud of Booker for sticking up for Payne. It takes courage to defend someone else against a much bigger man. You bet your *** the team respected it. And you can bet your *** the team would've lost respect had Booker done nothing. As a team leader, he had to do that. And he navigated it perfectly in my opinion. Stood up for his teammate without getting ejected and/or suspended.
Exactly, but be prepared to be flamed by those with their own agenda.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1. yes, "prepare to be flamed by those with their own agenda"
-- to win a championship after 52 years
-- to advance in the playoffs after not even making them for 11 years
that's the thing to be "proud" of

2. winning is what the team will "respect" Booker for

3. the refs were "standing up" for Payne (who was NOT being confronted by a "bigger man" or any man at the time)

4. to win, we didn't need a "kicker" to get their player ejected. we were up 8 points and 3 games with one of their stars out already. the kicker could have easily been Booker -- suspended if things got physical (then, we lose that game and the next and Denver is playing to tie the series game 6. Use your head man!

all players lose their heads at times. but in this scenario in the playoffs JORDAN, KOBE, MAGIC, BIRD, NASH, LEBRON, PAUL would have been the hero on offense or defense instead of with needlessly macho and risky symbolism (and none would have publicly sent tickets to a brawler in the stands!)

if you want to go with the, "he's young" excuse again fine. but just admit his immaturity is a problem and move on

schoolyard mentality -- on the court and on this board
we're in the Conference Finals now
let's all act like we belong

Last edited:

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
this is a "miserable way to conversate"

You must be registered for see images attach

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
a leader 100% stands up for his teammates with his on-court performance
a loser 100% stands up for his teammates after the foul is called with machismo theatrics

it's pro basketball's Western Conference Playoffs
not West Side Story

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
a leader 100% stands up for his teammates with his on-court performance
a loser 100% stands up for his teammates after the foul is called with machismo theatrics

it's pro basketball's Western Conference Playoffs
not West Side Story
And you would be a terrible teammate to have then. I would like to know that when someone hits me in the face with a cheap shot foul that my teammates are going to have my back.

Sure if Booker had ran in and punched him or started pushing and shoving him it would be too much, but getting in someone's face after doing something like that and saying something along the lines of "what the hell are you doing" is about what I would want to see.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1. there was no "back" to have. the foul was over and called and Jokic was no longer near Payne (and later apologized, btw. that's leadership)

2. doesn't matter that Booker didn't run up swinging. if Jokic swung, Booker would too.

3. a "terrible teammate" would risk the whole season for a needless ejection/suspension -- after everyone's hard work all year long.

i'd make a great coach, though, huh?
speaking of which
would anyone who posted or "liked" the macho approach be man enough to answer this?

if you were the Suns coach tasked with steering them to a championship,
WOULD YOU TELL BOOKER...

1. good job. way to go
2. don't do that again. if someone hits you, defend yourself, but don't jump in and escalate a conflict when there is no threat to anyone

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
soup?
i don't know what kind of soup you've been drinking.
that doesn't change 1 thing i said.

Joker swings. Booker swings. and is out. yell at him 6 feet away. i try to control my own machismo, but if you get that close to my face you better be ready and willing to fight or french kiss

now, answer the question, coach...

Last edited:

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
and with Booker's arm around Jokic's waist, do you think he took it as an invitation to dance?

give me a break with the b.s.
and answer the question, coach...

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i suggest you sit on the bench with a towel on your head and contemplate what you just said in the context of the NBA playoffs instead of some bad childhood memory

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
oh

so when someone hits your friend, you just stand there. makes sense.
Lol. Yeah that’s exactly what this is. Cmon man, context matters.

was it a bad move by jokic? Yeah. Was it a Kermit Washington on to Rudy tomjanovich attack? No. It wasn’t even the level of the horry hip check of nash into the scorers table type move.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol. Yeah that’s exactly what this is. Cmon man, context matters.

was it a bad move by jokic? Yeah. Was it a Kermit Washington on to Rudy tomjanovich attack? No. It wasn’t even the level of the horry hip check of nash into the scorers table type move.
No, but to rail for pages in a crappy tone about how booker is immature and childish and what he woulda shoulda could a is silly. Beyond that, he ran up after seeing it and joker pushed him. Of course you get in his face after. Big deal. The fact people are sitting here complaining about it just shows how bored they are.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
and with Booker's arm around Jokic's waist, do you think he took it as an invitation to dance?

give me a break with the b.s.
It was Jokic pushing Book back. Book stopped 4 feet from Jokic and Jokic continued to walk toward Book.

No one was going to swing. Jokic was not, never has, neither was Book. They both knew it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No, but to rail for pages in a crappy tone about how booker is immature and childish and what he woulda shoulda could a is silly. Beyond that, he ran up after seeing it and joker pushed him. Of course you get in his face after. Big deal. The fact people are sitting here complaining about it just shows how bored they are.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Eh I haven’t read the railing as I have whomever it is on ignore. In that situation I think you can call out jokic on it without running up and getting in his face and escalating it and getting a technical. I also think jokic should have been T’ed up for advancing at book at that point. To be honest it’s false bravado bc book wasn’t going to fight him, and if he was then he’s an idiot bc it would’ve cost him WCF games suspension.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
it is comforting that we have some mystic see-ers divining that there never was any risk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA