2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Injuries are right around where they've been the last few years. We're not seeing significantly more or less across the board. I think there is a little more attention being paid to them currently because there are more.teams with a legit shot at a title than years past so every missed game is viewed as more detrimental, or beneficial, than usual.

Right now there are 6 teams with legit shots at being champions. It'll be a toss up in the conference finals on both sides. I could see any team other than Atlanta winning it all. I can't recall the last time things seemed that open.

Here's some research done by the league on injuries this year from before the regular season ended.

NBA.com/news/nba-says-injury-rate-down-slightly-from-normal
That article is from April 15. Obviously doesn’t take into account the rash of injuries (to stars, no less) that have occurred in the playoffs (in other words players who have played the most games).

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
That article is from April 15. Obviously doesn’t take into account the rash of injuries (to stars, no less) that have occurred in the playoffs (in other words players who have played the most games).

Good point.

Labron is blaming the league.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good point.

uh... LeBron, the players had to agree to the starting dates of the season. y'all wanted the money for a 72 game season, you get what comes with it.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I was thinking
uh... LeBron, the players had to agree to the starting dates of the season. y'all wanted the money for a 72 game season, you get what comes with it.
The League did want less games, it was the players that wanted more!! Seems like everything now days is revisionist history....

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian Windhorst says there is more coming on Arizona Sports.

I don't think it relates to the Suns but my earphones blacked out at that precise moment. Ugh.

Clarification, it does not involve the Suns.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Sorry but :rolleyes:. There are some moves, like young’s backwards jump, that are just so stupid they should not only not be rewarded they should be penalized. If you have to jump sideways to initiate contact that means you can go straight up for a normal shot. Don’t reward the stupidity. I know you’ll bear the brunt of some of this as luka lives jumping sideways into players for a foul, but that’s not a good shooting motion, even for him, if the idea is maximizing your ability to actually make the shot instead of just drawing a foul.
So is the rule change going to be a no call in those situations?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Just being logical, if changing the rule originally was to let guys land so they didn't suffer ankle injuries, then would not the reverse be true: "A player jumping into or near a player to get a foul puts that player at risk by crowding his landing zone!" Essentially you would call the foul to keep the player safe from himself!

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is this post the reason for the cp3 news?!

No, I had not seen the Chris Paul news when I posted that, but the news was already out, and he tested positive on Monday - so don't try to blame me.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good point.

Lebron is an A hole that just wants to say I told you so.

It's all about the money and that has never been a secret. NBA would do everything the same all over knowing everything they know now.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hawks are about to take the lead despite being down big several times.

105-104 Hawks lead with 1:26 remaining.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Holy crap what an epic choke.

philly might be outdoing the bucks right now.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Holy crap. That's brutal!

Listening to that stadium is just amazing. Talk about a wide range of emotions

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard