Chris Paul enters COVID Protocol

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can’t even begin to read into this one because I don’t even know WTF this means!

Pretty sure it means he doesn't want to make a decision until he knows he has to - which to me suggests he still thinks there is a chance Paul plays in game 1.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Any shot he can play in wcf... fuc!!!!! Short for u know ugh ugh ugh!!!
I think he should likely miss no more than 2 games, but has a chance of not missing any.

As long as he can get 2 consecutive negative tests prior to the first game he should be able to play.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pretty sure it means he doesn't want to make a decision until he knows he has to - which to me suggests he still thinks there is a chance Paul plays in game 1.
Let us all pray together:) lol....

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m just so bummed out about this . . . :(

I'm really not that bummed.

I am getting the distinct impression he will only miss a game or two.

Also keep in mind, Mitchell's ankle is iffy and he could easily agrivate it again, and who knows how long Conley is out.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
OK, on the radio they are reporting NBA insider says according to league sources that CP3's viral load is low he is not in danger of spreading to other players. That means the vaccine did it's job and why the Suns are waiting until Saturday for the next update.

PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE.
Sending Paul’s vaccine positive energy!!!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I so like Monty William's attitude. I think this is why the team is so tough and resilient.

From ESPN News Services:

"I'm not even going to go there until I have to, so there's no reason for me to be pessimistic at all," Williams said. "We just have to wait and see what's going to happen."

"My faith isn't going to waver now because we've had a few obstacles," Williams said. "We've had obstacles all season long and gotten through a lot of stuff. You look forward to these challenges, you embrace them, and you move forward."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...definitely-placed-nba-health-safety-protocols

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm really not that bummed.

I am getting the distinct impression he will only miss a game or two.

Also keep in mind, Mitchell's ankle is iffy and he could easily agrivate it again, and who knows how long Conley is out.
One or two games is enormous for a player that was the best in the last series from both teams.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I so like Monty William's attitude. I think this is why the team is so tough and resilient.

From ESPN News Services:

"I'm not even going to go there until I have to, so there's no reason for me to be pessimistic at all," Williams said. "We just have to wait and see what's going to happen."

"My faith isn't going to waver now because we've had a few obstacles," Williams said. "We've had obstacles all season long and gotten through a lot of stuff. You look forward to these challenges, you embrace them, and you move forward."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...definitely-placed-nba-health-safety-protocols
Yup. A dude who lives in the moment. It is what it is until it isn't. :). That's a calming influence on a team with a lot of youth on its side.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, on the radio they are reporting NBA insider says according to league sources that CP3's viral load is low he is not in danger of spreading to other players. That means the vaccine did it's job and why the Suns are waiting until Saturday for the next update.

PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE.

I wonder if the NBA has "viral load" in their health and safety protocols.

The league has been adapting procedure all season so let's hope they continue

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Suns are gonna be ok. CP3 will most likely play imo.
If he doesn't somebody WILL step up.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE.

So then follow the SCIENCE and let him play

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One or two games is enormous for a player that was the best in the last series from both teams.

You say that, but if it's Utah we go against - Those are 2 road games, and if we really are the better team we can still win the series just like the Clippers were going to do till Kawhi got hurt.

I still give us a punchers chance of winning 1 game without him, would just take other guys performing well.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'm just chuckling to myself right now. this is some cosmic comic tragedy.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think the Suns can beat the Clippers at home without Paul.

Also since the Jazz have home court advantage, it's not as imperative to win Game 1 at Utah. I'd be more worried if Game 1 was home without Paul.

Of course the Suns need Paul to return by Game 2, hold serve at home and get a win on the road.

I actually feel the opposite.

I would rather have Paul available for all road games as that steadying force. I think the bench guys are much more likely to step up at home.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has he tested negative yet?!

If the insider report they just read on KTAR is accurate low viral load means he is still positive. Likely why they are waiting until Saturday for the next update. Possibly giving him time for two negative tests?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You say that, but if it's Utah we go against - Those are 2 road games, and if we really are the better team we can still win the series just like the Clippers were going to do till Kawhi got hurt.

I still give us a punchers chance of winning 1 game without him, would just take other guys performing well.
I understand where you’re coming from, I just don’t think we’re built for that. Those other examples we’ve seen this morning have been superstar-driven designs. Lebron taking over. Jordan taking over. Durant taking over. If we were going to win it all this year we were going to do so more as a turbocharged Detroit pistons type team (either Thomas or billups squads) where the sum of the parts overwhelmed the superstar teams. If we are down a crucial part I think our sum suffers more greatly than the teams where the superstar had to go, was capable of going, and actually did go supernova.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually feel the opposite.

I would rather have Paul available for all road games as that steadying force. I think the bench guys are much more likely to step up at home.

There are always different ways of looking at things. My thought if the Suns are going to lose a game I prefer it to be on the road. Of course they would have to steal a win on the road, if it's the Jazz, sometime during the series.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think we should root for the Clippers tonight. Even if they win in 6 and we play G1 Sunday, I like our chances at home without Paul against Kawhi-less Clippers in Game 1 and 2 (if needed). If Clippers win tonight it also gives them two chances to get Jazz out. I think our priority now should be getting Jazz out. They are a much bigger threat to beat us than Clippers now. I am assuming Kawhi is out for at least two weeks.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
There are always different ways of looking at things. My thought if the Suns are going to lose a game I prefer it to be on the road. Of course they would have to steal a win on the road, if it's the Jazz, sometime during the series.

I think our best chance to steal a road game would be early (at full strength and with full rest).

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I think we should root for the Clippers tonight. Even if they win in 6 and we play G1 Sunday, I like our chances at home without Paul against Kawhi-less Clippers in Game 1 and 2 (if needed). If Clippers win tonight it also gives them two chances to get Jazz out. I think our priority now should be getting Jazz out. They are a much bigger threat to beat us than Clippers now. I am assuming Kawhi is out for at least two weeks.

Utah is out for blood with this news. Clipps are history.